Windows 10: F5, F6, F7, F8, 2, W, S, X keys not working!

Discus and support F5, F6, F7, F8, 2, W, S, X keys not working! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good evening! As stated in the title, my 2, w, s, x keys as well as the F5 to F8 are not working at all. I am using a HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by xMophy, Jul 15, 2019.

1. xMophy Win User

F5, F6, F7, F8, 2, W, S, X keys not working!

Good evening!

As stated in the title, my 2, w, s, x keys as well as the F5 to F8 are not working at all. I am using a HP Pavillion 15-N003SQ that I've been having for 5 or 6 years (a long time I know) as well as having Windows 10 Pro. I had no problems whatsoever when it came to keyboard until now, but the keys mentioned stopped working out of a sudden then work a bit more, then stopped working again and so on, until they never worked again, and so I figured the keyboard must be old or have some issues hence I got a new keyboard, but to my surprise, even with the brand new keyboard, the keys are still not functioning at all. Now I did not notice yet something bad or weird about the motherboard and I am hoping it's just a bad config. situation, or something that I can fix without literally replacing my motherboard.

I am opened to any type of suggestions!

Thank you!

:)

xMophy, Jul 15, 2019
  2. dolphin Win User

f6, f7 and f8 sound control keys are not working on Windows 10 after latest update.

f6, f7 and f8 sound control keys were working fine until the last update

dolphin, Jul 15, 2019
  3. f6, f7 and f8 sound control keys are not working on Windows 10.

Original Title: Sound Button Problems

The Buttons f6, f7, f8 are all volume controls and recently they have stopped working.

JordanVillarreal, Jul 15, 2019
  4. F5, F6, F7, F8, 2, W, S, X keys not working!

F6 F7 F8 not working when Device Manager window not focused F5, F6, F7, F8, 2, W, S, X keys not working! o_O

Hi,

Let's use Likhitha V's answer from this
    keys not working.

Update us with the results.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

F5, F6, F7, F8, 2, W, S, X keys not working!

1. F5, F6, F7, F8, 2, W, S, X keys not working! - Similar Threads - keys working

2. Updating Favorite Key to Macro Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updating Favorite Key to Macro Not Working: Hi everyone, I am running into an issue where, after updating "My Favorites Key 1" to a macro in Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center, pressing the key results in it performing the default action of opening an item on the taskbar instead of running the macro. From what I...
  3. MMKC - Updating Favorite Key to Macro Not Working

MMKC - Updating Favorite Key to Macro Not Working: Hi everyone, I am running into an issue where, after updating "My Favorites Key 1" to a macro in Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center, pressing the key results in it performing the default action of opening an item on the taskbar instead of running the macro. From what I...
  4. Windows key + Space bar combination not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows key + Space bar combination not working on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you have multiple keyboard layouts, you can usually switch the keyboard layout using […] This article Windows key + Space bar combination not working on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Product key for Windows 10 home not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product key for Windows 10 home not working: Hi, I got Windows 10 Home as a gift for Christmas. The product is genuine. I do not recall windows asking me to enter a product key when I first install it. When the installation was completed, I went to activate windows in the settings and when I entered the product key, I...
  6. Number keys on keyboard are not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Number keys on keyboard are not working.: All the number keys my laptop keyboard stopped working except for the 5 and 6 keys. I can not find a solution to this problem. Can someone please help me?...
  7. "The product key you entered didn't work"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "The product key you entered didn't work": Hello, I just bought Windows 10 on the Microsoft website for $139 and got a product key. When I go into settings and enter the product key, I get a message saying the product key didn't work. Why doesn't it work? Thank you....
  8. Blue Screen of Death and JKL keys on keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue Screen of Death and JKL keys on keyboard not working: I have an issue with my computer. It is currently on Blue screen and I am unable to do recovery as the keys on keyboard JKL is not workingessential as the keys contains letters for my password. Please need your help....
  9. CAPS LOCK AND RIGHT SHIFT KEY NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CAPS LOCK AND RIGHT SHIFT KEY NOT WORKING: Since day before yesterday, my left shift key and caps lock key are not working. Theright shift key and the On-Screen Keyboard works but that is not helpful as now I cannot type fast. I know that there aremany similar topics on the internet but they are of no help to me. I am...
  10. Random keys stop working on laptop keyboard

Random keys stop working on laptop keyboard: Hello all I am at my wits end with an issue on my Dell XPS 13 7390 2 in 1 running Windows 10 Home 20H2. From time to time the { key/symbol stops working. Unfortunately I notice this very quickly as I do a lot of programming and the curly bracket symbol is a very common...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. f6 f7 f8 sound control not working windows 10