Windows 10: extremely slow wifi on only one computer in the house

Discus and support extremely slow wifi on only one computer in the house in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ive tried everything i can find on the internet and nothing seems to fix the problem. i even bought a new wifi adapter and that didnt work either. we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by karisharvey, Aug 4, 2020.

1. extremely slow wifi on only one computer in the house

Ive tried everything i can find on the internet and nothing seems to fix the problem. i even bought a new wifi adapter and that didnt work either. we have other devices in the house including another pc and the wifi works perfectly fine on them so im not sure of the problem. i also dont think its the distance of the router because we tried another pc in the same location and there was no difference of their speed. The wifi was never amazing on here but now its terrible and sometines wont even connect. any help would be appreciated :

:)

karisharvey, Aug 4, 2020

2. Extremely Slow Wifi

Hello!

I have Windows 10 on my PC. I have had a WiFi card in it for over a year now and have not had any problems, yet recently the WiFi has gotten extremely slow. Our WiFi network which can output 450 Mbps is only picking up about 7-25
    and that's when nobody else is using the internet. Since the speeds aren't due to the actually connection, you may think its because of the location in the house, and yet when I connect to a speed-test online with my phone in the same location, its getting
    150-300 Mbps. I do not believe that the WiFi card is the problem, since I have been using it for over a year and until about two weeks ago, have had no problems with slow internet whatsoever. The only thing that I can recall I started doing about two weeks
    ago is regularly installing the windows driver updates, and since then I have been have tons of wireless problems, not just limited to WiFi. Please help!

Thanks,

Andrew

AndrewMCombs, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Extremely slow WIFI

Hi Joanne,

It seems that the slow download speed only happens on your wireless devices. Since you've basically performed almost all necessary troubleshooting on both laptops, we would like to ask a few questions to help us further isolate this issue.

• How far is your computer from the router?
    • What's the make and model of your router? Is it a single-band or dual-band?
    • Are there other devices connected to the WiFi network?

In the meantime, we suggest that you change or specify the channel of your wireless network. If you have access to your router, set it to either Channel 1, 6, or 11, then change the Channel Width to 20 MHz only. Once saved, try checking the download speed again.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

extremely slow wifi on only one computer in the house

Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

extremely slow wifi on only one computer in the house

1. extremely slow wifi on only one computer in the house - Similar Threads - extremely slow wifi

2. Slow Wifi Reciever, Only on computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Wifi Reciever, Only on computer: My pc is recieve speeds of up to 500 kbps max no matter what im doing, how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-wifi-reciever-only-on-computer/5fbee0f3-8772-4f2d-b670-f514128f8acc
  3. My ethernet and wifi is really slow but only on one computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ethernet and wifi is really slow but only on one computer: Basically what the title says. It was working fine one day and the next it started acting like thisThe WiFi is sometimes fast and sometimes slow. It has trouble loading some websites especially YouTube and google, for some reason and all games are rly laggyI’ve tried network...
  4. My ethernet and wifi is really slow but only on one computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My ethernet and wifi is really slow but only on one computer: Basically what the title says. It was working fine one day and the next it started acting like thisThe WiFi is sometimes fast and sometimes slow. It has trouble loading some websites especially YouTube and google, for some reason and all games are rly laggyI’ve tried network...
  5. My ethernet and wifi is really slow but only on one computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Extremely Slow Wifi

Extremely Slow Wifi: I just got a new Asus Vivobook 15 X512FA today. In the same spot as my phone, it gets speeds of 5mbps while my phone gets 150mbps. It also has 2 bars while my phone has 5. I have contacted Microsoft and my internet provider and neither could solve the problem. I also have tha...
  7. Internet download speed is slow on only one device in house

Internet download speed is slow on only one device in house: Hello everyone, so 6 days ago we installed a new Fiber internet with a speed up to 100Mbps and so far its pretty good in all devices until yesterday I was downloading a game with a size of 65GB the download speed was steady at 11MB/s which is very good until suddenly the...
  8. extremely slow wifi

extremely slow wifi: I got a used surface pro 5i7 7660U, 256GB about two weeks ago. the internet worked fine and very fast..until I updated 25 out of date drivers through GetMyDrivers, that I PAID for. now, whenever I turn off Bluetooth, the wifi with work at the speed that it is supposed...
  9. Surface Extremely slow WIFI

Surface Extremely slow WIFI: I cannot get my WiFi download speed up than 0.15 - 0.19 Mb If I try from my mobile phone or any other laptop or tablet got good speed about 40Mb all tests are very near to the router is that a problem with surface hardware WiFi? I found another question same this one...
  10. Extremely Slow Wifi

Extremely Slow Wifi: Hello! I have Windows 10 on my PC. I have had a WiFi card in it for over a year now and have not had any problems, yet recently the WiFi has gotten extremely slow. Our WiFi network which can output 450 Mbps is only picking up about 7-25 and that's when nobody else is using...