Windows 10: Fable III Install - Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

Discus and support Fable III Install - Data error (cyclic redundancy check) in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Trying to install Fable 3 from disc on Windows 10 and getting the same error (as seen above). Some helpful info: The error occurs after the install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MiniNut321, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Fable III Install - Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

Trying to install Fable 3 from disc on Windows 10 and getting the same error (as seen above). Some helpful info:

• The error occurs after the install being stuck on around 25% for a very long time (20 mins +).
    • I've tried running the setup application in compatibility mode for Windows 7 and also running as administrator but no help
    • My OS is up to date and I have 78GB of free space on the secondary drive which I am installing the game on
    • I'm using an external CD/DVD drive to install
    • I can provide log files if anyone thinks they can use them to help

If anyone has experienced this issue themself and/or knows how to fix it, your help would be much appreciated Fable III Install - Data error (cyclic redundancy check) :)

Thanks in advance!

:)

MiniNut321, Jun 1, 2019

2. Need help with Cyclic Redundancy Check, "Error: data error (cyclic redundancy check).

O:Need help with Cyclic Redundancy Check.

I'm trying to download a game and in the middle of it it keeps saying "Error: data error (cyclic redundancy check) help please!

LaQuandaWilliams, Jun 1, 2019
  3. JManbd Win User
    Data Error - Cyclic Redundancy check

System Backup fail. message shows Data error (cyclic redundancy check) Error Code: 0x80070017

Please help.

Thankyou.

JManbd, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

Fable III Install - Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

pls help: CYCLIC REDUNDANCY CHECK ERROR

Use something like CrystalDiskInfo to check SMART on the drive, however if this is an older IDE drive, SMART might not be supported. Cyclic redundancy errors are almost always uncorrectable disk errors. I suspect that the drive is failing juding from the symptoms you described.

Aquinus, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Fable III Install - Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

1. Fable III Install - Data error (cyclic redundancy check) - Similar Threads - Fable III Install

2. data error cyclic reduncy check with sd card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    data error cyclic reduncy check with sd card: I have tried all sorts to rectify this sd card but to no avail, i was using it as my file history back up but then used it for something else then tried it back in my laptop, it won't format with diskpart or normally etc so any help would be much appreciated or the sd card...
  3. fable 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fable 3: I just bought Fable III today and I installed it and get the following window message: Games for Windows - LIVE must verify the release date of your game. Please make sure that your comupter is connected to the internet. No personal information will be sent to Microsoft....
  4. Cyclic redundancy check

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cyclic redundancy check: I'm running windows 10 home and I have an external hard drive Toshiba that I can not get it to format ,initialized an unallocated. I do find it in computer management as disk 3 but I can't run chkdsk /f ?drive/. How do I go about fixing this ?...
  5. checking the backup data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    checking the backup data: hi! I just want to check if the data that i have made backup of on my external hard drive , has been made correctly. how do i check it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checking-the-backup-data/4e247465-1a71-42a0-866e-d19f34af6e1c
  6. Removing Unnecessary or Redundant Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing Unnecessary or Redundant Files: I know how to delete "temp", "%temp%", and "Prefetch" files using the Run box, and I believe there is another set of files that can be removed, but I don't remember it. Anyone know the other one? Thanks. 120889
  7. Dark Souls III

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark Souls III: Anyone here pick up Dark Souls III on Steam? How are you enjoying it? Are you using a K&M or using a console controller? 47281
  8. Redundant Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Redundant Update: Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.219.839.0] appears every time I check for updates. I let it install and slam, boom, bowee there it is again next time I check for updates. *Roflmao2 49279
  9. Check for pending package install error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Check for pending package install error: I have a constant issue with rebooting the computer and it automatically goes into repair mode but then fails and directs me to the log file C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt. I have racked my brain on this but still cannot figure it out. 93425
  10. Redundant search results

in Windows 10 Support
    Redundant search results: Has anyone else noticed how some of the search results just lead to the settings app opening with the name of the search result in its search bar, but nothing in the results of the app? To get an idea of what I'm talking about, search up "Show me tips about windows", "turn...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fable 3 cyclic redundancy error