Windows 10: F9 key not registering after using key repeater

Discus and support F9 key not registering after using key repeater in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The F9 keystroke is not registering on my keyboard and there's seemingly nothing I can do to restore it. Here are the things I'm tried. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JordanCole4, Mar 9, 2021.

1. F9 key not registering after using key repeater

The F9 keystroke is not registering on my keyboard and there's seemingly nothing I can do to restore it. Here are the things I'm tried.

1. I tried another keyboard, two in fact: another external keyboard and the internal keyboard on the laptop.
    2. I tried mapping another key to F9 via the keyboard's control panel.
    3. I checked for driver updates; there weren't any.
    4. I tried uninstalling all the keyboard drivers and reinstalling them on bootup.

At this point the only thing I can think to do is reinstalling the OS; a step I'd rather not take. Especially since I don't know that it would work. Any others ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Jordan

:)

JordanCole4, Mar 9, 2021

2. F9 key not working

Hi James,

Thank you for your efforts in troubleshooting your concern prior to contacting us.

Let us go ahead and perform the methods below accordingly to help you resolve your issue with using the F9 Key function on your PC:

• Press Windows key + W then type “Turn On-screen keyboard on or off”
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on “Start On-screen keyboard”.
    • On the bottom left hand side of the keyboard, click on Fn keys and check if it works.

If you still experience toggling F9 key on your end, we suggest that you follow the instructions below:

Method 1:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box and hit Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Sound from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Choose Configure a Device and follow the On-screen guide.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Click on Mouse and on the Device Settings tab of the
      Mouse Properties screen, click the Disable button to turn of the
      Touchpad.
    • Restart the laptop/PC and Enable.

Let us know about the outcome.

Barbara Cue, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Darkleoco Win User
    Windows 7 repeating keys uncontrollably

I have tried cleaning the ports and the USB connector but not the keyboard itself which appears to be clean even under the keys after removing them.

I would assume its the keyboard as well but even when disconnected the key repeats, would it be doing that due to a problem registering the keystroke as stopping?

Darkleoco, Mar 9, 2021
  4. F9 key not registering after using key repeater

FN key always on

To clarify, I was saying "Accessibility" features maybe be controlled via the BIOS, not the Fn keys. And one of the Accessibility features makes the keys "sticky". This allows folks with some disabilities to press, for example, the Ctrl key, then the Alt key, and then Del in sequence instead of all at once. Same with the Fn key. The sticky feature would let you first press the Fn key, and then the F9 key (for example) and not Fn + F9 at the same time to enable/disable whatever Fn + F9 does with that notebook (it is the touchpad on my Toshiba).

Bill_Bright, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

F9 key not registering after using key repeater

1. F9 key not registering after using key repeater - Similar Threads - key registering using

2. Enter Key is registering as a SHIFT KEY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enter Key is registering as a SHIFT KEY: I have read through hours of threads and watched hours of YouTube to no avail. One day my enter key simply stopped registering as an enter key on my Samsung Galaxy Alpha Flex laptop running windows 10. I have not done the Windows 11 upgrade yet out of preference. I originally...
  3. Enter Key is registering as a SHIFT KEY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enter Key is registering as a SHIFT KEY: I have read through hours of threads and watched hours of YouTube to no avail. One day my enter key simply stopped registering as an enter key on my Samsung Galaxy Alpha Flex laptop running windows 10. I have not done the Windows 11 upgrade yet out of preference. I originally...
  4. key not registering and then repeating.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    key not registering and then repeating.: when I press the ‘ or “ key on my keyboard nothing happens, then if I press it again, I get ‘’ and “”. The problem isn’t the keyboard as I have moved the keyboard to another computer and also put a different keyboard on my computer and the problem still occurs on my computer...
  5. key not registering and then repeating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    key not registering and then repeating.: when I press the ‘ or “ key on my keyboard nothing happens, then if I press it again, I get ‘’ and “”. The problem isn’t the keyboard as I have moved the keyboard to another computer and also put a different keyboard on my computer and the problem still occurs on my computer...
  6. key not registering and then repeating.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. F9 key does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    F9 key does not work: I just bough a game called smart moves W10 according to the developer if you press the f9 key it will let you skip the levels. I have tried doing this with the keyboard that come with my windows surface but it does not work I even used a usb keyboard which I use on my xbox...
  8. F7 and F9 key not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    F7 and F9 key not working: Hello, everyone! After installing the new update my F7 and F9 keys stopped working on Huawei Matebook 13. I've tried pressing the Fn key and then F7/9, but nothing happened. Although not related to Windows but maybe someone tells me if this is realted to the update, another...
  9. Cant use F Keys Like F9 = Lower Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant use F Keys Like F9 = Lower Sound: pls answer question is in subject https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-use-f-keys-like-f9-lower-sound/03cb4c8d-075e-42ac-bee4-17e3955c5c5b
  10. Key Repeat

in Windows 10 Customization
    Key Repeat: Ok so basically, Key repeat is the amount of time from when you hold down a key on your keyboard; and it continuously adds whatever letter you inputted. For example, if I held down the "a" key for long enough, the computer interprets that as "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa". I'm...