Windows 10: F1 and left Shift dysfunctional independent from used Keyboard

Discus and support F1 and left Shift dysfunctional independent from used Keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; F1 wont work at all. Left Shift Produces: AAaAAAaAAaAAAaAAaAAaaAaaAAaAAaaAAaAAaAAAaAAaAAaaAAaAAaA when LShift and A are pressed simultaniously. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AndreasBerger68, Mar 16, 2020.

1. F1 and left Shift dysfunctional independent from used Keyboard

F1 wont work at all.

Left Shift Produces: AAaAAAaAAaAAAaAAaAAaaAaaAAaAAaaAAaAAaAAAaAAaAAaaAAaAAaA when LShift and A are pressed simultaniously.

I tried three different Keyboards and all available USB-Ports.

I ran Bitdefender, Superantispyware and Windowsdefender to no avail.

Suggestions?

:)

AndreasBerger68, Mar 16, 2020
  2. saki630 Win User

Keyboard Left Shift Problem

I have an old 2006 Saitek Eclipse that is giving me problems.

My current problem has persisted for the past 2 weeks where randomly the left shift key will raise my volume when pressed.

Recently i bought a Razer Naga and I am wondering if this is interfering.

I bought a G110 and it works just fine so I am just wondering what is up with my left shift key.

As of writing this post, my left shift key works, but I will guarantee that after opening some applications and playing music my keyboard will bite me again.

saki630, Mar 16, 2020
  3. yogeshp1 Win User
    Keyboard Issues, LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + L/R ARROW doesn't work on travelmate P645-S windows10

Recently i am facing issues with my laptop. Key combinations doesn't work especially with SHIFT.

List of combinations (Not working) :

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + LEFT ARROW

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + RIGHT ARROW

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + UP ARROW

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + DOWN ARROW

RIGHT SHIFT + RIGHT CTRL + RIGHT ARROW

List of combinations (Working) :

RIGHT SHIFT + RIGHT CTRL + RIGHT ARROW

CTRL + C, CTRL + V, CTRL + X

Other than above 'working' combinations no other combination works with CTRL and SHIFT

Please let me know why this issue is occurring!

Is this a hardware issue/ software issue?

i have updated keyboard drivers, also uninstalled and restarted laptop & let drivers install automatically.

Also i have checked if laptop's keyboard is loose or anything... everything is fine on that side.

P.S.

Recently i have upgraded my 4+4 GB RAM to 4+8 GB RAM

this RAM is DDR3 and may not be original F1 and left Shift dysfunctional independent from used Keyboard :p

yogeshp1, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

F1 and left Shift dysfunctional independent from used Keyboard

Keyboard's left shift key not working

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have performed to try to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

1. Does all the other key in your keyboard work correctly?

2. What is the make and model of your keyboard?

3. Did you try using your keyboard in a different computer?

Follow the Methods below and check.

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

1. Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.

2. Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

4. Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

5. Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Method 2: Uninstall the keyboard drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: Press Windows logo + X key on the keyboard.

Step 2: Select Device Manager.

Step 3: Expand Keyboards.

Step 4: Click on the driver and click on Uninstall.

Reinstall the latest driver from manufacturer website.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Thanks

Pavan_N, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

F1 and left Shift dysfunctional independent from used Keyboard

1. F1 and left Shift dysfunctional independent from used Keyboard - Similar Threads - left Shift dysfunctional

2. Left Shift makes &*.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Shift makes &*.: the shift key makes those symbols which are shist symbols but dose them all at the same time and my enter key acts more like tab than an enter key and sometimes instead of entering it does delete plz help anyone....
  3. Left Shift makes &*.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left Shift makes &*.: the shift key makes those symbols which are shist symbols but dose them all at the same time and my enter key acts more like tab than an enter key and sometimes instead of entering it does delete plz help anyone....
  4. Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.: The left and right shift key works with all other letters and numbers besides A. I can use caps lock to get uppercase A. But, I would prefer to use my shift key on A rather than caps lock. I have tried using another keyboard but still have the same issue. I have updated...
  5. left shift not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    left shift not working: hey! my left shift is not working. I've tried to update drivers, turned sticky keys on and off, and reset my computer. Odd thing is when i reset it ly left shift works for around 1 minute then stops working. I need help! thanks!...
  6. setting up of the keyboard to use fn f1-f12

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting up of the keyboard to use fn f1-f12: i can't a way to set up the keyboard to fn f1-f12 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-of-the-keyboard-to-use-fn-f1-f12/c42364b6-0f28-45a8-bf9b-3b459cd58416
  7. Screen Left shift

Screen Left shift: My display has shifted left. need to correct https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-left-shift/e1a4dbfb-fe3f-492c-83db-d431e8c1bf41
  8. DISPLAY SHIFTS TO THE LEFT

DISPLAY SHIFTS TO THE LEFT: Whenever I restart the computer the display is shifted to the left, I can see it starting during the restart, the Dell logo is off center, to the left. I have to go into settings when it's back up then change the display resolution and then click revert to have where I want...
  9. Left shift not working

Left shift not working: So I was deleting some applications I no longer use to free up space on my laptop. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but not long after, I discovered that my left shift key isn't doing anything. I know there's one on the right, but I never use it (I did in this...
  10. screen shifted to the left

screen shifted to the left: My display is shifted to the left so that I cannot see all of the icons; the window icon at the lower left shows just a bit. When I click on it, I cannot see the shut down box. what can I do the shift the screen right?...