Windows 10: F9

Discus and support F9 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; F9PRTSCF9F9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f9/2fad32c5-2aec-419f-8752-e93f0faabab4 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Windows Category - All, Jan 17, 2022.

1. F9

F9PRTSCF9F9

:)

Windows Category - All, Jan 17, 2022

2. F9 key not working

Hi James,

Thank you for your efforts in troubleshooting your concern prior to contacting us.

Let us go ahead and perform the methods below accordingly to help you resolve your issue with using the F9 Key function on your PC:

• Press Windows key + W then type “Turn On-screen keyboard on or off”
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on “Start On-screen keyboard”.
    • On the bottom left hand side of the keyboard, click on Fn keys and check if it works.

If you still experience toggling F9 key on your end, we suggest that you follow the instructions below:

Method 1:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box and hit Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Sound from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Choose Configure a Device and follow the On-screen guide.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Click on Mouse and on the Device Settings tab of the
      Mouse Properties screen, click the Disable button to turn of the
      Touchpad.
    • Restart the laptop/PC and Enable.

Let us know about the outcome.

Barbara Cue, Jan 17, 2022
  3. MisterEd Win User
    Computer won't boot after deleting data partition

• 2011 Clean Install of Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
    • 2013 Clean Install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    • 2020 Free upgrade to Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
    As you can see these partitions were created by Windows a long time ago. What changes do you suggest I make?

BTW, one of the changes suggested earlier was to update my BIOS. I was perplexed by this. Here are notes I found:

• Thursday April 25, 2013: Replace F8 BIOS with F9 BIOS
    • Thursday February 27, 2014: Replace F6 BIOS with F9 BIOS
    It is apparent that unknown to me the BIOS has been rolled back at least three times by Gigabyte Dual-BIOS.

MisterEd, Jan 17, 2022
  4. F9

F9 key not working

Thank you for your reply, Gina. Unfortunately, this does not solve my problem. I found tried this fix yesterday, after reading about it somewhere. When I go to "Mouse & touchpad" the only adjustment I find is to change the length of delay. No matter if I
    set it for "long delay" or "no delay" there is no change in the actions of the pad and cursor--it still jumps around with annoying frequency.

I would love to find an option to disable the track pad entirely. If I can't do it with the F9 key, then I would like to do it some other way.

Thanks for any follow-up information.

jamesrobertmartin, Jan 17, 2022
Thema:

F9