Windows 10: Eye Pain: Does Windows 10 Apply Software-Driven Hardware Frequency Controls Other Than CPU?

Discus and support Eye Pain: Does Windows 10 Apply Software-Driven Hardware Frequency Controls Other Than CPU? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Question: Does Windows 10 apply any type of software-driven hardware frequency control aside from CPU power savings settings? Perhaps RAM or similar? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LarryNG, Jun 9, 2023.

1. LarryNG Win User

Eye Pain: Does Windows 10 Apply Software-Driven Hardware Frequency Controls Other Than CPU?

Question: Does Windows 10 apply any type of software-driven hardware frequency control aside from CPU power savings settings? Perhaps RAM or similar? I am attempting to diagnose where and why there is an increase of EMF radiance from Windows 10 computers.Symptom to remedy: Users are complaining of eye pressure which quickly leads to physical eye pain which further leads to strong headaches. The pain begins almost immediately upon booting a Windows 10 pc, and the pain does not fully subside until hours after the computer is shut down sometimes lasting the rest of the day. Without viewing the

:)

LarryNG, Jun 9, 2023

2. Setting up Eye Control (beta) with Tobii Eye Tracker 4c on a Toshiba notebook with Windows 10.

I'm trying to setup Eye Control on a Toshiba laptop running Windows 10. I have a Tobii Eye Tracker 4C but when I try to set the software up it doesn't recognize the hardware. I'm currently using the same hardware on the same computer with OptiKey
    software and it works. Any suggestion how to get Eye Control to recognize it?

BlaneEbersold, Jun 9, 2023
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    INCORRECT CPU FREQUENCY READING

Hello Muhammad,

CPU usage depends on the applications that are open to your device. To isolate the problem, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Can you include a screenshot of the CPU reading?
    • Have you tried performing a
      clean boot
      to eliminate software conflicts?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Jun 9, 2023
  4. Harryv98 Win User

Eye Pain: Does Windows 10 Apply Software-Driven Hardware Frequency Controls Other Than CPU?

Windows 10 CPU frequency is locking at 0.78 Ghz

Hello,

I am facing with the CPU frequency where it locks at 0.78 GHz when I run any software or game on my laptop, I followed

this
    thread but it didn't help me.

I also read about a similar issue
    here
    , but couldn't follow it up as I am not part of the Windows Insider Program.

Can anyone please suggest any solution regarding this issue??

Harryv98, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

1. Eye Pain: Does Windows 10 Apply Software-Driven Hardware Frequency Controls Other Than CPU? - Similar Threads - Eye Pain Does

2. HELP!!! cpu wont use more than 30% frequency!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP!!! cpu wont use more than 30% frequency!: I have an omen 15 with a intel i7 dont know exact specifications with 16gb of ram, and a rtx 2060! it was working fine before, but i dont know what to do!This is really annoying, i cant play half life 2, or hla, please help!...
  3. HELP!!! cpu wont use more than 30% frequency!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP!!! cpu wont use more than 30% frequency!: I have an omen 15 with a intel i7 dont know exact specifications with 16gb of ram, and a rtx 2060! it was working fine before, but i dont know what to do!This is really annoying, i cant play half life 2, or hla, please help!...
  4. Eye Pain: Does Windows 10 Apply Software-Driven Hardware Frequency Controls Other Than CPU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Eye Pain: Does Windows 10 Apply Software-Driven Hardware Frequency Controls Other Than CPU?: Question: Does Windows 10 apply any type of software-driven hardware frequency control aside from CPU power savings settings? Perhaps RAM or similar? I am attempting to diagnose where and why there is an increase of EMF radiance from Windows 10 computers.Symptom to remedy:...
  5. Eye Pain: Does Windows 10 Apply Software-Driven Hardware Frequency Controls Other Than CPU?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Eye Pain: Does Windows 10 Apply Software-Driven Hardware Frequency Controls Other Than CPU?: Question: Does Windows 10 apply any type of software-driven hardware frequency control aside from CPU power savings settings? Perhaps RAM or similar? I am attempting to diagnose where and why there is an increase of EMF radiance from Windows 10 computers.Symptom to remedy:...
  6. Software controling hardware?!?!?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software controling hardware?!?!?!: Since when can an operating system for me Win10 scan and repair my hard drive after a simple restart? A piece of software should never be able to make changes to a piece of hardware without the end users explicit consent. Can someone? Can we clarify that please?...
  7. Software controling hardware?!?!?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software controling hardware?!?!?!: Since when can an operating system for me Win10 scan and repair my hard drive after a simple restart? A piece of software should never be able to make changes to a piece of hardware without the end users explicit consent. Can someone? Can we clarify that please?...
  8. Software controling hardware?!?!?!

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Windows 1903 - CPU Frequencies are lower than previous OS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 1903 - CPU Frequencies are lower than previous OS: Has anyone noticed lower CPU speeds using 1903? When using HWMonitor or CPU-Z, I noticed lower CPU frequencies on two separate PCs, on Windows 1903 vs 1803. See screenshots below, for the same PC (Intel 4670k clocked at 4.3 Ghz in Bios), taken on the same day. (I have...
  10. Built-in eye tracking support, ‘Eye Control,’ is coming to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Built-in eye tracking support, ‘Eye Control,’ is coming to Windows 10: AShNPfmAkvY Windows 10 will include built-in eye tracking support and an experience called Eye Control, inspired from the winning Microsoft hackathon project in 2014.Eye Control empowers people with disabilities to use a compatible eye tracker to operate an on-screen...