Windows 10: F3 and F4 keys not working on a keyboard plugged in a laptop.

Discus and support F3 and F4 keys not working on a keyboard plugged in a laptop. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, can anyone help me? my F3 and F4 keys on my keyboard aren't working for some reason. any recommendations on how to fix it? the keyboard is plugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MRVasja, Jan 10, 2021.

1. MRVasja Win User

F3 and F4 keys not working on a keyboard plugged in a laptop.

Hey, can anyone help me? my F3 and F4 keys on my keyboard aren't working for some reason. any recommendations on how to fix it? the keyboard is plugged in my laptop, the F3 and F4 keys work on my laptop.

:)

MRVasja, Jan 10, 2021
  2. Namo06 Win User

Some fn+fkey (f3,f4, etc.) don't work

Hello. Ever since I changed to Windows 10, I lost the ability to use some fn shortcuts. I can no longer use fn+f3, f4, f9 and I also can't use the NVidia key, nor the Steam key. I have an Asus ROG G751jy gaming laptop.

fn+f3 = dim keyboard backlight

fn+f4 = brighten keyboard backlight

fn+f9 = toggle touchpad

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers]

Namo06, Jan 10, 2021
  3. MY f1,f2,f3,f4 etc keys are not working

I was playing one night, i hit my keyboard not hard but i hit it.... Now the f1,f2,f3,f4 etc keys are not working

I need them for my hotkeys etc

Please help

My graphics card

Nvidia 1070ti

ASROCK motherboard

intel core i5-7600k

16gb DDR4 RAM

If any of them help

Lochy Adams, Jan 10, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

F3 And F4 Not Working On Windows 10 Laptop

Hi Alpachiefbeef,

The lights are not dead, this is more than likely a Windows issue . . .

Please try Fn + F3 and Fn + F4

If that does not work for you, what is the Make and exact Model No. of your system - that will be printed on a sticker on the bottom casing . ..

DaveM121, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

1. F3 and F4 keys not working on a keyboard plugged in a laptop. - Similar Threads - keys working keyboard

2. Function key F2 F3 F4 are not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Function key F2 F3 F4 are not working: My keyboard had fallen on the floor a few days ago, and since then my f2 f3 f4 are not working.Specifically, my f3 is working as searching instead of volume up. So I think my keyboard is not broken.Please help, it struggles me for a while....
  3. Function key F2 F3 F4 are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function key F2 F3 F4 are not working: My keyboard had fallen on the floor a few days ago, and since then my f2 f3 f4 are not working.Specifically, my f3 is working as searching instead of volume up. So I think my keyboard is not broken.Please help, it struggles me for a while....
  4. Function key F2 F3 F4 are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. F4 key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    F4 key not working: So basically i boot up my laptop and the f4 key does not work,i cant use alt f4 nor i can use fn-f4 but im able to use alt-fn-f4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f4-key-not-working/4ffa01b3-5dc6-471f-bb67-0b3c3725c5bf
  6. F4 key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    F4 key not working: So basically i boot up my laptop and the f4 key does not work,i cant use alt f4 nor i can use fn-f4 but im able to use alt-fn-f4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f4-key-not-working/4ffa01b3-5dc6-471f-bb67-0b3c3725c5bf
  7. F4 key not working

8. MY f1,f2,f3,f4 etc keys are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MY f1,f2,f3,f4 etc keys are not working: I was playing one night, i hit my keyboard not hard but i hit it.... Now the f1,f2,f3,f4 etc keys are not working I need them for my hotkeys etc Please help My graphics card Nvidia 1070ti ASROCK motherboard intel core i5-7600k 16gb DDR4 RAM If any of them help...
  9. F3 And F4 Not Working On Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    F3 And F4 Not Working On Windows 10 Laptop: So, my Function 3 and Function 4 keys aren't working , which are meant to light up the keyboard on the laptop , but for some reason I cannot get them to work. The lights last worked like 3 weeks ago and I don't think the lights are dead! Anyone had the same problem? I...
  10. F4 Key Not Working

F4 Key Not Working: I have a user in win10, the F4 key will not turn off and will not let me use it. How can I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/f4-key-not-working/5c702d40-edbd-4832-b76a-eb7bfd9b35c8