Windows 10: F4 mic muting button isn't working when I wanted to mute my mic...nothing is showing up...

Discus and support F4 mic muting button isn't working when I wanted to mute my mic...nothing is showing up... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever I want to mute my mic, I'll simply press the mic button f4 key on my laptop's keyboard, and it'll show me a display/pop-up icon if my mic is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ShamilAzmi, Jan 16, 2022.

1. F4 mic muting button isn't working when I wanted to mute my mic...nothing is showing up...

Whenever I want to mute my mic, I'll simply press the mic button f4 key on my laptop's keyboard, and it'll show me a display/pop-up icon if my mic is muted/unmuted, but now it doesn't. I've tested on every app like Discord, GoogleMeet, Voice Recorder, etc and it doesn't work...how do I fix it?

:)

ShamilAzmi, Jan 16, 2022
  2. WBT
    WBT Win User

Is there an easy way to tell if my mic is really muted?

I have a Dell computer running Windows 10, which I often use for Skype and other teleconference collaboration. Sometimes, these are large calls and it's very important for participants to mute ourselves when not speaking, or else background noise can overwhelm the main speaker. In some cases, external events can produce embarrassing moments for someone who's unintentionally failed to mute.

My computer has a keyboard with a Fn button for mute (Fn+F4), and that F4 button has a small LED indicator light (like the one on Caps Lock) which theoretically indicates when the mic is muted.

Usually, if that light is on, I am on mute and applications should not be able to listen in on what's happening in my environment. Skype says "your mic is muted from your desktop" and things function as intended.

However, on a recent call, the mute light was on but everybody could still hear me speaking just fine, and activating/deactivating the mute function using the Fn key did not seem to correlate as it should to actually being on mute.

Is there an easy way to see with greater confidence whether or not my mic is on mute from a system perspective, for example via an icon in the system tray? There's one there showing me if my speakers are muted. (Or, is there a way to make that keyboard mute indicator light more reliable?) This is independent of any mute controls specifically within an application or browser window, and should visualize the system-wide mute control.

This question refers to microphones built into the computer; I have no peripheral mics or peripheral webcams/other microphone-containing devices plugged in.

3. BOG
    bog Win User
    Logitech G533 mic not working HELP!!! (Mic is not muted)

I just had the same problem. For mine the microphone wire was damaged internally.
    My symptoms were the headset working as usual, except no input from the microphone, but the mute unmute switch was still working and giving an audible tone.
    I opened it up and saw there was a spot where the wire for the mic is glued at a 90 degree angle to the side of the case where the mic pivots, this is where it was broken for me.
    hope this helps *Wink

4. Deneasha Win User

F4 mic muting button isn't working when I wanted to mute my mic...nothing is showing up...

Windows 10 Muting Mic

Ever since the update 3 weeks ago for some odd reason windows 10 keeps muting my mic... I have followed steps to fix the problem.. I also took it in to have drivers updated etc have a tune up and they couldnt get it to stop muting... Need help

Deneasha, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

F4 mic muting button isn't working when I wanted to mute my mic...nothing is showing up...

1. F4 mic muting button isn't working when I wanted to mute my mic...nothing is showing up... - Similar Threads - mic muting button

2. F4 mic muting button isn't working when I wanted to mute my mic...nothing is showing up...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    F4 mic muting button isn't working when I wanted to mute my mic...nothing is showing up...: Whenever I want to mute my mic, I'll simply press the mic button f4 key on my laptop's keyboard, and it'll show me a display/pop-up icon if my mic is muted/unmuted, but now it doesn't. I've tested on every app like Discord, GoogleMeet, Voice Recorder, etc and it doesn't...
  3. Keyboard mute mic button not unmuting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard mute mic button not unmuting: So I have a laptop and have had the same one for a while but just today for some reason the mute mic button next to the sound up button hasn't been working right. if it is working right, the light on the button is on if the mic is muted and off if the mic is on, but when I...
  4. Keyboard mute mic button not unmuting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard mute mic button not unmuting: So I have a laptop and have had the same one for a while but just today for some reason the mute mic button next to the sound up button hasn't been working right. if it is working right, the light on the button is on if the mic is muted and off if the mic is on, but when I...
  5. Keyboard mute mic button not unmuting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Mic is self muting

Mic is self muting: Hello, my microphone is self muting in control panel after a some time of inactivity https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-is-self-muting/10358e04-1681-413e-962a-308122d828f8
  7. My Mic won’t mute

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Mic won’t mute: My headset has a button on the side that I have been using to mute myself during discord calls and such but for the past two days it hasn’t been working. I tried a different headset to see if there was a problem with the headset but I am still having the same issues how can I...
  8. Mic muted by the system

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic muted by the system: I have been having issues with my mic. When I go to unmute, it will say "Mic muted by your systems settings". I have have tried many things, included allowing mic, resetting bits of my system. And suport, which led me here after that system could not fix it either. Please...
  9. Mic becoming mute

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mic becoming mute: In Zoom meeting, my Mic becomes mute while one of attendees is speaking. I am using Logitech C922 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-becoming-mute/2c3ba621-7a7f-415c-b440-38688a0932e3
  10. Windows Mutes Mic

Windows Mutes Mic: I FIXED it!! It is in Windows 10 speech recognition settings. It needs to be set to your audio device. Mine is an Asus Xonar. Path. Control Panel\Ease of Access\Speech Recognition. At the bottom is Advanced. Than you will see Audio Input Devices. Use this. Select. Done....