Windows 10: F: Drive does not appear on "Optimize Drives" program

Discus and support F: Drive does not appear on "Optimize Drives" program in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My external hard drive has a letter "F:" and it won't show up on the Windows 10 Defrag menu the "Optimize Drives" program. I'm not sure why. Do I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JNSStudios_YT, Jul 13, 2020.

1. F: Drive does not appear on "Optimize Drives" program

My external hard drive has a letter "F:" and it won't show up on the Windows 10 Defrag menu the "Optimize Drives" program. I'm not sure why. Do I have to change the drive letter to a certain one for it to show up? If so, what letters work with the program, and does changing the drive letter do anything bad to the drive? like reformatting or wiping it.

:)

JNSStudios_YT, Jul 13, 2020

2. f drive

Hello Kathy,

Based on the information you have provided in your post; we need to do further investigation. To assist you better, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried using a third party software to manage the disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?

We suggest that you check for the drive in the Disk Management and look if it appears. Follow these steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc and then click OK.
    Look if the Drive F: appears and check if it is unallocated.

Looking forward to your update.

Marvin Barc, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 missing F drive

Hi Judy,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

We regret for the inconvenience caused. Let us know some more details:

• Have you used any third part software to manage Disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?
    • Have you performed a Clean Install?
    I suggest you to check for the drive in Disk Management and see if it appears there. Follow the steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc, and then click OK.
    See if the drive F: appears and does it appear as unallocated?

Get back to us with the information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Jul 13, 2020
  4. DarylDFS Win User

F: Drive does not appear on "Optimize Drives" program

Windows 10 missing F drive

Followed all steps as directed. diskmgmt,msc does not list F: drive and none of the unallocated drives is large enough to be my F: (Samsung SM-G920V). Any brighter ideas?

DarylDFS, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

F: Drive does not appear on "Optimize Drives" program

1. F: Drive does not appear on "Optimize Drives" program - Similar Threads - Drive does appear

2. Random files appearing on my F drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random files appearing on my F drive: When i open a program for example Google Chrome a file named chrome.exe.png appeares on my F drive same for Discord, XboxApp and almost all programs does someone have a fix for this ?...
  3. F DRIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    F DRIVE: Why is my f drive showing up as a DVD Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f-drive/72e71a13-1f05-4388-8d5b-a42053f005a8
  4. F DRIVE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    F DRIVE: Why is my f drive showing up as a DVD Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f-drive/72e71a13-1f05-4388-8d5b-a42053f005a8
  5. F: drive

F: drive: Is the F: drive suppose to be on bluetooth? I am using an external harddrive on the F: drive I thought the F: drive was like the C: and D: drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f-drive/2d86d318-0167-4928-b386-3b2cbf025f34
  6. Drive f:

Drive f:: I can't find my drive f: to eject my flash drive. Where it is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-f/212e2e25-97fc-49f7-9ad9-ffc8fc1cf60e
  7. F drive

F drive: I have Windows 10 64 bit. I do not have a F drive. I have spent the whole day trying to solve problem. I am so frustrated I don't know what to do. I pay for Microsoft Office 365 yearly. I am not happy. Why do we have to do all the work? This should be taken care by...
  8. Drive F

Drive F: I own an HP Desktop. I have had it for many years. It is the standard HP hard drive which houses all my programs on the C drive. The D drive is if I want to delete everything and start fresh as though I just brought it home. The E drive is my DVD. I have a USB flash memory...
  9. F Drive

F Drive: Sorry guys I found I had a damaged card in the multi card device, there isn't a problem after all, Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f-drive/45004289-18ac-48b0-b9ef-78b55fb1bd4d
  10. What does Drive Optimization mean?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What does Drive Optimization mean?: I noticed under Drive Tools that both my drives are scheduled for Weekly Drive Optimization. I have a SSD, C:\, and a HDD, D:\. Defrag is not recommended for SSD's, but Drive Optimization isn't Defined. Does anybody know what Drive Optimization means in Win 10? 14616