Windows 10: f1 Key Causing Windows to Sleep, Can't find Solution

Discus and support f1 Key Causing Windows to Sleep, Can't find Solution in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ever since I installed the latest update for windows 10 the f1 key on my keyboard has been putting windows to sleep. This is extremely frustrating as I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by heydeeohred, Jun 9, 2018.

1. f1 Key Causing Windows to Sleep, Can't find Solution

Ever since I installed the latest update for windows 10 the f1 key on my keyboard has been putting windows to sleep. This is extremely frustrating as I use the key often for music production software and gaming. I have scoured the internet looking for a solution and the closest thing I found was to navigate to the "advanced power settings" in the control panel and change the "sleep button action" to "do nothing". Unfortunately this disables the use of the f1 key entirely, so it is hardly a solution. I chatted with 3 different Microsoft techs and 2 of them said I needed to roll back windows to an earlier version while the 3rd wanted to take control of my computer remotely which I wasn't too keen on. If anyone knows a solution to this problem I will forever be in your debt as it has been driving me up the wall for a couple weeks now.

Windows 10 Version 1803 Build 17134.48

Thanks in advance.

:)

heydeeohred, Jun 9, 2018

2. Fn+CapsLock not working to change the F1-F12 keys on a Microsoft Nano Transceiver v2.0

Hi,

I cant make the F1-12 keys default on a Microsoft Nano Transceiver v2.0

The default is the previous (F1), play/pause (F2),next (F3), sleep (F4) and so forth.

Why would someone make it so is beyond my reason.

Although I found the same topic...:

Can I please change FN Function Key Default?

... the solution (Fn+CapsLock) doesn't seem to work (nothing happens).

Any suggestions? I would really like to have bought a usable keyboard.

Thanks in advance!

TeodorAtanasov, Jun 10, 2018
  3. Anyone know how to disable F1's thing?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

• Which game are you referring to?

The function keys can’t be disabled on Windows. I would suggest you to try and change the controller settings of the game and reassign the F1 Key to a different key.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jun 10, 2018
Thema:

f1 Key Causing Windows to Sleep, Can't find Solution

1. f1 Key Causing Windows to Sleep, Can't find Solution - Similar Threads - Key Causing Sleep

2. Can't find a solution to the 0x80072f8f -0x20000

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find a solution to the 0x80072f8f -0x20000: My PC can't upgrade to windows 10, what might be the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-a-solution-to-the-0x80072f8f-0x20000/dbae7047-79aa-4abc-a57d-d29e48c1d44d
  3. Can't find a solution to the 0x80072f8f -0x20000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find a solution to the 0x80072f8f -0x20000: My PC can't upgrade to windows 10, what might be the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-a-solution-to-the-0x80072f8f-0x20000/dbae7047-79aa-4abc-a57d-d29e48c1d44d
  4. Daily BSOD, can't seem to find the cause nor a solution

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Daily BSOD, can't seem to find the cause nor a solution: My PC specs: OS: Windows 10 Pro (10.0.19042 Build 19042) GPU: Gainward Ghost RTX 2060 Super CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max Power supply: Seasonic Gold 550W Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V, 16 GB (2x8 GB), 3200 MHz (Base speed was like 2133 or smth like that),...
  5. after a system crash F1 + FN keys no longer sleeps the system ...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    after a system crash F1 + FN keys no longer sleeps the system ...: After a system crash F1 + FN keys no longer sleeps the system; That would not be necessarily an issue as I have "sleep" together with shut down \ restart menu. But to be practictal I want F1 FN working again. Thank you for any help. ps .: my computer is a desktop ;...
  6. F1 key to F12 key is not working

F1 key to F12 key is not working: Good evening! May I know why is my F1 key to F12 key is not working? Thank you ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f1-key-to-f12-key-is-not-working/e5e086aa-c535-4f10-8cd6-d5fcb21afe50
  7. Disabling sleep key F1 while playing World of Warcraft?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disabling sleep key F1 while playing World of Warcraft?: I've disabled the sleep key from my power settings already and set it to do nothing. I've tested it and when I'm regularly using my computer using word or on chrome it works fine and does nothing. But whenever I'm playing a game like WoW it all of sudden starts working again....
  8. Graphical Errors Can't Find a Solution

Graphical Errors Can't Find a Solution: I've been having this error for more than a year now, it didn't phase me much at first as i thought it was just a minor bug, but it is getting worse. Some colors change with a static-like look, and i have no idea what i can do to resolve this. [IMG]...
  9. Fn key and F1-F12 keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fn key and F1-F12 keys: 1. Previous versions of Win 10 and Office 365 allowed me to make keyboard shortcuts eg F2 = â, F2+Shift = ä, F2+Ctrl = é ... and F3 = ê, F2=Shift = ë etc. Currently the F1 - F12 keys are useless except for the functions showed by symbols (Sleep, Airplane mode on/off, etc)...
  10. Random freeze up, can't find the cause and a solution

in Windows 10 Support
    Random freeze up, can't find the cause and a solution: Hello, I'm having some problems with my computer. Sometimes it freeze up and I can only hard reboot it, mouse and keyboard doesn't works(audio sometimes works and sometimes it stops). I had this problem with windows 7 too. This problem is very random and I had it for a long...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. F1 key sleeps windows