Windows 10: F5 key suddenly not working

Discus and support F5 key suddenly not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So.. I got a curios problem. My F5 key doesn't work any more. Or does it? I have a Logitech G910 Keyboard. When hitting the key alone. Nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexHuebi, Feb 15, 2019.

1. AlexHuebi Win User

F5 key suddenly not working

So.. I got a curios problem.
    My F5 key doesn't work any more. Or does it?

I have a Logitech G910 Keyboard.

When hitting the key alone. Nothing happens. Neither LGS (Logitech Gaming Software - aka the driver software) nor Windows or any other program seem to notice.
    But when using a key combination, the keystroke is noticed. For example in Firefox: Ctrl + F5 is working.

I tried the F5 on this keyboard on different devices and on all the others it seems to work just fine.

Does anyone know what can cause such problem?

I am currently on Windows 10 1809.

:)

AlexHuebi, Feb 15, 2019

2. Laptop is suddenly closed down while working

Hi Ankit,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

• What is the complete error message that you receive?
    • How often does it close down?
    I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Place the system in Safe Mode and check if it works fine.

1. Restart your PC. When you reach the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key and select the Power button, and then select Restart.

2. After your PC restarts, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options >Startup settings > Restart. After your PC restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5
    for Safe Mode with networking.

I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit Enter.
    NOTE: The root drive has to be C: and the command may schedule a task at the system startup, if it does, then press
    Y to schedule a task and restart the computer to perform chkdsk.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 15, 2019
  3. F5 key behaving as FN + F5

All of my laptop—a Samsung Expert running Windows 10—f[number] keys are behaving now as if I press Fn+f[number] shortcut.

For example, Fn+f5 normally disables touchpad. Then, when I press f5 key to refresh a page, my touchpad is disabled.

This started happening with a few days ago. How to revert this behavior to the normal (f1 working as f1, f2 working as f2 etc…)?

Alexandre Thebaldi, Feb 15, 2019
  4. F5 key suddenly not working

Fn key and keys 5, 6 F5, F6 not working - HELP!

Hi everyone,

My booklet is giving me pains again... I finally got the SSD that I installed and working BUT...

I noticed before I did something to it, that I couldn't use the Fn key to use it with the F1~F10 keys

I thought it was a software issue until I discovered that some other keys stopped working either, keys like 5, 6, F5 and F6; F2 wasn't working but suddenly it started to work again and same with a few other keys...

I tried to look for a Keyboard replacement but NOBODY in the whole **bleep** internet have it (there was an auction on eBay but was over when I found it =( ), I tried to call Nokia CS and see if they have it in spareparts or something and they told me to
    ship my booklet, I just need the damn keyboard I can do it myself.

Any thoughts of what I could do fellas?

Thank you, have a good day.

dante_lestat, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

F5 key suddenly not working

1. F5 key suddenly not working - Similar Threads - key suddenly working

2. Disable or modify F5 key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable or modify F5 key: [ATTACH] I'm trying to disable the F5 key function on the keyboard in order to deploy it by the GPO, in the screenshot shows the how the registry set but it's not working even after restart the PC, Could anyone help me in this issue?? Any one could help me of that or how...
  3. F5 and Ctrl D not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    F5 and Ctrl D not working: This is a super specific problem that I feel like something is wrong. Also all the other F keys are working. And F Lock is not on. But here is everything I have tried so far:Updated/ Reinstalled DriversTried another Keyboard, same thing happenedTurned off Sticky Keys, Game...
  4. F5 key doesn't work after update to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    F5 key doesn't work after update to windows 11: So I use f5 to refresh web pages, to save games, to use slideshow in powerpoint.After update it stopped working. and it's driving me nuts.CTRL+F5 seems to be working just fine to force refresh a web page and its cache.And in the web keyboard tester it shows that it's...
  5. F5 key doesn't work after update to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    F5 key doesn't work after update to windows 11: So I use f5 to refresh web pages, to save games, to use slideshow in powerpoint.After update it stopped working. and it's driving me nuts.CTRL+F5 seems to be working just fine to force refresh a web page and its cache.And in the web keyboard tester it shows that it's...
  6. esc key is weird and some of functionf4, f5 not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    esc key is weird and some of functionf4, f5 not working: When I press esc key while using microsoft edge it open some msn international edition tab while using other applications in pc pressing esc key open a microsoft edge tab. Also f4 and f5 keys aren't working. I am using external keyboard for my laptop and can't blame it...
  7. f5-f11 keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    f5-f11 keys: so ive been fine untill a few minutes ago when my f5-f11 keys randomly became volume changers, im not changing my game settings so i want to turn this off, its annoying bc im used to pressing f11 to change from full screen to non full screen so i dont like the volume keys...
  8. The F5 function key is no longer the "Refresh" key.

The F5 function key is no longer the "Refresh" key.: Today, the F5 function key invokes a Start pop-up window with no obvious name. An array of functions, apps and recently opened programs. In PowerPoint, the F5 key was the shortcut to start a presentation from slide one. No substitute keystroke is designated. Again, the...
  9. Shortcut Key FN+F5 Not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut Key FN+F5 Not working: Shortcut Key FN+F5 Not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-key-fnf5-not-working/ca917718-6d6a-404b-b643-a4398d3f0842
  10. Fn+F5 combination suddenly stopped working.

Fn+F5 combination suddenly stopped working.: I have a Fujitsu Lifebook A555 with Windows 10 latest version installed in it. The combination Fn+F5 used to turn on/off Airplane mode on my laptop. Today, suddenly it stopped working. I tried checking for driver updates but found none. Also, no Windows updates were found....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my f5 key is not working

2. f5 key wont work

3. When having computer issuess hitting F5 on my laptop

4. cherry keyboard f5 not working,
  5. f5 key doesnt work