Windows 10: F9 key strips coding from page?

Discus and support F9 key strips coding from page? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I accidentally hit F9 instead of F11 and it stripped all the HTML off the site, pretty much doing what the Outline.com site does. I tried to see if it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TempAccount04102019, Oct 19, 2020.

1. F9 key strips coding from page?

I accidentally hit F9 instead of F11 and it stripped all the HTML off the site, pretty much doing what the Outline.com site does. I tried to see if it would bypass firewalls, and it worked on LA Times, but not on NY Times (darn!).

What is going on? I thought F9 only worked with Word. I tried searching, but couldn't find this function key listed anywhere as doing this. Could it be attached to an add-on I have to block HTML5?

I'm still on v. 1903 and am using a USB keyboard on my laptop, but it does the same on the laptop.

submitted by /u/TempAccount04102019
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TempAccount04102019, Oct 19, 2020

2. F9 key not working

Hi James,

Thank you for your efforts in troubleshooting your concern prior to contacting us.

Let us go ahead and perform the methods below accordingly to help you resolve your issue with using the F9 Key function on your PC:

• Press Windows key + W then type “Turn On-screen keyboard on or off”
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on “Start On-screen keyboard”.
    • On the bottom left hand side of the keyboard, click on Fn keys and check if it works.

If you still experience toggling F9 key on your end, we suggest that you follow the instructions below:

Method 1:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box and hit Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Sound from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Choose Configure a Device and follow the On-screen guide.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Click on Mouse and on the Device Settings tab of the
      Mouse Properties screen, click the Disable button to turn of the
      Touchpad.
    • Restart the laptop/PC and Enable.

Let us know about the outcome.

Barbara Cue, Oct 19, 2020
  3. F9 key not working

Thank you for your reply, Gina. Unfortunately, this does not solve my problem. I found tried this fix yesterday, after reading about it somewhere. When I go to "Mouse & touchpad" the only adjustment I find is to change the length of delay. No matter if I
    set it for "long delay" or "no delay" there is no change in the actions of the pad and cursor--it still jumps around with annoying frequency.

I would love to find an option to disable the track pad entirely. If I can't do it with the F9 key, then I would like to do it some other way.

Thanks for any follow-up information.

jamesrobertmartin, Oct 19, 2020
  4. F9 key strips coding from page?

F9 key not working

Have you made any changes to the keyboard settings prior to the issue? Have you updated the keyboard drivers?

I assume that the other function keys are working?

You may perform the below steps as work around until you reply us with required information to disable the touchpad features in Windows 10.

• Open the Start menu, type Settings in search bar and click on Settings from the search results.

• Select Devices.

• Click on Mouse and Touchpad form the left navigation pane on
      Devices
      settings window.

• Here you can disable the touchpad and touchpad features.

Gina Coleman, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

F9 key strips coding from page?

1. F9 key strips coding from page? - Similar Threads - key strips coding

2. f9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    f9: *ressed f9 and 0y c60*4ter went 64t 6f wac2. F6r exa0*3e *ress a 3etter and a d5fferent 6ne a**ears. What 5s the 5ss4e w5th th5s. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f9/eaae6492-f573-450d-9316-2e86ff638fb2
  3. f9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    f9: *ressed f9 and 0y c60*4ter went 64t 6f wac2. F6r exa0*3e *ress a 3etter and a d5fferent 6ne a**ears. What 5s the 5ss4e w5th th5s. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f9/eaae6492-f573-450d-9316-2e86ff638fb2
  4. F9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    F9: F9PRTSCF9F9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f9/2fad32c5-2aec-419f-8752-e93f0faabab4
  5. F9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    F9: F9PRTSCF9F9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f9/2fad32c5-2aec-419f-8752-e93f0faabab4
  6. F9

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. F9 and on & on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    F9 and on & on...: Keyboard shortcuts: They exist for damn near everything. There are lists of them one can find. After a time, one remembers some of them maybe. Did you know F9 goes in & out of Immersive Reader But here's the tip Oh yes, there was a tip coming If you hover on things, instead...
  8. F9 key does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    F9 key does not work: I just bough a game called smart moves W10 according to the developer if you press the f9 key it will let you skip the levels. I have tried doing this with the keyboard that come with my windows surface but it does not work I even used a usb keyboard which I use on my xbox...
  9. F7 and F9 key not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    F7 and F9 key not working: Hello, everyone! After installing the new update my F7 and F9 keys stopped working on Huawei Matebook 13. I've tried pressing the Fn key and then F7/9, but nothing happened. Although not related to Windows but maybe someone tells me if this is realted to the update, another...
  10. F9 key not registering after using key repeater

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    F9 key not registering after using key repeater: The F9 keystroke is not registering on my keyboard and there's seemingly nothing I can do to restore it. Here are the things I'm tried. I tried another keyboard, two in fact: another external keyboard and the internal keyboard on the laptop. I tried mapping another key to...