Windows 10: F drive partition

Discus and support F drive partition in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was under the impression that the F drive partition is where the recovery info for Win 10 resided. I've tried to refresh and/or restore my system,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JayCopeland, Jan 25, 2020.

1. F drive partition

I was under the impression that the F drive partition is where the recovery info for Win 10 resided. I've tried to refresh and/or restore my system, but I keep getting the message that some files necessary to refresh or restore are missing. Also when I try to use a restore point my pc goes on for an extremely long period with the message restoring blah blah blah. By "long period" I mean an hour or more and I end up stopping the process because I can tell that nothing is really happening. All this worked when I first upgraded to Win 10 from Win7 several months ago...so what's up?

:)

JayCopeland, Jan 25, 2020

2. f drive

Hello Kathy,

Based on the information you have provided in your post; we need to do further investigation. To assist you better, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried using a third party software to manage the disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?

We suggest that you check for the drive in the Disk Management and look if it appears. Follow these steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc and then click OK.
    Look if the Drive F: appears and check if it is unallocated.

Looking forward to your update.

Marvin Barc, Jan 25, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jan 25, 2020
  4. F drive partition

Windows 10 missing F drive

Hi Judy,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

We regret for the inconvenience caused. Let us know some more details:

• Have you used any third part software to manage Disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?
    • Have you performed a Clean Install?
    I suggest you to check for the drive in Disk Management and see if it appears there. Follow the steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc, and then click OK.
    See if the drive F: appears and does it appear as unallocated?

Get back to us with the information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

F drive partition

1. F drive partition - Similar Threads - drive partition

2. My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition: My laptop went wonky and the D drive disappeared. Disk management shows it as a recovery partition and won't let me do anything with it right clicking only shows "help" and the actions menu only shows "refresh", "rescan", "create VHD", and "attach VHD". Virus scans are clear....
  3. My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition: My laptop went wonky and the D drive disappeared. Disk management shows it as a recovery partition and won't let me do anything with it right clicking only shows "help" and the actions menu only shows "refresh", "rescan", "create VHD", and "attach VHD". Virus scans are clear....
  4. USB hard drive shows up in device manager and partition manager but not file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB hard drive shows up in device manager and partition manager but not file explorer.: I have a 2tb USB hard drive which is full of data that I cannot access any more. The device does not show up in file explorer but I can see it in the disk format tool, there is no drive letter assigned to it. Right clicking on the main partition and trying to assign a drive...
  5. USB hard drive shows up in device manager and partition manager but not file explorer.

USB hard drive shows up in device manager and partition manager but not file explorer.: I have a 2tb USB hard drive which is full of data that I cannot access any more. The device does not show up in file explorer but I can see it in the disk format tool, there is no drive letter assigned to it. Right clicking on the main partition and trying to assign a drive...
  6. USB hard drive shows up in device manager and partition manager but not file explorer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. need to increase c drive space. EASUS partition master says I cannot. Confusing.,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    need to increase c drive space. EASUS partition master says I cannot. Confusing.,: My C drive is nearly full. My data D drive has lots of space. Seagate is external drive. I want to increase C drive space. I used Easus partition master but its one click step says "‘your disk {Disk 0} is almost full, so adjustment operation cannot be executed".I attach my...
  8. need to increase c drive space. EASUS partition master says I cannot. Confusing.,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need to increase c drive space. EASUS partition master says I cannot. Confusing.,: My C drive is nearly full. My data D drive has lots of space. Seagate is external drive. I want to increase C drive space. I used Easus partition master but its one click step says "‘your disk {Disk 0} is almost full, so adjustment operation cannot be executed".I attach my...
  9. need to increase c drive space. EASUS partition master says I cannot. Confusing.,

10. Which is the Best App for Cloning the Drive C: Macrium, Minitools Partition, Aoemei or EaseUS

Which is the Best App for Cloning the Drive C: Macrium, Minitools Partition, Aoemei or EaseUS: Hi Backup friends.I'd like to have another bootable drive C: on the ready but in your experience which is the best app for cloning the drive C:a. Macriumb. Minitools Partitionc. Aomeid. EaseUSc. Windows 11's built in mirroring/Raid 1 I heard it needs 2 backup disks, I don'...