Windows 10: Extremely Slow Wifi

Discus and support Extremely Slow Wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I have Windows 10 on my PC. I have had a WiFi card in it for over a year now and have not had any problems, yet recently the WiFi has gotten... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndrewMCombs, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Extremely Slow Wifi

Hello!

I have Windows 10 on my PC. I have had a WiFi card in it for over a year now and have not had any problems, yet recently the WiFi has gotten extremely slow. Our WiFi network which can output 450 Mbps is only picking up about 7-25 and that's when nobody else is using the internet. Since the speeds aren't due to the actually connection, you may think its because of the location in the house, and yet when I connect to a speed-test online with my phone in the same location, its getting 150-300 Mbps. I do not believe that the WiFi card is the problem, since I have been using it for over a year and until about two weeks ago, have had no problems with slow internet whatsoever. The only thing that I can recall I started doing about two weeks ago is regularly installing the windows driver updates, and since then I have been have tons of wireless problems, not just limited to WiFi. Please help!

Thanks,

Andrew

:)

AndrewMCombs, Oct 9, 2019

2. Extremely Slow Wifi on LG Optimus 7

Hi

Recently I've been experiencing extremely slow wifi speeds when using my LG Optimus 7. When I first got the phone the wifi was working at regular speeds but recently it has gotten extremely slow for no apparent reason.
    The problem has nothing to do with my wifi router since my laptop, XBOX 360 and iPod work perfectly with wifi.
    I usually get 3 bars of data with my phone but even when I turn off data and allow the wifi to fully connect when waking from sleep, it still works extremely slow.
    Is this a bug with WP7 or is there a fix to it?

Thanks.

jason86586, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Extremely slow WiFi on windows 10

I recently bought a new PC, and the WiFi is extremely slow on it. On my other devices I get around 50+mbs, on my PC I get around 2 mbs. Any idea what the problem is? thanks

NavOfHouseEl, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Extremely Slow Wifi

Windows 10 - Extremely slow WIFI

Hi Joanne,

It seems that the slow download speed only happens on your wireless devices. Since you've basically performed almost all necessary troubleshooting on both laptops, we would like to ask a few questions to help us further isolate this issue.

• How far is your computer from the router?
    • What's the make and model of your router? Is it a single-band or dual-band?
    • Are there other devices connected to the WiFi network?

In the meantime, we suggest that you change or specify the channel of your wireless network. If you have access to your router, set it to either Channel 1, 6, or 11, then change the Channel Width to 20 MHz only. Once saved, try checking the download speed again.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Extremely Slow Wifi

1. Extremely Slow Wifi - Similar Threads - Extremely Slow Wifi

2. Extremly slow browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremly slow browsers: Hi recently all browsers i use are really slow close to unsable, its not tied to internet since on my phone they work perfectly and not tied to the pc since all my games and app work good. I tired clearing cache and cookies and removing toolball and extesions. All browsers...
  3. My Asus laptop's wifi is extremely slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Asus laptop's wifi is extremely slow: I think this question has been asked a million times before but my laptop's internet connection is significantly slower than my phone for comparison. I have a 30 mbps internet connection. It's not the best but not the worst. For example, my laptop would only get 8 mbps...
  4. Extremely Slow Wifi

Extremely Slow Wifi: I just got a new Asus Vivobook 15 X512FA today. In the same spot as my phone, it gets speeds of 5mbps while my phone gets 150mbps. It also has 2 bars while my phone has 5. I have contacted Microsoft and my internet provider and neither could solve the problem. I also have tha...
  5. extremely slow wifi on only one computer in the house

extremely slow wifi on only one computer in the house: Ive tried everything i can find on the internet and nothing seems to fix the problem. i even bought a new wifi adapter and that didnt work either. we have other devices in the house including another pc and the wifi works perfectly fine on them so im not sure of the problem....
  6. extremely slow wifi

extremely slow wifi: I got a used surface pro 5i7 7660U, 256GB about two weeks ago. the internet worked fine and very fast..until I updated 25 out of date drivers through GetMyDrivers, that I PAID for. now, whenever I turn off Bluetooth, the wifi with work at the speed that it is supposed...
  7. Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extremely Slow: My computer is terribly slow. There's a lag for EVERY action performed; turning on the computer and logging in, opening google chrome, opening a new tab, loading a website, shutting off the computer, EVERYTHING. I don't know what to do. I've only used about 1/3 of my...
  8. Surface Extremely slow WIFI

Surface Extremely slow WIFI: I cannot get my WiFi download speed up than 0.15 - 0.19 Mb If I try from my mobile phone or any other laptop or tablet got good speed about 40Mb all tests are very near to the router is that a problem with surface hardware WiFi? I found another question same this one...
  9. Wifi extremely slow after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi extremely slow after updates: I just updated to the latest Nov update and now, for whatever reason, my wifi speeds are terrible. I am getting 1.8-2 mbps on a network that I use where I was getting 50-60 mbps prior to the install. I tested this network on my iphone and ipad and I am getting 55-60...
  10. WiFi being extremely slow on my PC

WiFi being extremely slow on my PC: I had a technician out yesterday to take a look at my modem, and, he confirmed it was backed up and slow, but, he apparently fixed it for the time being and everyone else in my house has good internet connection, it should normally be around 200mb p/s down, but on speedtest...