Windows 10: Extremely Slow

Discus and support Extremely Slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer is terribly slow. There's a lag for EVERY action performed; turning on the computer and logging in, opening google chrome, opening a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Erin0103, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Erin0103 Win User

Extremely Slow

My computer is terribly slow. There's a lag for EVERY action performed; turning on the computer and logging in, opening google chrome, opening a new tab, loading a website, shutting off the computer, EVERYTHING.

I don't know what to do. I've only used about 1/3 of my computer storage, I've delete games, I'm up-to-date on all system updates, ive rebooted, I've done all that I can think of.

What do I do? Do I just need an entirely new computer?

:)

Erin0103, Mar 26, 2020

2. Jumplist sometimes extremely slow

I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 recently.

Only after a few days, the jump lists started to get extremely slow.

But they behave that way just for a while, then they work as they should again.

When slow, it takes several minutes for the jump list to appear. It is extremely annoying. Especially e.g. when I have opened a remote desktop and want to open another one via the jumplist.

I had exactly the same problem with my old Windows 7 PC and assumed that I would get rid of that problem,
    changing both PC and OS, but no.

I do not want the standard answers to this problem:

- Disable Aero

- Clear the (Explorer) Cache for Jump lists

- etc.

It is definitely something else. I mean, how would the jump list cache get full after only a week? And why does the jump list get slow only sometimes and then suddenly works just fine again?

So please, give me an answer that takes this into consideration.

Anders Edvin, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Windows store downloads extremely slow

So after receiving the 0x803F7003 error yesterday some (and only some) of my apps have started downloading however it is downloading extremely slow and not finished anything. Internet connection is fine and I have tried the 'wsreset.exe' solution but it
    is practically standing still. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

JohnMcquire, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Extremely Slow

Computer extremely slow after Unexpected_Store_Exception error

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

The error Unexpected_Store_Exception, is related to the driver corruption.

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to run System maintenance task and check if it helps.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Extremely Slow

1. Extremely Slow - Similar Threads - Extremely Slow

2. My laptop is extremely slow on start up and even when doing things. How do I speed it up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is extremely slow on start up and even when doing things. How do I speed it up?: My HP Pavillion B&o is very slow at startup and stays slow. What can I do to make it faster? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-extremely-slow-on-start-up-and-even/041baea1-30e7-4cf3-917b-b4c69e759048
  3. My laptop is extremely slow on start up and even when doing things. How do I speed it up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is extremely slow on start up and even when doing things. How do I speed it up?: My HP Pavillion B&o is very slow at startup and stays slow. What can I do to make it faster? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-extremely-slow-on-start-up-and-even/041baea1-30e7-4cf3-917b-b4c69e759048
  4. Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.: Recently, my notebook started to have some problems where any program I'm using will either freeze completely not responding for a few seconds or become so slow it's unusable. Started a few days ago and is extremely weird. I can be using youtube and the browser just stops...
  5. Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.

Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.: Recently, my notebook started to have some problems where any program I'm using will either freeze completely not responding for a few seconds or become so slow it's unusable. Started a few days ago and is extremely weird. I can be using youtube and the browser just stops...
  6. Extremely Slow Internet Connection via L2TP VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely Slow Internet Connection via L2TP VPN: Hello all,I got a new Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 11 Pro. Whenever I connect to VPN from Windows my speed is 0.01 mbps.I searched for solutions and I tried:Running wireshark at background didn't do anything for meTrying to remove updates I don't have them installed i think...
  7. Extremely Slow Internet Connection via L2TP VPN

Extremely Slow Internet Connection via L2TP VPN: Hello all,I got a new Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 11 Pro. Whenever I connect to VPN from Windows my speed is 0.01 mbps.I searched for solutions and I tried:Running wireshark at background didn't do anything for meTrying to remove updates I don't have them installed i think...
  8. My laptop just running extremely slow even just open the file explorer and browsing in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop just running extremely slow even just open the file explorer and browsing in...: My laptop extremely running slow even I just open the file explorer easliy not responding or browser. I already tried to space up my Local Disk C until it doesn't seem red, but my drive D still red because I don't have external disk anymore. I also already uninstalled all the...
  9. My laptop just running extremely slow even just open the file explorer and browsing in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop just running extremely slow even just open the file explorer and browsing in...: My laptop extremely running slow even I just open the file explorer easliy not responding or browser. I already tried to space up my Local Disk C until it doesn't seem red, but my drive D still red because I don't have external disk anymore. I also already uninstalled all the...
  10. My laptop just running extremely slow even just open the file explorer and browsing in...