Windows 10: Face recognition not working properly in the windows photos app.

Discus and support Face recognition not working properly in the windows photos app. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The windows photos app has sorted some of my photos using face recognition but most of them are still unsorted. This feature is very useful and I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anonymous20062003, May 6, 2019.

1. Face recognition not working properly in the windows photos app.

The windows photos app has sorted some of my photos using face recognition but most of them are still unsorted. This feature is very useful and I want it to sort all of my photos this way. Every answer is appreciated.

:)

Anonymous20062003, May 6, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Microsoft Photos app not recognizing faces in photos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the face recognition in Microsoft Photos app is not working properly after resetting the app. We will look into this for you. However, in order to get a better clarity on the issue, please reply with the following details:

• Which version of Photos app is installed on the computer?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?

The Photos app recognizes the faces from the contacts saved in the People app. If the Photos app is unable to recognize the faces in the photos then, I suggest you to try resetting the People app and see if that helps in resolving the issue:

1. Press and hold Windows key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps.
    3. Click on Apps & features.
    4. Scroll down and look for
      People
      app, click on it and click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Reset to reset the application.
    Note: Resetting the app will reset it to default settings. You will have to re-add the account to People app after resetting it.

If resetting the app didn’t fix the issue, I suggest you to manually add the contacts in People app whose face is not getting detected in the Photos app. You can refer the section
    Add contacts from the article
    People app help

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 6, 2019
  3. PolySpot Win User
    Face recognition doesn't work

Ahahahah, MS Support is just so bad. They even didn't read your problem.

Face recognition > MS brain> Windows Hello

Windows Photo app face recognition > not the same problem at all.

Community moderators can't just read properly, and they were two !!

Laughing apart, i have this problem too, reseting app does not help, sometimes I have one face recognized, sometimes just zero.

Thanks Microsoft for your high added value.

PolySpot, May 6, 2019
  4. Face recognition not working properly in the windows photos app.

Face recognition doesn't work

Hi there,

I added lots of photo's to Window Photo's (PC). Only the Face recognition doesn't start. Which is for me the main reason for using this app. How can I start the Face recognition?

Best,

Christa

Christa van Veldhuizen, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Face recognition not working properly in the windows photos app.

1. Face recognition not working properly in the windows photos app. - Similar Threads - Face recognition working

2. Windows Hello Face Recognition not working properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Face Recognition not working properly.: Hello there,I am running Windows 11 on my Razor Blade Stealth. What I have noticed in my system is that, sometimes the face recognition won't work. By that I mean when I turn on my laptop or even wake it up from sleep, for the first login it works. From then onwards if I use...
  3. Windows Hello Face Recognition not working properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Face Recognition not working properly.: Hello there,I am running Windows 11 on my Razor Blade Stealth. What I have noticed in my system is that, sometimes the face recognition won't work. By that I mean when I turn on my laptop or even wake it up from sleep, for the first login it works. From then onwards if I use...
  4. Microsoft Photos App [Face Recognition Error]

Microsoft Photos App [Face Recognition Error]: The photos app doesn't recognise photos after a particular amount.In my cases. I added a folder containing 961 photos and people section only recognised 509.*These are photos of one single person.There doesn't seems to be a manual way to add related photos under people tab....
  5. face recognition in Microsoft Photo's

face recognition in Microsoft Photo's: Hi I have over 30,000 photos and I am in the process of importing this into Microsoft Photos After a night of waiting, all photos with examples were included in the people folder. Given the large number, I think this is fast These photos include many upgrowing children and...
  6. Disable Face Detection and Recognition in Windows 10 Photos app

in Windows 10 News
    Disable Face Detection and Recognition in Windows 10 Photos app: [ATTACH]The exclusive Photos App on Microsoft’s latest operating system Windows 10 is the default photo-sharing application that allows users to conveniently view all your stored […] This article Disable Face Detection and Recognition in Windows 10 Photos app first appeared...
  7. Windows 10 Photos app face recognition problems

Windows 10 Photos app face recognition problems: Hello, I already posted my problem on the official Windows forums in April this year but MS staff are apparently not very keen on solving issues and helping their paying customers. They sent one standard response and did not respond further. Box ticked, next, I guess.....
  8. MS Photo Face Recognition

MS Photo Face Recognition: I recently replaced an old HP PC with a new Dell PC, both run/ran Windows 10. The photos and albums transferred ok but the face recognition feature is not functioning on the new Dell. Is there something I need to do? I don't remember doing anything in particular before, but...
  9. Photos app vs. Privacy (face recognition)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Photos app vs. Privacy (face recognition): On Windows 10... What, if any data is uploaded from my PC when my Photos app recognizes faces in my photos? I see that it's auto-recognized faces and grouped them together based on recognizing the same people across my photos. I see that it is asking for permission to my...
  10. face recognition not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    face recognition not working: Hello I purchased my surface pro 4 last year in september from USA and curently i am in india and recently my windows crashed and had to reinstall windows 10. now i am unable to use face recognition with my new windows 10. Can anybody help me with the same. Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. photos app face recognition stopped

2. windows face recognition not working

3. windows 10 photos app face recognition wrong face

4. windows 10 photos face recognition,
  5. windows 10 face recognition not working,
  6. facial recognition in windows app,
  7. face recognition not working on photos app,
  8. microsoft photos app face recognition not working,
  9. windows photo app face recognition stopped,
  10. windows photos face detection stopped working,
  11. windows photos face recognition no working,