Windows 10: Extremly slow/high usage of CPU/Mem/Bandwidth

Discus and support Extremly slow/high usage of CPU/Mem/Bandwidth in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Suddenly, well last week or so like on here I just switching from "New Posts" to "Forum" and on other sites in general the loading of anything new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Zippy2222, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Zippy2222 Win User

Extremly slow/high usage of CPU/Mem/Bandwidth

Suddenly, well last week or so like on here I just switching from "New Posts" to "Forum" and on other sites in general the loading of anything new takes soooo long. The little wheel in the tab on Google Chrome that is open that I'm currently using churns and churns for 5sec's. to sometimes the point I just give up and close the tab. I've checked in Task Manager but nothing shows as using an excessive amount of mem, cpu, Network, or Disk. I'm not really experienced at what I'm supposed to be looking for though. I've ran virus scanners, Mbam, AdwCleaner, CCleaner, etc. at nausium. I've tried Firefox w/a little improvement but it has it's issues too. By the way, how do I include a screen capture in this post/question??? I see no "Normal" tab, menue to do that. Why does one have to search like sherlock holmes to find simple commonly placed (on all other popular sites) choices for doing needed actions in a communication process? Woe, that's wierd! now it pops up, while I'm writing this question, "Additional Options" just below this window! See what I mean, It's driving me CRAyZZZYYYEEE!

:)

Zippy2222, Jun 23, 2017

2. After Update to windows 10 (1709 version), My laptop is lagging so much. Laptop model: Acer Predator helios 300

After the update, your CPU usage can be high for some time, making the system lag and feel slow. I explain how to check for this issue here: High CPU Usage in
    Windows 10
    . That also explains what you can do about it.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jun 23, 2017
  3. All games run hopelessly slow after update

After you install the twice-yearly updates, your Windows system will run very slow for a while and really hog your CPU as it reruns a ton of background work (see PSA:
    Windows 10 High CPU Usage
    for info). But usually after all this work is done, your CPU utilization will go back to 2% or less and the slowness with stop.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jun 23, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, if in general you are experiencing slow response to opening sites and pages on the internet, this could be due to factors outside your PC. Do you have any other device which can use the same router to compare with?

1. You might be using a slow DNS
    Test your DNS server Miniblog
    - used every time you request a new page.

Description of two tools:
    Two Tools for Testing DNS Server Speeds

Big list of tools:
    Online Tool To Check DNS Health & Troubleshoot

2. Your server may be busy- lots of traffic, or some other problem.

3. Your internet connection may not be performing well:
    Flash Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

4. Try another browser- do you experience the same in Edge, for example?

5. Are you using a VPN? (Note: using a VPN per se does not mean internet page response is slow).

A number of people seem to miss this:

Extremly slow/high usage of CPU/Mem/Bandwidth [​IMG]

How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums Windows 10 Tutorials

dalchina, Jun 24, 2017
  5. Zippy2222 Win User
    Thank you dalchina, 1st thing I did was speedtest-no problem same as usual about 8MB down/1.7up but it only costs me $10 a month, access to AT&T program. As for the only improvement so far is I'm transitioning to Mozila/Firefox, faster, more control over a lot of things, and it tells me when a page is slowing down my internet, (however it did not explain, I only saw one tab open which was a link from a web search page but I told it to close it and it did, cool ! I think I'm staying w/Firefox! Google was getting really flaky lately! I will investigate all the links you provided, as always your advice makes great sense and you back up your knowledgeable suggestions. Thanx again.

Zippy2222, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Extremly slow/high usage of CPU/Mem/Bandwidth - Similar Threads - Extremly slow high

2. High Mem usage and framerate spikes recently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Mem usage and framerate spikes recently: I built this PC in May, 2022. I know my way around the hardware aspects of pc's, But software has always been a struggle for me. I couldnt get access to the internet on it at first, Because it didnt have the drivers, But i needed TO access the internet to download the...
  3. High Mem usage and framerate spikes recently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Mem usage and framerate spikes recently: I built this PC in May, 2022. I know my way around the hardware aspects of pc's, But software has always been a struggle for me. I couldnt get access to the internet on it at first, Because it didnt have the drivers, But i needed TO access the internet to download the...
  4. Extremely slow PC with 100% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extremely slow PC with 100% CPU usage: For about a month, my PC has been extremely slow (to the point that it's unusable) with 100% CPU usage (caused by system interrupts). When I looked into it, I saw that the program ShellExperienceHost.exe was repeatedly crashing. I cannot interact with my taskbar at all. I...
  5. Slow hibernation process and high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow hibernation process and high CPU usage: Hi, I have an issue with windows 10 hibernation: from start of hibernation or sleep process when monitor turns off to when the laptop turns off it takes one to two minutes the duration is almost the same for each time. From the start of the process monitor turns off...
  6. High bandwidth usage of ntoskrnl.exe.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    High bandwidth usage of ntoskrnl.exe.: I am using windows 10 for a long time but recently from few months, I am facing this issue every time I turn on my laptop. The Systemntoskrnl.exe eating all my data, whenever i connect to the internet, I am totally frustrated with this issue, I tried finding solution online...
  7. Downloads folder extremely slow after windows update, has extremely high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downloads folder extremely slow after windows update, has extremely high CPU usage: had a recent windows update, ssd btw. Downloads folder has been extremely slow upon opening and takes up a lot of CPU usage (also gets cooling fans running on high). At random intervals, the green loading bar appears to reload slowly again, although this does not seem to have...
  8. Extremely High CPU Usage - Multiple system processes

Extremely High CPU Usage - Multiple system processes: My Windows Version: Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.592) About 2 weeks ago, I opened a thread on these forums regarding High CPU Usage due to the Service Host: DNS Client system process. To summarize, I was getting up to 100% CPU Usage due to this process and couldn't figure...
  9. Extremely high constant CPU usage

Extremely high constant CPU usage: So up until this morning my Windows 10 desktop has been performing really well. When the machine is idle the CPU use is only in the 1-3% range. For some reason my idle CPU use is now CONSTANTLY 30-40% (even after a reboot)! Task manager says its "Service Host: Local System...
  10. Extremely HIGH CPU Usage (SVCHost)

Extremely HIGH CPU Usage (SVCHost): So, basically I upgraded to Windows 10, and it's been a huge nightmare. To start with, I didn't enjoy the experience and tried to downgrade, but I was informed the backup was corrupted (it was using a different file structure or something) and was incompatible. So... no...