Windows 10: face recognition and PIN login problem

Discus and support face recognition and PIN login problem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a brand new Microsoft Surface Laptop running Windows 10. After the initial startup and setting of a new PIN and face recognition the it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ramon CQ, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Ramon CQ Win User

face recognition and PIN login problem

I have a brand new Microsoft Surface Laptop running Windows 10. After the initial startup and setting of a new PIN and face recognition the it automatically updated. On attempting to login face recognition attempted to engage and login several times until that locked as a sign in option. The next logical step is the PIN, but the message on the start screen reads "Your PIN no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. You can setup your PIN again by going to Settings\ Accounts\ Sign-in options."

This obviously is not accessible as the PIN appears to have been disabled after the update. How do I login to the laptop without a PIN or facial recognition? There is notan option available to reset PIN or password. And, how do I avoid this conundrum in the future.

Thank you, RC

:)

Ramon CQ, Oct 6, 2018

2. Face recognition quits working

I set up my pin and face recognition in the settings of windows 10. It works for awhile then tells me I have to set up a pin to use the face recognition. When I check the settings the pin is still there, the only thing that I can find to do is remove the
    pin then set up a new pin and face recognition. The face login works for awhile then the problem repeats.

ScottGriffis, Oct 6, 2018
  3. PIN login and Face Recognition Broken

Earlier this year, the fan in my laptop broke. After getting it fixed I had to sign into my computer with a 48-digit recovery key every time I powered it on after it had been shut off. After putting in this key, it would take me to my lock screen where
    I could put in my normal password to get into the computer. It eventually stopped asking for the recovery key, but I couldn't use my PIN or my face recognition to log in. I then revisited the "Sign-in Options" section of settings. Where it used to say "Change"
    under the PIN heading, now it said "Add," so I clicked it. From here, it tells me to put in a PIN to verify my identity. When I put in my previous PIN (as the verification), it closes the pop-up and changes nothing. for the face recognition, it scans my face
    then tells me to set up my PIN. When I click on "Set Up PIN" it tells me to verify my identity with the PIN that I don't have anymore. How can I get my PIN to work?

Humpty Dumpty is Pretty Cool, Oct 6, 2018
  4. face recognition and PIN login problem

Face recognition not working

Hi,

Recently my face recognition stopped working on my laptop and was asking for my pin instead. Since then I have attempted to get it to work again, I’ve reset my pin and attempted to setup face recognition again. The system goes
    through all of the steps, once I hit OK at the end, it exits out the window and applies nothing.

All help would be brilliant,

Many thanks.

NickWoolley94, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

face recognition and PIN login problem

1. face recognition and PIN login problem - Similar Threads - face recognition PIN

2. Pin and face recognition both failed on Windows 10 login: locked out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin and face recognition both failed on Windows 10 login: locked out: I am unable to login to my computer. My camera won't boot and I can't use my face recognition and my pin number isn't being recognised. There are no other options and no options to change pin. I have tried activating an administrator user but that didn't change anything - no...
  3. Pin and face recognition both failed on Windows 10 login: locked out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin and face recognition both failed on Windows 10 login: locked out: I am unable to login to my computer. My camera won't boot and I can't use my face recognition and my pin number isn't being recognised. There are no other options and no options to change pin. I have tried activating an administrator user but that didn't change anything - no...
  4. Login problems windows 11 with PIN/Face recognition/fingerprint code 0x80090027

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login problems windows 11 with PIN/Face recognition/fingerprint code 0x80090027: My laptop changed from windows 10 to windows 11 overnight. Suddenly I have problems with logging in to my computer. My face recognition works but my computer switches to PIN. PIN and fingerprint don't work. The only way to login is password.I also get an error code:...
  5. Login problems windows 11 with PIN/Face recognition/fingerprint code 0x80090027

Login problems windows 11 with PIN/Face recognition/fingerprint code 0x80090027: My laptop changed from windows 10 to windows 11 overnight. Suddenly I have problems with logging in to my computer. My face recognition works but my computer switches to PIN. PIN and fingerprint don't work. The only way to login is password.I also get an error code:...
  6. Problems with face recognition and fingerprint sensor

Problems with face recognition and fingerprint sensor: Hi,I had to reset my computer completely and now I can't use the fingerprint reader or the IR camera to log in, I already tried so many things. I noticed that in the device manager, I didn't have the biometric device tab, so I fixed this. Now my problem is that there isn't...
  7. Locked out of Windows login with PIN, password, Face recognition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of Windows login with PIN, password, Face recognition: Hello All, A few days ago I tried to log into my HP laptop, I usually do this with face recognition, but this time it did not work. I tried my PIN, it said "incorrect", I then tried my password which it also said was incorrect. I then tried my 3 questions to reset/recover my...
  8. face recognition login no longer works

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    face recognition login no longer works: After the latest updates to my Dell Inspiron 15 the face recognition login no longer works. The red dots no longer flash at the login screen. It also stopped working a couple of updates ago, then worked again, then stopped working at the most recent update at the end of...
  9. PIN and Face recognition not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN and Face recognition not working: So the other day my computer prompted me to restart and update the computer, so it restarted and did a regular windows update. Once the update was completed everything was working ok until another update was prompted about 20 minutes later, and this one did not seem like a...
  10. face recognition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    face recognition: My face Recognition was uninstalled by a microsoft tech, how do I reinstall it???????????? I have windows 10 and it has worked since I bought my computer and just stopped. It said camera could not be turned on before he uninstalled it. All my setting were on. I spend over an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. logitech brio disable hello