Windows 10: Extremely weird behavior with display

Discus and support Extremely weird behavior with display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I believe this issue started when I started using an external display. However, it now persists even when not using an external display. The issue is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jess Farmer, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Extremely weird behavior with display

I believe this issue started when I started using an external display. However, it now persists even when not using an external display.

The issue is only noticeable during certain times. For example, when I use print screen. My screen seems fine, but when I look at the output of print screen, I see a black bar and the bottom half is cut off. As shown below:

Extremely weird behavior with display 88256326-e014-4d4c-a876-a7be87e0b483?upload=true.png

Now the only workaround I have found to this issue, is when I plug back in my external display. However, I have to set up my display settings very weird. Ideally it would be like this:

Extremely weird behavior with display a8a7ec07-9c89-4f3b-adf4-80b3706aa41a?upload=true.png

But in order for the black screen to not show up it has to be like this if my laptop is the "Main Display":

Extremely weird behavior with display 6e8af539-f9ef-413f-bf90-9dbe15d796da?upload=true.png

Or like this if my external monitor is my "Main Display":

Extremely weird behavior with display fd109634-454f-4bc8-84e4-6bd61125a15e?upload=true.png

None of this makes any sense to me. But it's driving me insane.

Please help.

Also - I can change the size of the black bar by messing with the Screens' positions in Display settings. But of course, none of the positions I'd like actually work.

I have updated my display drivers. Tried different resolutions. Tried different aspect ratios. Tried different zooms. This is honestly the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. How can my it display just fine, but cause issues randomly with other programs? Most prominent, snipping tool and print screen.

And there is no option to just reset display settings to factory settings. My laptop used to be fine, so if I could just reset EVERYTHING associated with display to factory settings, it should fix it.

:)

Jess Farmer, Nov 4, 2019
  2. teh0wner Win User

Weird behavior while charging

Supplied charger when charging on normal wall socket.. Weird behavior :S

teh0wner, Nov 4, 2019
  3. rivre Win User
    System restore - weird behavior

Before deletion:

current usage: 8.62 GB
    free space: 35.2 GB
    "vssadmin list shadows"
    1 shadow copy found
    "vssadmin delete shadows /For=C: /all"
    1 shadow copy deleted

After deletion:

current usage: 8.62 GB
    free space: 35.2 GB
    "vssadmin list shadows"
    0 shadow copies found

Clearly there's something wrong. I just ran this a minute ago. I currently have no shadow copies according to system restore, ccleaner, and "vssadmin list shadows". Yet it still shows current usage: 8.62 GB and my free space has not gone down. What is going on here?

Right now, system restore is disabled. It lists OFF. "Disable system protection" is ticked. Yet it still says current usage: 8.62 GB!

Extremely weird behavior with display [​IMG]

rivre, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Extremely weird behavior with display

Weird behavior in sleep mode in windows 10

Hi

I am using Windows 10 I face weird behavior when using the sleep mode here are the steps:

1. Connect PC to wireless network from mobile phone (iPhone).

2. Go to sleep mode from windows.

3. Turn off the hot spot from mobile.

Result: the PC started right away (wake up from sleep mode).

Expected result: PC should remain in sleep mode.

nizar salameh, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Extremely weird behavior with display

1. Extremely weird behavior with display - Similar Threads - Extremely weird behavior

2. Weird keyboard behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird keyboard behavior: When I pressed - key it becomes backspace too, when I pressed : key it clicks enter too, when I pressed ? key clicks Shift too. Anyone can please help me? I suspect it's something to do with Fn key shortcut but searching online doesn't give any clues.I tried uninstalling...
  3. Weird keyboard behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird keyboard behavior: When I pressed - key it becomes backspace too, when I pressed : key it clicks enter too, when I pressed ? key clicks Shift too. Anyone can please help me? I suspect it's something to do with Fn key shortcut but searching online doesn't give any clues.I tried uninstalling...
  4. Weird PowerShell behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird PowerShell behavior: So, every once in a while I see powershell flashing on the screen. It just opens real quick and closes right after. It's so fast I can't even react to it. Now that I was playing a game I was thrown to desktop game went paused and I guess the powershell soft-crashed since it...
  5. Weird PowerShell behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird PowerShell behavior: So, every once in a while I see powershell flashing on the screen. It just opens real quick and closes right after. It's so fast I can't even react to it. Now that I was playing a game I was thrown to desktop game went paused and I guess the powershell soft-crashed since it...
  6. Weird PowerShell behavior

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Weird mouse behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird mouse behavior: [ATTACH]Hello! I am experiencing some weird things with my mouse. Its kinda hard to explain so I have made a gif. Hope it will be clear by showing it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-mouse-behavior/254eb263-a502-4443-b4a0-85f873752e91
  8. Weird HDMI behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird HDMI behavior: Hi, I have an HP Envy laptop. The HDMI port only works if I take the following steps. Close the lid Plug the HDMI cable in Re-open the lid If I don't follow those steps, the hdmi port doesn't work. Is there any way that anyone knows to fix this weird behavior? submitted...
  9. Weird screen behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird screen behavior: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cxcris [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fvnrx2/weird_screen_behavior/
  10. Weird mouse behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird mouse behavior: Hello. My mouse has started working very weird today (and not only this mouse, I have tried another one to see if it's just problem with this one). So to start: It clicks its scroll itself. Sometimes it's just fine and sometimes it just clicks it itself. It's really...