Windows 10: F-ed up Mic :p

Discus and support F-ed up Mic :p in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So a couple weeks ago, i had a online lesson, and all of a sudden, the mic faded out and stopped working, so i decided to take my laptop to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/freddiemayforreal, Feb 28, 2021.

1. F-ed up Mic :p

So a couple weeks ago, i had a online lesson, and all of a sudden, the mic faded out and stopped working, so i decided to take my laptop to get repaired since there were also other issues.

a week or two when it was done being repaired, i was in ms teams meeting and they told me that i sounded like a robot. so i tried fixing it and i ended up uninstalling and reinstalling my sound drivers which fixed the problem.

that was about a month ago. today i streamed some sims and after the stream was done, i noticed that all through out i sounded like a buzzing robot (i had 0 viewers today, which is why no one told me lool). i dmed my friend and asked him if the sound is also buzzing-robot like and he said yes.
    is there some way to fix this once and for all? i rlly dont want to go through the process of uninstalling and reinstalling my sound drivers every bloody time it happens. thx!

ps: i tried 2 headphones and the built in mic F-ed up Mic :p :p

submitted by /u/freddiemayforreal
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/freddiemayforreal, Feb 28, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Feb 28, 2021
  3. f drive

Hello Kathy,

Based on the information you have provided in your post; we need to do further investigation. To assist you better, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried using a third party software to manage the disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?

We suggest that you check for the drive in the Disk Management and look if it appears. Follow these steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc and then click OK.
    Look if the Drive F: appears and check if it is unallocated.

Looking forward to your update.

Marvin Barc, Feb 28, 2021
  4. F-ed up Mic :p

Headset mic not working

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This might occur when some of the mic setting got corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Recording audio troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Recording Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

F-ed up Mic :p

1. F-ed up Mic :p - Similar Threads - Mic

2. Headset with mic not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset with mic not working: I have tried to use a headset with a mic and when I plug it in it doesn't read the mic and I've tried everything. I have a dell optiplex 7060 sff with i5-8500 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-with-mic-not-working/b1163060-1738-49ba-868e-fac2316ef001
  3. Headset with mic not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset with mic not working: I have tried to use a headset with a mic and when I plug it in it doesn't read the mic and I've tried everything. I have a dell optiplex 7060 sff with i5-8500 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-with-mic-not-working/b1163060-1738-49ba-868e-fac2316ef001
  4. How can I use the pc's mic, while hving headphhones without mic plugged in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I use the pc's mic, while hving headphhones without mic plugged in?: How can I use the pc's mic, while having headphones without mic plugged in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-use-the-pcs-mic-while-hving-headphhones/3b5eb7a0-0b86-480f-9f05-1dfd1a189603
  5. How can I use the pc's mic, while hving headphhones without mic plugged in?

How can I use the pc's mic, while hving headphhones without mic plugged in?: How can I use the pc's mic, while having headphones without mic plugged in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-use-the-pcs-mic-while-hving-headphhones/3b5eb7a0-0b86-480f-9f05-1dfd1a189603
  6. for some reason I cannot get the mic on my headset to work on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    for some reason I cannot get the mic on my headset to work on my computer.: hey. my mic doesnt work on my computer. it doesnt work on my laptop but works on my main pc so i assume its not a issue with my mic. I updated all my drivers and even deleted my michrophone driver and restarted it again. none if tgus wokred and i hope it can get fixed...
  7. for some reason I cannot get the mic on my headset to work on my computer.

for some reason I cannot get the mic on my headset to work on my computer.: hey. my mic doesnt work on my computer. it doesnt work on my laptop but works on my main pc so i assume its not a issue with my mic. I updated all my drivers and even deleted my michrophone driver and restarted it again. none if tgus wokred and i hope it can get fixed...
  8. why is my mic not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my mic not working?: today i was just having fun when i called my friends on discord after updating windows, and my detachable mic stopped working, idk what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-mic-not-working/7f9db8a5-1cd0-4ea3-aee7-e9613e792c6f
  9. why is my mic not working?

why is my mic not working?: today i was just having fun when i called my friends on discord after updating windows, and my detachable mic stopped working, idk what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-mic-not-working/7f9db8a5-1cd0-4ea3-aee7-e9613e792c6f
  10. My headphone mic only works when it is plugged directly into my pc and not my monitor

My headphone mic only works when it is plugged directly into my pc and not my monitor: My headset mic only works when i plug it directly into the pc and not into my monitor but theres static when i plug it into pc. Is there a solve? I want to plug it in my monitor and still have mic access...