Windows 10: F7, F8, F9 keys do no longer function correctly

Discus and support F7, F8, F9 keys do no longer function correctly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, On my laptop HP EliteBook 850 G6 the function keys are shared with the control of hardware: F7 Loudspeaker: turn up; F8 Mikrophone: on/off; F9... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MET_02, Oct 21, 2020.

1. MET_02 Win User

F7, F8, F9 keys do no longer function correctly

Hi, On my laptop HP EliteBook 850 G6 the function keys are shared with the control of hardware:

F7 Loudspeaker: turn up; F8 Mikrophone: on/off; F9 Keyboard illumination: on/off

I use occasionally a program which needs these keys: The last time I used it those keys functioned correctly. Now no longer, they only control the hardware. How can I fiund out whether an other updated? application is blocking their use by other programs and how can I correct it? Thanks for your help.

:)

MET_02, Oct 21, 2020
  2. MihaiGM Win User

F7, F9 and F10 aren't working!

I have a problem. My keys F7, F9 and F10 stopped working. I can't control my microphone from F7, can't control my WI-FI from F9 and can't open PC Manager from F10. Any ideeas what can I do with them?

MihaiGM, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Function Keys not working for Windows 10 Laptop

Some of the function keys are not working for Windows 10 HP Laptop.

These keys are not working: f2,f3,f4,f5,,f6,f7,f8,f9,f10,f11

f1 and f12 keys are working.

AkshayCheulwar, Oct 21, 2020
  4. dolphin Win User

f6, f7 and f8 sound control keys are not working on Windows 10 after latest update.

f6, f7 and f8 sound control keys were working fine until the last update

dolphin, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

1. F7, F8, F9 keys do no longer function correctly - Similar Threads - keys longer function

2. F7/F8/F9 Keys don't perform previous functions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    F7/F8/F9 Keys don't perform previous functions: My CRM Maximizer has keyboard shortcuts for the Shift+F7, F8, and Ctrl+F9.But they've stopped working and now perform Windows tasks like chaning screen illumination levelThese were major time saving features that I used repeatedly throughout the day.Without them, I have to...
  3. F7/F8/F9 Keys don't perform previous functions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    F7/F8/F9 Keys don't perform previous functions: My CRM Maximizer has keyboard shortcuts for the Shift+F7, F8, and Ctrl+F9.But they've stopped working and now perform Windows tasks like chaning screen illumination levelThese were major time saving features that I used repeatedly throughout the day.Without them, I have to...
  4. F7/F8/F9 Keys don't perform previous functions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. ¿Cómo activar las Function Keys? F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F7, F8, F9, F10, F11, F12

in Windows 10 Customization
    ¿Cómo activar las Function Keys? F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F7, F8, F9, F10, F11, F12: Para utilizar las funciones de las Function Keys necesito presionarlas junto a la tecla "FN", lo cual no es cómodoVersión de Windows: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c%C3%B3mo-activar-las-function-keys-f1-f2-f3-f4-f5/91e66124-ce51-46db-87d4-b999aa74f9cd
  6. F7 and F9 key not working

F7 and F9 key not working: Hello, everyone! After installing the new update my F7 and F9 keys stopped working on Huawei Matebook 13. I've tried pressing the Fn key and then F7/9, but nothing happened. Although not related to Windows but maybe someone tells me if this is realted to the update, another...
  7. fn+F7 and F9 not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    fn+F7 and F9 not working: I had not used these keys for a long time! Today, when I tried to disable the laptop touchpad, I realized that this key does not work! On the other hand, when I tried to turn off the screen, I realized that even that one key did not work! Of course, the other keys work well...
  8. My function keys are not working such as f7 f8 f9 f1 2 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My function keys are not working such as f7 f8 f9 f1 2 3: my function keys are not working such as f7 f8 f9 f1 2 3 * Moved from Garage * Original title: keyboard * OS not specified https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-function-keys-are-not-working-such-as-f7-f8-f9/a1e06328-111a-4db7-9877-099f4fe6a0f2
  9. F7, F9 and F10 aren't working!

F7, F9 and F10 aren't working!: I have a problem. My keys F7, F9 and F10 stopped working. I can't control my microphone from F7, can't control my WI-FI from F9 and can't open PC Manager from F10. Any ideeas what can I do with them?...
  10. function keys f6, f7 and f8 suddenly turned off

function keys f6, f7 and f8 suddenly turned off: the three sound keys on laptop suddenly stopped working - no sound from the computer. Happened when I ran a movie on You Tube. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys-f6-f7-and-f8-suddenly-turned-off/8e6b2dd0-d2f9-4522-8ca0-73676dd004de