f1 Key Causing Windows to Sleep, Can't find Solution

Discus and support f1 Key Causing Windows to Sleep, Can't find Solution in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Ever since I installed the latest update for windows 10 the f1 key on my keyboard has been putting windows to sleep. This is extremely frustrating as I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by heydeeohred, Jun 9, 2018.

1. heydeeohred Win User

Ever since I installed the latest update for windows 10 the f1 key on my keyboard has been putting windows to sleep. This is extremely frustrating as I use the key often for music production software and gaming. I have scoured the internet looking for a solution and the closest thing I found was to navigate to the "advanced power settings" in the control panel and change the "sleep button action" to "do nothing". Unfortunately this disables the use of the f1 key entirely, so it is hardly a solution. I chatted with 3 different Microsoft techs and 2 of them said I needed to roll back windows to an earlier version while the 3rd wanted to take control of my computer remotely which I wasn't too keen on. If anyone knows a solution to this problem I will forever be in your debt as it has been driving me up the wall for a couple weeks now.

Windows 10 Version 1803 Build 17134.48

Thanks in advance.

:)

heydeeohred, Jun 9, 2018
  2. TeodorAtanasov Win User

Fn+CapsLock not working to change the F1-F12 keys on a Microsoft Nano Transceiver v2.0

Hi,

I cant make the F1-12 keys default on a Microsoft Nano Transceiver v2.0

The default is the previous (F1), play/pause (F2),next (F3), sleep (F4) and so forth.

Why would someone make it so is beyond my reason.

Although I found the same topic...:

Can I please change FN Function Key Default?

... the solution (Fn+CapsLock) doesn't seem to work (nothing happens).

Any suggestions? I would really like to have bought a usable keyboard.

Thanks in advance!

TeodorAtanasov, Jun 10, 2018
  3. Pawan Dhondiyal Win User
    Anyone know how to disable F1's thing?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

• Which game are you referring to?

The function keys can’t be disabled on Windows. I would suggest you to try and change the controller settings of the game and reassign the F1 Key to a different key.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jun 10, 2018
Thema:

f1 Key Causing Windows to Sleep, Can't find Solution

f1 Key Causing Windows to Sleep, Can't find Solution - Similar Threads - Key Causing Sleep

1. Microsoft Office 2010, Product Key in caps?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Office 2010, Product Key in caps?: The subject says it all. I could not finish installation of Microsoft Office 2010. I have the Product Key but don't know if the maximum number of uses has been met. The website that the installation sent me to for entering the product key said that upper or lower case was ok....
  2. Microsoft Office 2010, Does Product Key have to be in caps?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Office 2010, Does Product Key have to be in caps?: The subject says it all. I could not finish installation of Microsoft Office 2010. I have the Product Key but don't know if the maximum number of uses has been met. The website that the installation sent me to for entering the product key said that upper or lower case was ok....
  3. Windows application false key press / intermittent scrolling

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows application false key press / intermittent scrolling: So out of the blue last night my PC is acting as if the up arrow key is being spammed, so in windows 10 applications, such as right clicking on a program on the taskbar, opening the start menu, windows settings, it will continually scroll up. Here is an example of what I...
  4. Windows key or WinKey not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows key or WinKey not working on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Windows Key or the WinKey is one of the core keys in Windows which lets you do multiple tasks. Right from launching Start Menu to Win+Tab, Win+R, Win+S and many others. Many a time this causes a problem, and you [...] This post Windows key or WinKey not working on...
  5. Function keys not working on Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Function keys not working on Windows 10 laptop: [ATTACH] Function (Fn) keys – F1, F2, F3, etc, come in handy for those who are in dire need of shortcuts on their keyboards. Laptops are usually equipped with such keys but desktop keyboards, especially the gaming ones, are no stranger [...] This post Function keys not...
  6. .NET Framework Initialization Error - Please Set Registry Key

in Windows 10 Support
    .NET Framework Initialization Error - Please Set Registry Key: Hello, I have a program called NeuroProgrammer. I believe the following error could have started after a recent Windows update, but I'm not sure. When I try to open the program, I get the following error: Please set registry key...
  7. May 12th update caused taskbar and start key to stop working+ more

in Windows 10 Support
    May 12th update caused taskbar and start key to stop working+ more: Got an update on May 12th. The next day I boot things up, try and right click on an icon on my taskbar and nothing happens. I try clicking on start and using the keyboard shortcut, nothing happens. Right click on the desktop works fine until you try and access anything with...
f1 Key Causing Windows to Sleep, Can't find Solution solved