Windows 10: F11 suddenly stopped working in all browsers

Discus and support F11 suddenly stopped working in all browsers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm on Windows 10 v 1903. It was working perfectly until the last security update, now the F11 key will not work properly in Firefox or Chrome. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by da2591, Jan 20, 2021.

1. da2591 Win User

F11 suddenly stopped working in all browsers

I'm on Windows 10 v 1903. It was working perfectly until the last security update, now the F11 key will not work properly in Firefox or Chrome. In Firefox, it closes the menu gar and address bar, but leaves the tabs and bookmarks toolbar open. In Chrome, it closes the address bar and leaves open only the bookmarks bar.

The only thing I've done is that my mouse broke, so I've been using the touchpad, which went completely crazy and was almost unusable. The F11 was working fine until then. I went into settings and made sure touchguard was on and unchecked some of the gestures.

Please help. I'm on a laptop with accessibility features like larger text and I need F11 at times to be able to fill out popup and dropdown forms that won't show completely on my 16:9 screen.

TIA

:)

da2591, Jan 20, 2021

2. F11 does not work

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the F11 key not working as it should be. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Did you try F11 along with FN key on the keyboard?
    • Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • Are you trying to use F11 for full screen function or any other function?

However, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

Uninstall and Reinstall the drivers.

1. Press Windows + X, select
      Device Manager
    2. Expand Keyboard device.
    3. Right click on all the listed devices, then select
      Uninstall device.
    4. Check the box beside Delete the driver software for this device.
    5. Click Ok and restart the PC.
    6. Then check you still have the issue.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows 10 "Left Alt + Shift" language input switch suddenly stop working. It used to work before.

Hi Jida,

There are a few reasons why "Left Alt + Shift" is suddenly stopped working on your computer. Since you mentioned that you already tried some troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you create a
    Test Profile. From there, check if the issue occurs.

To create a user profile, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings. Click Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select the Add someone else to this PC tab.
    • Name the user as Test.
    • Leave the password field blank.
    • Hit Next.
    • Sign in as Test user.
    Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Jan 20, 2021
  4. F11 suddenly stopped working in all browsers

PrtScn Suddenly Stopped Working

I've had my Surface 2 for two years. To save a screenshot all I ever had to do was press the PrtScn button. Suddenly, today, it's stopped working. A quick Google shows people suggesting that I use the Windows button in conjunction with the PrtScn button,
    that works... but doesn't solve the issue really. Why has a process that's worked flawlessly for two years suddenly stop working?

Dingledoodie, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

F11 suddenly stopped working in all browsers

1. F11 suddenly stopped working in all browsers - Similar Threads - F11 suddenly stopped

2. WIFI stopped working all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WIFI stopped working all of a sudden: My laptop is not connecting to wifi, and networks aren't shown all of a sudden todayTrouble shoot message:Problems found "'IntelR Wireless -AC 9560 adapter is experiencing driver-or hardware related problems"When i try to update the driver via Device Manager it shows "The...
  3. WIFI stopped working all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI stopped working all of a sudden: My laptop is not connecting to wifi, and networks aren't shown all of a sudden todayTrouble shoot message:Problems found "'IntelR Wireless -AC 9560 adapter is experiencing driver-or hardware related problems"When i try to update the driver via Device Manager it shows "The...
  4. WIFI stopped working all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard stops working on all browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard stops working on all browsers: I am running Windows 11 and had a bluetooth/2.4 Ghz wireless keyboard. It would work when typing in Windows Word, search bar, etc., but when I went into a browser it stopped typing. I mainly use Chrome, but tried Edge and no luck there either. I disabled bluetooth and tried...
  6. Keyboard stops working on all browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard stops working on all browsers: I am running Windows 11 and had a bluetooth/2.4 Ghz wireless keyboard. It would work when typing in Windows Word, search bar, etc., but when I went into a browser it stopped typing. I mainly use Chrome, but tried Edge and no luck there either. I disabled bluetooth and tried...
  7. All browsers suddenly stopped auto login

in Browsers and Email
    All browsers suddenly stopped auto login: Hi all. Over the last few days every single browser that I use has suddenly stopped auto login to all relevant sites. I usually only use Firefox but when this started I tried Chrome and Edge. The problem is the same on all of them so I don't believe this is a browser problem...
  8. PRINTER STOPPED WORKING, ALL OF A SUDDEN

PRINTER STOPPED WORKING, ALL OF A SUDDEN: My Printer is not working on Windows 10. I did everything from troubleshooting to unplugging the Printer, uninstall the Printer, then reinstalled it, nothing seems to work. I never had a problem with my Printer before...it just stopped working. Any suggestions on what I...
  9. all of my ports stopped working all of the sudden.

all of my ports stopped working all of the sudden.: hello all. so basically my ports stopped working i only have 3 ports on the back that they are still working but all of the remaining ports stopped even the front ones and the type C ports. and its kinda weird because i think they give small power if i plug a hard drive...
  10. Headphones stopped working all of a sudden at work

Headphones stopped working all of a sudden at work: I had an issue where my headphones suddenly stopped working, and while troubleshooting went through all the possible online solutions: making sure drivers were updated, sound was on and off mute, checked the sound setting for correct default etc., all to no avail. I found an...