Windows 10: face recognition has stopped working

Discus and support face recognition has stopped working in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My face recognition to start my computer has stopped working now asking me for a pin number which I have no idea is. Using Windows 10 183457 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Grantrich, Aug 7, 2021.

1. Grantrich Win User

face recognition has stopped working

My face recognition to start my computer has stopped working now asking me for a pin number which I have no idea is. Using Windows 10

:)

Grantrich, Aug 7, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook

Privacy Matters

We’ve continued to engage with privacy experts, academics, regulators and people on Facebook about how we use face recognition and the options you have to control it.

We’ve made the steps to update your settings clearer and you can opt to leave your setting off right in the notice, as opposed to having to go to a separate screen. If you do nothing, face recognition will remain off for you.

face recognition has stopped working [​IMG]

There’s also an opportunity to review information about our technology and the features it powers so that you can make the choice that’s right for you.

Finally, Facebook’s face recognition technology still does not recognize you to strangers. We don’t share your face recognition information with third parties. We also don’t sell our technology.

These changes will be effective globally starting today.

Source: An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook | Facebook Newsroom

Brink, Aug 7, 2021
  3. Grantrich Win User

My face recognition to start my computer has stopped working now asking me for a pin number which I have no idea is.
    Using Windows 10

Grantrich, Aug 7, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Hi, having a PIN is a precursor to setting up face recognition. I.e. when this was done, you would have used one: see
    Set up Face for Windows Hello in Windows 10

If you are lucky, assuming you have Home, see the registry option -Option 2- here;
    Enable or Disable Windows Hello Biometrics in Windows 10

What happened just before this? Did you receive an update or upgrade, or attempt to update drivers for example?
    Post a screenshot of your Update History thus:

Do you know the underlying password? (Using biometrics or a PIN does NOT make the password you would originally have used redundant). And once you are logged in, whether using face recognition or anything else, there are circumstances when you would be prompted for your password.

Is your account local, or linked to your Microsoft live id?

Can you use an alternative means to sign in e.g. your password?

If completely stuck and unable to log in and you don't know your password or PIN see
    Reset Password of User Account in Windows 10

Is your camera working at all?

The forum prompted you (twice) for your build number (so we don't have to keep asking). Thanks.

What is the model of your laptop?

dalchina, Aug 7, 2021
Thema:

1. face recognition has stopped working - Similar Threads - face recognition has

2. Face recognition does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Face recognition does not work: Hello, recently I can't login with face recognition anymore. Windows also asks for a pincode. When I go to the procedure to make a pincode, Windows thereafter says there is a mistake, please try it later. I've tried many times but the problem is still there. Can somebody help...
  3. Windows Hello Face Recognition Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Face Recognition Stopped Working: Hi Guys,I have just reinstalled my PC Windows 11 Pro and the Hello face recognition is failing. it opens the camera and sees me and the just freezes like a photo, worked fine before I reinstalled. It is a generic IR/Webcam and works OK in Teams etc, any ideas...
  4. Windows Hello Face Recognition Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Face Recognition Stopped Working: Hi Guys,I have just reinstalled my PC Windows 11 Pro and the Hello face recognition is failing. it opens the camera and sees me and the just freezes like a photo, worked fine before I reinstalled. It is a generic IR/Webcam and works OK in Teams etc, any ideas...
  5. face recinition has stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    face recinition has stopped working: My face recognition to start my computer has stopped working now asking me for a pin number which I have no idea is. Using Windows 10 183457
  6. Hello Face Recognition - Camera stops working with Face Recognition after windows update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Face Recognition - Camera stops working with Face Recognition after windows update: I have a Windows Surface, the camera works with zoom and teams and taking pictures, however after a recent update it stopped working with facial recognition. It will not allow me to remove facial recognition and is grayed out in the settings under account.I'm running windows...
  7. face recognition not working to sign in

face recognition not working to sign in: Face recognition stopped working on Surface Pro 4. Login screen always tells me to login with PIN. Then I choose password option and that works. I have gone to Settings->Account->Sign-in Options. That tells me Windows Hello Face is not currently available. I click on "learn...
  8. Face recognition stopped working in Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Customization
    Face recognition stopped working in Windows Hello: When I purchased a laptop, I set up Windows Hello and it was working fine. Then I deleted that user’s account and created a new one. But I cannot configure Windows Hello for this new user. I receive a message that Something went wrong: it looks like you've already setup...
  9. face recognition stops working

face recognition stops working: Face recognition became very unreliable, for no reason that I can see. Sometimes it works, but more often, it does not. I have to wait for a long time until it gives up and I can enter the PIN. I tried to delete my recognition information and started again, but this did not...
  10. face recognition not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    face recognition not working: Hello I purchased my surface pro 4 last year in september from USA and curently i am in india and recently my windows crashed and had to reinstall windows 10. now i am unable to use face recognition with my new windows 10. Can anybody help me with the same. Thanks...