Windows 10: F4 Key functionality is not the same

Discus and support F4 Key functionality is not the same in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Our business has just upgraded to Windows10. Previously, I would be able to delete a row from a table in word, then select the next row i wanted to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mrs. Admin, May 11, 2020.

1. F4 Key functionality is not the same

Our business has just upgraded to Windows10. Previously, I would be able to delete a row from a table in word, then select the next row i wanted to delete and press F4 to repeat the action, then do this again and again until I completed a different action. Now the F4 action will only work once, not continuously.

:)

Mrs. Admin, May 11, 2020

2. F4 key

What is the function of the f4 key, on older computers this key was used in Excel. On my new computer this key does not work in Excel

JohnTownsend3, May 11, 2020
  3. MikeBuzga Win User
    Ctrl F4 & Alt F4 not functioning as Volume keys in Surface Pro 4, Windows 10

My Ctrl F4 & Alt F4 key aren't working. It appears the Ctrl and Alt Keys are not changing the function of the F4 & F5 (Volume on/off). How do I reset or turn the Ctrl and Alt functions back on?

Working on A Surface Pro 4, Win 10

MikeBuzga, May 11, 2020
  4. F4 Key functionality is not the same

alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, May 11, 2020
Thema:

F4 Key functionality is not the same

1. F4 Key functionality is not the same - Similar Threads - Key functionality same

2. Alt+F4 function happens by only pressing F4

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt+F4 function happens by only pressing F4: I'm currently on windows 10 and whenever i press f4 it closes down the program i'm using. i don't think my alt key is stuck because it functions normally otherwise. i think it has something to do with my system or my settings but i don't know where to start. also i'm not sure...
  3. Alt+F4 function happens by only pressing F4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+F4 function happens by only pressing F4: I'm currently on windows 10 and whenever i press f4 it closes down the program i'm using. i don't think my alt key is stuck because it functions normally otherwise. i think it has something to do with my system or my settings but i don't know where to start. also i'm not sure...
  4. Alt+F4 function happens by only pressing F4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Function key F2 F3 F4 are not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Function key F2 F3 F4 are not working: My keyboard had fallen on the floor a few days ago, and since then my f2 f3 f4 are not working.Specifically, my f3 is working as searching instead of volume up. So I think my keyboard is not broken.Please help, it struggles me for a while....
  6. Function key F2 F3 F4 are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function key F2 F3 F4 are not working: My keyboard had fallen on the floor a few days ago, and since then my f2 f3 f4 are not working.Specifically, my f3 is working as searching instead of volume up. So I think my keyboard is not broken.Please help, it struggles me for a while....
  7. Function key F2 F3 F4 are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. F4 key not working

F4 key not working: So basically i boot up my laptop and the f4 key does not work,i cant use alt f4 nor i can use fn-f4 but im able to use alt-fn-f4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f4-key-not-working/4ffa01b3-5dc6-471f-bb67-0b3c3725c5bf
  9. My Fn+F8 function key is not working, the same goes for my microphone key which is Fn+F4.

My Fn+F8 function key is not working, the same goes for my microphone key which is Fn+F4.: I use them regularly during my classes, suddenly I can't use them please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-fnf8-function-key-is-not-working-the-same-goes/e259998d-3846-4eaa-a071-f8bf64bbec46
  10. F4 key

F4 key: What is the function of the f4 key, on older computers this key was used in Excel. On my new computer this key does not work in Excel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/f4-key/dcbbb8a0-ffd3-4227-8981-153570194751