Windows 10: F11 is not working after update

Discus and support F11 is not working after update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After updating Google chrome and following a Windows update I cannot close the screen or exit the screen. It says to use f11 function but that only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by irisduffy, Aug 30, 2020.

1. irisduffy Win User

F11 is not working after update

After updating Google chrome and following a Windows update I cannot close the screen or exit the screen. It says to use f11 function but that only reduces the screen for less than a second. I cannot keep shutting the laptop down every time I want to use it. Can anyone help?

:)

irisduffy, Aug 30, 2020

2. F11 does not work

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the F11 key not working as it should be. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Did you try F11 along with FN key on the keyboard?
    • Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • Are you trying to use F11 for full screen function or any other function?

However, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

Uninstall and Reinstall the drivers.

1. Press Windows + X, select
      Device Manager
    2. Expand Keyboard device.
    3. Right click on all the listed devices, then select
      Uninstall device.
    4. Check the box beside Delete the driver software for this device.
    5. Click Ok and restart the PC.
    6. Then check you still have the issue.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 30, 2020
  3. F11 recovery screen

After some windows updates and a failed update, Computer starts in F11 recovery.

I didn't do this!

Any suggestions, I have been able only once to get back into windows, but now bit just keeps loading at start up with F11 recovery.

I have tried to run trouble shooter but unable to fix

JulieStone1, Aug 30, 2020
  4. F11 is not working after update

brightnes F11 F12 isn't working

Hi,

I would suggest you to please once look following steps. i hope you will find solution of your issue.

Are you pressing only F11 / F12 OR are you also pressing the ''Fn'' key?

-If you are not pressing "Fn" key, then that may be what you need to do.

-If you are already pressing the "Fn" key also, then maybe you have the "Fn" (Function) key disabled.

-To enable it, press Fn + Esc

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Engr. Malik Yasir

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

F11 is not working after update

1. F11 is not working after update - Similar Threads - F11 working update

2. Fn + F11 not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fn + F11 not working: I was having problems with my top keys and later found out it was fn for my PC. It did work, all except from print screen, which is what I need it for. Could I have some help?...
  3. Fn + F11 not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fn + F11 not working: I was having problems with my top keys and later found out it was fn for my PC. It did work, all except from print screen, which is what I need it for. Could I have some help?...
  4. Fn + F11 not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. F11 does not work even after fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    F11 does not work even after fix: Hi!My F11-button isn't working, tried several applications including Chrome and Edge.I found an answer before about this and followed it.Go into the device manager and uninstall the keyboard and restart the PC. I did it and it worked... For like five presses of the...
  6. F11 does not work even after fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    F11 does not work even after fix: Hi!My F11-button isn't working, tried several applications including Chrome and Edge.I found an answer before about this and followed it.Go into the device manager and uninstall the keyboard and restart the PC. I did it and it worked... For like five presses of the...
  7. F11 does not work even after fix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. After last security update on v. 1903, F11 doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After last security update on v. 1903, F11 doesn't work anymore: It's not my browser. It does something similar on FF and Chrome. On FF, it closes the menu bar and bookmarks toolbar, but not the tabs or address bar. In Chrome, it closes everything but the bookmarks bar. I've done safe mode in both, and it still does the same thing. Please...
  9. F11 does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    F11 does not work: So when I press F11 nothing happens I have been trying to fix it but I cant not matter in what program im in it does not matter F11 does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f11-does-not-work/b5319030-5006-4a7e-b2da-e3ed58f45f7d
  10. F11 does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    F11 does not work: So when I press F11 nothing happens I have been trying to fix it but I cant not matter in what program im in it does not matter F11 does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f11-does-not-work/b5319030-5006-4a7e-b2da-e3ed58f45f7d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hitting F11 no longer works after windows update