Windows 10: Extremely Slow Startup

Discus and support Extremely Slow Startup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Dell Inspiron 5759 16 gigs of RAM - plenty of disk space - start up takes 5-10 minutes I have completed all the normal stuff - updates, system file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by travelguy, Aug 14, 2020.

1. travelguy Win User

Extremely Slow Startup

Dell Inspiron 5759 16 gigs of RAM - plenty of disk space - start up takes 5-10 minutes

I have completed all the normal stuff - updates, system file checker DISM, and anything I have read or heard of

Both the system file checker and DISM says everything with the OS is good

The only thing I haven't tried is to do a Windows reset - does it make sense to do that?

:)

travelguy, Aug 14, 2020
  2. SlipSlice Win User

Slow Startup

Does anybody know why I am having really slow system startups? I don't have extra startup programs than I use to have. The only thing that I think it could be is my antivirus program. I use AVG now since I reformated 2 days ago..and every since then, I have a really slow startup..I don't know if that is the reason..Does anybody have any suggestions, on how to speed my startup? I use to be able to be on my desktop screen in like 35-40 seconds at most. And now it is way over a minute. Any help would be gr8.

-slip*Cool Extremely Slow Startup :cool:

SlipSlice, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Extremely Slow Startup

Hi Kevin,

File corruption may trigger a slow system performance concern. For us to figure out what's causing the unusual behavior of your computer, we'd like to know the following details:

• How and when did the issue start?
    • Have you recently installed any updates?
    • Have you made any significant software or hardware changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What steps have you performed so far to resolve the issue?

We will be waiting for your reply so we can move forward to resolving your query.

Dhavelyn Mer, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Extremely Slow Startup

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Extremely Slow Startup

1. Extremely Slow Startup - Similar Threads - Extremely Slow Startup

2. Display Adapter Driver Causing PC to Startup Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Adapter Driver Causing PC to Startup Extremely Slow: For some time now I've been plagued by my PC taking an extremely long time 5 to 10 minutes or longer to start, restart and shut down.Once started the pc runs like a champ.Recently I did a clean install of Windows 11 and the PC start, restart and shut down was back to normal...
  3. Extremely slow startup & wakeup after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremely slow startup & wakeup after upgrading to Windows 10: I saw there was subject about exact problem I recently had. Since I fixed it I want to help those who still didn't find solution. So I have HP DV7 laptop and after upgrading to Windows 10 it started to boot up so slow, precisely it shows Windows boot logo and after that is...
  4. Extremely slow startup & wakeup after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely slow startup & wakeup after upgrading to Windows 10: I saw there was subject about exact problem I recently had. Since I fixed it I want to help those who still didn't find solution. So I have HP DV7 laptop and after upgrading to Windows 10 it started to boot up so slow, precisely it shows Windows boot logo and after that is...
  5. Extremely slow startup & wakeup after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My Computer's Startup is extremely slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Computer's Startup is extremely slow: Hi, so first I want to preface this with the fact that I'm not amazing with computers. My friend built mine and ever since I got it, I've been having problems like the computer running slow and the startup taking upwards of 20 to 30 minutes. I've tried everything I can think...
  7. Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extremely Slow: My computer is terribly slow. There's a lag for EVERY action performed; turning on the computer and logging in, opening google chrome, opening a new tab, loading a website, shutting off the computer, EVERYTHING. I don't know what to do. I've only used about 1/3 of my...
  8. Startup EXTREMELY Slow After Last Update

Startup EXTREMELY Slow After Last Update: Hi, I see a few people are posting black screens at startup - in my case that's what I thought I had but if I let it go for a few minutes it would eventually get to the login screen. At a few other times, I got to a blue screen saying I needed to use the Recovery tools. All...
  9. Extremely Slow and Random Startup

Extremely Slow and Random Startup: Hello, I have just run into an issue where I restarted my PC and for some reason, it would take forever to even load to the desktop where normally its 30 seconds. First I went ahead and did a few more restarts(had to force restart since start menu did not work). Each time...
  10. Windows 10 extremely slow on startup

Windows 10 extremely slow on startup: I have a 256 gig SSD with 88 gig free (not part of the profile). I upgraded to Windows 10 two weeks ago. Everything seemed fine until Monday morning when it went into repair mode on startup. I had to reinstall from the media DVD. Afterward, when it started, it was so slow...