Windows 10: Extremely slow transfer and viewing file details of Nikon Z6 II camera files

Discus and support Extremely slow transfer and viewing file details of Nikon Z6 II camera files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently got a Nikon Z6 II camera and the image files it produces NEF files seem to be creating serious issues with Windows.When I copy them from an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RichardAmes3, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Extremely slow transfer and viewing file details of Nikon Z6 II camera files

I recently got a Nikon Z6 II camera and the image files it produces NEF files seem to be creating serious issues with Windows.When I copy them from an SD card they transfer extremely slowly ~30 MB/s. Other image files from the same SD card and card reader tansfer at 80 - 90 MB/s.And when they finally do copy over it takes an extremely long time to access the directory where they're stored. If I access the transfer directory In Windows Explorer, I see a list of file icons I use the detail view, no thumbnails and the date info slowly appears, one-by-one at a rate of only about

:)

RichardAmes3, Apr 25, 2021

2. Failure opening Nikon Z6 NEF photos

While I don't have the same issue with my Z6 NEF files, I'm having some problems. Thumbnails of any raw photos from my Nikon Z6 look as expected, but as soon as I open a file in the Photos App, the photo appears nearly colorless and nothing like the thumbnail...or
    even like the neutral NEF file should look.

And this only happens with NEF files from the Nikon Z6, and not with NEF files from my Nikon D750.

Hmm...

PhilipOswald, Apr 25, 2021
  3. Failure opening Nikon Z6 NEF photos

Did not fix the problem. Problem is not with all NEF files, but only the ones from the Nikon Z6.

HiltonGillis, Apr 25, 2021
  4. Extremely slow transfer and viewing file details of Nikon Z6 II camera files

Failure opening Nikon Z6 NEF photos

The Z6 NEF files open normally with Photo Viewer but not with the Photos app, which I like to use for some editing. The Nikon ViewNX 2 software will open and display these files, but "Adjustments" does not function. The newer ViewNX-i appears to be fully
    functional for all Nikon files.

HiltonGillis, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

Extremely slow transfer and viewing file details of Nikon Z6 II camera files

1. Extremely slow transfer and viewing file details of Nikon Z6 II camera files - Similar Threads - Extremely slow transfer

2. Extremely slow file transfers internrally

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extremely slow file transfers internrally: I'm using my old 4 years old gaming gig as a Plex server. I ran out of room on the array I had set up with three 8TB drives and purchased two new 18 TB drives. I've tried to copy the files over to the larger drives and have attempted this to both drives. They are each set up...
  3. Extremely slow file transfers internrally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely slow file transfers internrally: I'm using my old 4 years old gaming gig as a Plex server. I ran out of room on the array I had set up with three 8TB drives and purchased two new 18 TB drives. I've tried to copy the files over to the larger drives and have attempted this to both drives. They are each set up...
  4. Extremely slow file transfers internrally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer Extremely Slow!

File Explorer Extremely Slow!: Hello, From 13th November, my laptop has become slower in the case of file explorer. I have even attached an image: I think that this might be because of the Update I made that day. It was working just normal on the 12th, I remember. And, there is a video in my Downloads...
  6. How can I get Windows 10 to recognize NEF files taken by a Nikon Z6 II?

How can I get Windows 10 to recognize NEF files taken by a Nikon Z6 II?: Hello. I just bought a Nikon Z6 II and found that Windows 10 does not see the NEF raw files. It sees the JPG files just fine. Those files are useless to me. Is there a fix for this? Right now my new $2,600 paper weight. Please help! Thank you, Paul Livingston...
  7. Add details to files in the detail view

Add details to files in the detail view: Hello. I have a folder, "Invoices," that has a few different file types in it. The files are invoices that I get from vendors, normally as email attachments. I have over 100 vendors and I get the invoices as PDF's, Excel, or Word. I drag and drop the email attachment to...
  8. Failure opening Nikon Z6 NEF photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failure opening Nikon Z6 NEF photos: I installed the latest Windows 10 update, version 1903. I installed the RAW Windows extension. I use Windows Photos App. NEF files from my Z6 on an XQD card will open and look fine, but will collapse into random horizontal streaks in 3-4 seconds. What gives? NEF (RAW)...
  9. Extremely slow file transfer from computer to external HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extremely slow file transfer from computer to external HDD: Extremely slow file transfer from computer to external HDD I am almost sure it has to do with Malwarebytes real time protection which I recently installed, and I am not a complainer but this is almost ridiculous. Robby [img] 106810
  10. Extremely slow intranet file transfer speed

Extremely slow intranet file transfer speed: Windows 10 Pro Build: 1709 OS Build: 16299.309 I have three pc's on my home network. One had windows 10 from the factory the other two were Win 7 and 8.1 and all were experiencing 70-90MB/sec file transfer speeds. My internet was and still is 60MB/sec. After upgrading to...