Windows 10: Extremely varied BSOD codes on startup and after login

Discus and support Extremely varied BSOD codes on startup and after login in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Community, I am repeatedly getting BSODs every time I use my laptop. The stop codes are extremely varied. Here are just some I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Th0mbus, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Th0mbus Win User

Extremely varied BSOD codes on startup and after login

Dear Microsoft Community,

I am repeatedly getting BSODs every time I use my laptop. The stop codes are extremely varied. Here are just some I have received over the past few days:

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

RESOURCE_MANAGER_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

CACHE_MANAGER

VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

I have noticed every time I startup that System Interrupts in Task Manager stays at 100% CPU workload for quite some time. One of the BSODs pointed to this process called "intelppm.sys".

I have also noticed an overall decline in user experience, with consistently long load and startup times and applications more than likely to hang or crash. My fans for some reason are always at full RPM and temperatures are abnormally high.

The BSOD usually occurs on startup but if not it can appear randomly anytime after startup doesn't matter if I'm logged in or not - I once tried accessing safe mode with networking but I got a BSOD when entering my account password. Windows Update says there are no updates so that must mean I'm up to date. Also checked the Lenovo Vantage app and Intel Driver Support Assistant and both said I was up to date with the exception of the Intel HD Graphics Driver which shouldn't be installed because my laptop has custom graphics drivers from Lenovo.

I've tried 'chkdsk' and 'sfc /scannow' commands in admin Command Prompt, both said there was nothing wrong. I've done multiple hardware tests within the UEFI all of which have passed. I've also done a full AV scan using Avira which came up with nothing. I've used the Memory Diagnostic Tool and reseated my RAM but also to no avail. I'm currently thinking of doing a backup and full reset unless some kind person from the MC community can come up with an alternative solution.

Link to minidump: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/bnej8njd2exrg/Documents

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Th0mbus.

:)

Th0mbus, Jan 26, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 26, 2021
  3. axe0 Win User
    BSOD on startup SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Extremely varied BSOD codes on startup and after login [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

The Micro SD Card controller driver has been flagged.
    This is a driver you cannot update as there are no updates available.
    Code:
    Code:
    0: kd> lmvm AmUStor start             end                 module name fffff800`cd190000 fffff800`cd1a6000   AmUStor  T (no symbols)                Loaded symbol image file: AmUStor.SYS     Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\AmUStor.SYS     Image name: AmUStor.SYS     Timestamp:        Fri Jul 05 11:07:06 2013 (51D68CBA)     CheckSum:         000223A7     ImageSize:        00016000     Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    Following is a list of suggestions for updating old drivers
    • Please check Razer software for updates or remove it, it has old drivers.
    • Please check Microsoft for driver updates for mouse and keyboard.
    • Please update Malwarebytes.
    • Please check Logitech for driver updates.
    • Please update iTunes
    • Please check AMD for driver updates, use their tool to detect the updates.
    • Please remove this AMD Overdrive driver, it is known for causing BSOD's.
    Code:
    Code:
    AODDriver4.3 c:\program files\ati technologies\ati.ace\fuel\amd64\aoddriver2.sys

4. Extremely varied BSOD codes on startup and after login

startup login

Hi Tawyna,

Unclear what you are trying to ask.

• What do you mean by a Startup login?
    • Do you mean desktop?

Sumit - Insider MVP, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Extremely varied BSOD codes on startup and after login

1. Extremely varied BSOD codes on startup and after login - Similar Threads - Extremely varied BSOD

2. Multiple BSOD's of varying error codes. 3b, ef

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD's of varying error codes. 3b, ef: I've been having weird BSOD's over the past few weeks, been trying to troubleshoot on my own but clearly too stupid to understand the walls of text that are dump files, and lacking technical knowhow to do anything with what little I can figure out.I have 3 drives total, C...
  3. Multiple BSOD's of varying error codes. 3b, ef

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD's of varying error codes. 3b, ef: I've been having weird BSOD's over the past few weeks, been trying to troubleshoot on my own but clearly too stupid to understand the walls of text that are dump files, and lacking technical knowhow to do anything with what little I can figure out.I have 3 drives total, C...
  4. Frequent and varied BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent and varied BSODs: For the last couple of months, I've been receiving random BSODs such as:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONIRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALDRIVER_OVERRUN_STACK_BUFFERSYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONAnd so on.I've tried with fresh Window installation, disabling drivers, updating them. I've tried sfc...
  5. Random BSOD errors of varying codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD errors of varying codes: I have been getting random BSOD errors for a while, sometimes I get 5 in 1 day, and sometimes I get none in 1 week, it is very random. I have tried most of the recommended fixes for the codes I get and none seem to work. Here is a zipped file containing the 5 most recent BSOD...
  6. Recent BSODs with Varying Stop Codes

Recent BSODs with Varying Stop Codes: Recently, I had 5 BSODs at seemingly varying times -- not during game/app startup or anything. The stop codes have been PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, etc. Looking them up, they seem to be very unspecific and related to drivers or Windows updates....
  7. Varying BSOD Issues after reinstall

Varying BSOD Issues after reinstall: Hi, I reinstalled windows due to issues with bsods happening once a day randomly. I tried using driver verifier to identify any problematic drivers and also reinstalled windows. I've removed what appeared to having problems but now am getting generic system errors instead of...
  8. Daily crashes with varying BSOD codes

Daily crashes with varying BSOD codes: For several days, I have been getting several different codes and I need some help trying to track down the issue. I have uploaded the minidump files to my public Onedrive along with the events from the past month. I don't think all instances are listed as I had to restart...
  9. BSOD i7-4790k, Stop codes vary!

BSOD i7-4790k, Stop codes vary!: CPU thottles at 800Mhz at startup. I'm running ThrottleStop to get it to run normal speed but I get bluescreens from time to time. (sometimes the computer freezes.) The stop codes seems to vary;- DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL- SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED-...
  10. Varying BSOD's...

Varying BSOD's...: Ok I want to take a moment to say thanks to AXEO for helping me solve my issues! Ok I was experiencing a wide range of blue screen error msg's AKA as BSOD's. IRQL, MEM, READ/write, combined with computer freezing for moment and then speeding up....here is a quick sum up of...