Windows 10: F disk disappeared

Discus and support F disk disappeared in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi , since there was a prb on inserting the cd and accessing it I used diskpart clean action on cmd local disk f has got deleted and I don't find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mahithashi, Feb 21, 2021.

1. F disk disappeared

Hi , since there was a prb on inserting the cd and accessing it I used diskpart clean action on cmd local disk f has got deleted and I don't find unallocated space for local disk f and I can see only disk 0 with capacity 1863.00 GB and CD-ROM as 0 MB...what do I do to restore my local disk f

:)

mahithashi, Feb 21, 2021

2. f drive

Hello Kathy,

Based on the information you have provided in your post; we need to do further investigation. To assist you better, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried using a third party software to manage the disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?

We suggest that you check for the drive in the Disk Management and look if it appears. Follow these steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc and then click OK.
    Look if the Drive F: appears and check if it is unallocated.

Looking forward to your update.

Marvin Barc, Feb 21, 2021
  3. F drive disappeared

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Check if the drive is listed in the Disk Management. Refer to the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + X, then select Disk Management.
    • See if the drive is listed and if there is a letter assigned to it.
    • Have you tried restarting your device and check if the drive is still missing?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 21, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

F disk disappeared

local disk f

This looks like the F: drive is the EFI partition having a size of 300MB. Open Admin Command (Win+X->Command Prompt (Admin)) and type:
    diskpart
    select disk 0
    list partition =====> take a note of the partition # having 300MB. My guess is partition 2
    select partition # =====> replace # with the number in step above
    remove =====> remove the drive letter
    exit

This should remove the drive letter and won't show up in "This PC"

P.S
    do not delete this partition, you won't be able to boot.

topgundcp, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

F disk disappeared

1. F disk disappeared - Similar Threads - disk disappeared

2. All of my files from Disk D suddenly disappeared this morning. They were there last night.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All of my files from Disk D suddenly disappeared this morning. They were there last night.: I was connecting my iCloud to my laptop, then I got a zoom meeting. When I tried to open some reading files which located in Drive D, I found all of my files disappeared as it has been formatted.I wonder if it’s related to iCloud that I connect before. Does anyone know how to...
  3. All of my files from Disk D suddenly disappeared this morning. They were there last night.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All of my files from Disk D suddenly disappeared this morning. They were there last night.: I was connecting my iCloud to my laptop, then I got a zoom meeting. When I tried to open some reading files which located in Drive D, I found all of my files disappeared as it has been formatted.I wonder if it’s related to iCloud that I connect before. Does anyone know how to...
  4. All of my files from Disk D suddenly disappeared this morning. They were there last night.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unexplained Disappearance of Disk Space After Game Updates: Seeking Assistance and Solutions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unexplained Disappearance of Disk Space After Game Updates: Seeking Assistance and Solutions: Hello,I am addressing an issue that occurred on my computer after updating several games. Today, a system notification suddenly appeared indicating a lack of space on the C drive, which surprised me. Typically, I maintain about 20 gigabytes of free space on this drive, so...
  6. Unexplained Disappearance of Disk Space After Game Updates: Seeking Assistance and Solutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexplained Disappearance of Disk Space After Game Updates: Seeking Assistance and Solutions: Hello,I am addressing an issue that occurred on my computer after updating several games. Today, a system notification suddenly appeared indicating a lack of space on the C drive, which surprised me. Typically, I maintain about 20 gigabytes of free space on this drive, so...
  7. Unexplained Disappearance of Disk Space After Game Updates: Seeking Assistance and Solutions

8. Challenge with "mysteriously disappearing NVME SSD unable to contain restored data to its disk"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Challenge with "mysteriously disappearing NVME SSD unable to contain restored data to its disk": For many weeks, an NVME onboard motherboard SSD as set to GPT and having data restored from the backup, have "seen" its data "disappear" from the NVME SSD. In 2411231 on the left, in this example, under Microsoft's Disk Management Service Program, the SSD is set to conversion...
  9. Challenge with "mysteriously disappearing NVME SSD unable to contain restored data to its disk"

Challenge with "mysteriously disappearing NVME SSD unable to contain restored data to its disk": For many weeks, an NVME onboard motherboard SSD as set to GPT and having data restored from the backup, have "seen" its data "disappear" from the NVME SSD. In 2411231 on the left, in this example, under Microsoft's Disk Management Service Program, the SSD is set to conversion...
  10. Why does my disk E disappear?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my disk E disappear?: After i downloaded an update for wacom my disk E disappeared and came back the next day. now it happened again without any updating and when i restared instead of having my disk back it said it was on desktop and it had a question mark. Might this be a virus?...