Windows 10: Extremely Slow Wifi

Discus and support Extremely Slow Wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I have Windows 10 on my PC. I have had a WiFi card in it for over a year now and have not had any problems, yet recently the WiFi has gotten... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndrewMCombs, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Extremely Slow Wifi

Hello!

I have Windows 10 on my PC. I have had a WiFi card in it for over a year now and have not had any problems, yet recently the WiFi has gotten extremely slow. Our WiFi network which can output 450 Mbps is only picking up about 7-25 and that's when nobody else is using the internet. Since the speeds aren't due to the actually connection, you may think its because of the location in the house, and yet when I connect to a speed-test online with my phone in the same location, its getting 150-300 Mbps. I do not believe that the WiFi card is the problem, since I have been using it for over a year and until about two weeks ago, have had no problems with slow internet whatsoever. The only thing that I can recall I started doing about two weeks ago is regularly installing the windows driver updates, and since then I have been have tons of wireless problems, not just limited to WiFi. Please help!

Thanks,

Andrew

:)

AndrewMCombs, Oct 9, 2019

2. Extremely Slow Wifi on LG Optimus 7

Hi

Recently I've been experiencing extremely slow wifi speeds when using my LG Optimus 7. When I first got the phone the wifi was working at regular speeds but recently it has gotten extremely slow for no apparent reason.
    The problem has nothing to do with my wifi router since my laptop, XBOX 360 and iPod work perfectly with wifi.
    I usually get 3 bars of data with my phone but even when I turn off data and allow the wifi to fully connect when waking from sleep, it still works extremely slow.
    Is this a bug with WP7 or is there a fix to it?

Thanks.

jason86586, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Extremely slow WiFi on windows 10

I recently bought a new PC, and the WiFi is extremely slow on it. On my other devices I get around 50+mbs, on my PC I get around 2 mbs. Any idea what the problem is? thanks

NavOfHouseEl, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Extremely Slow Wifi

Windows 10 - Extremely slow WIFI

Hi Joanne,

It seems that the slow download speed only happens on your wireless devices. Since you've basically performed almost all necessary troubleshooting on both laptops, we would like to ask a few questions to help us further isolate this issue.

• How far is your computer from the router?
    • What's the make and model of your router? Is it a single-band or dual-band?
    • Are there other devices connected to the WiFi network?

In the meantime, we suggest that you change or specify the channel of your wireless network. If you have access to your router, set it to either Channel 1, 6, or 11, then change the Channel Width to 20 MHz only. Once saved, try checking the download speed again.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Extremely Slow Wifi

1. Extremely Slow Wifi - Similar Threads - Extremely Slow Wifi

2. "Not responding"/running extremely slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Not responding"/running extremely slow: I have an Asus laptop running on Windows 10. Recently it's been booting up EXTREMELY slow as well as running slow. Also, when I have programs open (doesn't matter which ones) it will come up as "not responding" in the middle of using it. I recently ran sfc/scanned via command...
  3. extremely slow boot up

extremely slow boot up: When computer is turned on the system boot up is extremely slow what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extremely-slow-boot-up/f8d79bfb-db3b-4646-bad9-0ce254f1e282
  4. Windows 10 extremely slow

Windows 10 extremely slow: Hello, I have problem with my computer speed. It gets so bad that it take me 2min to press start-power-shut down when turning off computer shut be 3s thing. Laptop has intel core i5-4210U, 500GB (only 138 is actually used), 4GB of RAM. Windows 10 Pro is installed and without...
  5. Laptop extremely slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop extremely slow: Hello, I have had my lap top (make, model and specs in my system details) since Feb, and recently it has become very slow when starting up. Also after start-up it can take time for programs to load. I have taken a trace using Windows Assessment Toolkit which is here...
  6. Microsoft Edge extremely slow

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge extremely slow: Has anyone else noticed Microsoft Edge being extremely slow in opening applications or loading web pages or is it just me? Sometimes it takes ten to thirty seconds to open webpages with the dreaded spinning circle. It would be a while before I could clean install due to lack...
  7. Internet Explorer is extremely slow

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer is extremely slow: I'm using Windows 10 latest updates and internet exp. version 11. (exact vestons see screen shots) About 6-8 weeks, internet explorer has become so slow, and hangs up, so often I literally can not use it. simple tasks such as hitting Google, IE will just hang taking 45-50...
  8. WiFi being extremely slow on my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi being extremely slow on my PC: I had a technician out yesterday to take a look at my modem, and, he confirmed it was backed up and slow, but, he apparently fixed it for the time being and everyone else in my house has good internet connection, it should normally be around 200mb p/s down, but on speedtest...
  9. Installing extremely slow

Installing extremely slow: Tried moving thread but unable! See general support.. 96678
  10. Extremely Slow and Random Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremely Slow and Random Startup: Hello, I have just run into an issue where I restarted my PC and for some reason, it would take forever to even load to the desktop where normally its 30 seconds. First I went ahead and did a few more restarts(had to force restart since start menu did not work). Each time...