Windows 10: F11 key

Discus and support F11 key in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; F11 key supposed to turn speakers on/off; now toggles full screen on/off. Driver ok, troubleshooter doesn't find anything. Happened about the time of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 4215, Sep 3, 2020.

1. 4215 Win User

F11 key

F11 key supposed to turn speakers on/off; now toggles full screen on/off. Driver ok, troubleshooter doesn't find anything. Happened about the time of Windows 10 and Edge updates.

:)

4215, Sep 3, 2020

2. F11 does not work

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the F11 key not working as it should be. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Did you try F11 along with FN key on the keyboard?
    • Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • Are you trying to use F11 for full screen function or any other function?

However, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

Uninstall and Reinstall the drivers.

1. Press Windows + X, select
      Device Manager
    2. Expand Keyboard device.
    3. Right click on all the listed devices, then select
      Uninstall device.
    4. Check the box beside Delete the driver software for this device.
    5. Click Ok and restart the PC.
    6. Then check you still have the issue.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 3, 2020
  3. brightnes F11 F12 isn't working

Hi,

I would suggest you to please once look following steps. i hope you will find solution of your issue.

Are you pressing only F11 / F12 OR are you also pressing the ''Fn'' key?

-If you are not pressing "Fn" key, then that may be what you need to do.

-If you are already pressing the "Fn" key also, then maybe you have the "Fn" (Function) key disabled.

-To enable it, press Fn + Esc

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Engr. Malik Yasir

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Sep 3, 2020
  4. F11 key

Problem with F11 key while playing game on Windows 10

Hello Zachary,

We realize the inconvenience you have experienced. Let us know few things to analyze the issue.

• Is this issue specific to particular game?
    • When you say F11 mode, are you talking about full screen mode?
    • Is that game compatible with Windows 10 platform?
    • How about using Windows logo key + D or Alt key + Tab
      for switching or minimizing the game?
    Give us these details to assist you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

F11 key

1. F11 key - Similar Threads - F11 key

2. Why is my F11 key randomly activating when I open new tabs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my F11 key randomly activating when I open new tabs?: I am on a school laptop, and I have been having an issue that 1 out of 4 times I open a new tab on google chrome, F11 activates, and clicking F11, or anything else, won't work, F11 will just activate again. I have to do Alt+F4 to close it, which has made me have to close tabs...
  3. Why is my F11 key randomly activating when I open new tabs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my F11 key randomly activating when I open new tabs?: I am on a school laptop, and I have been having an issue that 1 out of 4 times I open a new tab on google chrome, F11 activates, and clicking F11, or anything else, won't work, F11 will just activate again. I have to do Alt+F4 to close it, which has made me have to close tabs...
  4. My Esc, F4 and F11 keys are not working

My Esc, F4 and F11 keys are not working: from some days my Esc, F4 and F11 keys are not working. What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-esc-f4-and-f11-keys-are-not-working/f4f09b2d-2dfb-4a5a-aee9-2cef9aa0ae91
  5. My Esc, F4 and F11 keys are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Esc, F4 and F11 keys are not working: from some days my Esc, F4 and F11 keys are not working. What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-esc-f4-and-f11-keys-are-not-working/f4f09b2d-2dfb-4a5a-aee9-2cef9aa0ae91
  6. Since the last update, I cannot use my PIN in hello and have to boot using F11 key tap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since the last update, I cannot use my PIN in hello and have to boot using F11 key tap: How do i fix this without losing my data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-the-last-update-i-cannot-use-my-pin-in-hello/666bc2c2-d979-4522-bad7-5b23377353de
  7. Since the last update, I cannot use my PIN in hello and have to boot using F11 key tap

Since the last update, I cannot use my PIN in hello and have to boot using F11 key tap: How do i fix this without losing my data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-the-last-update-i-cannot-use-my-pin-in-hello/666bc2c2-d979-4522-bad7-5b23377353de
  8. Since the last update, I cannot use my PIN in hello and have to boot using F11 key tap

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. F11 key keep changing screen mode to full screen or windowed

F11 key keep changing screen mode to full screen or windowed: Hey please is there a way i can stop F 11 key from switching screen mode full screen or windowed problem in windows 11. I don’t want to disable key completely only the switching screen mode thing and thanks . Because i bought a new mouse it has special thing i can change the...
  10. F11 key keep changing screen mode to full screen or windowed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    F11 key keep changing screen mode to full screen or windowed: Hey please is there a way i can stop F 11 key from switching screen mode full screen or windowed problem in windows 11. I don’t want to disable key completely only the switching screen mode thing and thanks . Because i bought a new mouse it has special thing i can change the...