Windows 10: f.txt - virus or not?

Discus and support f.txt - virus or not? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey, I was just using Microsoft Edge when I got a random, force download of f.txt. I did open it oops and it had a long js chain. After I immediately... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kalmia., Sep 22, 2020.

1. kalmia. Win User

f.txt - virus or not?

Hey, I was just using Microsoft Edge when I got a random, force download of f.txt. I did open it oops and it had a long js chain. After I immediately deleted it, deleted the browser, and ran a McAfee virus check though I only let it run to about halfway through. Afterwards I force crashed my computer so it would restore from an earlier point, and it’s been on the “attempting repairs” screen for like 20 minutes now. There’s a bunch of results for f.txt but mixed results on whether or not it’s malicious. Any advice/answers?

:)

kalmia., Sep 22, 2020

2. Win 10 slow down after upgrading F-Secure Anti-Virus

Hi Tarik,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to uninstall F-secure from "programs and features" and reinstall it again and check if it helps.

• Type programs and features in search and hit enter.
    • select the anti-virus from the list and click on uninstall.

In order to reinstall it again, download the F-secure from website and install it on your PC.

If doesn't help, I suggest you to uninstall F-secure permanently and use Windows defender to keep you system safe from malware and virus and check.

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 22, 2020
  3. f drive

Hello Kathy,

Based on the information you have provided in your post; we need to do further investigation. To assist you better, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried using a third party software to manage the disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?

We suggest that you check for the drive in the Disk Management and look if it appears. Follow these steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc and then click OK.
    Look if the Drive F: appears and check if it is unallocated.

Looking forward to your update.

Marvin Barc, Sep 22, 2020
  4. f.txt - virus or not?

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

No, that > bla.txt is the target file to write to. You could use a wildcard in the argument, ie c:\windows\*.txt which would list all dlls in c:\windows. But adding that to a simple right-click would be tricky.

Basically you would execute fancyfile.bat c:\windows\*.txt, fancyfile.bat would then write all .txt files to bla.txt.

DanTheBanjoman, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

f.txt - virus or not?

1. f.txt - virus or not? - Similar Threads - txt virus

2. How to Make Windows 10 Bat File to Bulk Rename Filenames in txt file

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Make Windows 10 Bat File to Bulk Rename Filenames in txt file: Hello, Just wondering if anyone can help me. I would like to create a bat file that will run in windows 10 that can duplicate one jpeg image file ( test.jpg. ) to a list of filenames ( one per line ) found in a text file ( test.txt ) This means if i had a list of 100 image...
  3. How do i copy only Folder & Subfolder Names into a .txt File and or Excel?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i copy only Folder & Subfolder Names into a .txt File and or Excel?: hi, i want to be able to copy the names of the Folders and Subfolders Only ! Not the names of the files in the folder. I can only find the shift right click and cmd dir /b option but that copies all file names as well as the folder names but i dont need the file names in the...
  4. Desktop .txt file or .rtf file displaying "directory name is invalid" error.

Desktop .txt file or .rtf file displaying "directory name is invalid" error.: For reference, I am using an MSI GS65 with i9-9750H, GTX 1660 Ti, 16 GB 2666 MHz RAM. I have not updated my Windows version recently, but I noticed that when I try to open a .txt file or a .rtf file from my DESKTOP meaning the place where all of my application windows are,...
  5. Debug Txt

Debug Txt: I've been getting a debug looking thing in my screen. [ATTACH] I clicked inside and it said: [1011/160605.247:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3 Can someone help me?...
  6. Debug file TXT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Debug file TXT: [1011/110901.130:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3 Every time I open a pdf file via Microsoft edge, I get this debug file. I tried deleting it but it comes up again when I open the pdf. When I am reading through...
  7. .txt file called "debug" is popping on desktop

.txt file called "debug" is popping on desktop: So I have a problem. A file popped in desktop called "debug". I throw it in the bin and empty it by after a boot it pops up again. Here's what it says: [0924/175923.743:ERROR:crash_report_database_win.cc469] failed to stat report...
  8. Debug. Txt desktop file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Debug. Txt desktop file: So, i was using my laptop yesterday and came upon a suspicious looking file on my desktop named “Debug.txt” I decided not to open it as I suspect it is a virus. I ran multiple Windows Defender scans and nothing showed up. I have not downloaded anything of late and therefore...
  9. Difference Spacing in txt file between win 7 and win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Difference Spacing in txt file between win 7 and win 10: Okay, I have problem with my notepad format for txt file. first I export my file from SAP program and save them to txt file. And then i opened them on Win 7, the file is seem right. But i tried opened on my laptop win 10 its gone wrong, there was spacing on the row. But i...
  10. Win10 Explorer Preview Pane not working, preview handler Windows TXT Previewer might be broken

Win10 Explorer Preview Pane not working, preview handler Windows TXT Previewer might be broken: Hey guys, My File Explorer will not the preview any .txt files in the preview pane. I also set up to open .md, .reg and .js files with notepad - they do open, but the preview is also broken, which leads me to believe the Windows TXT Previewer...