Windows 10: face recognition not working to sign in

Discus and support face recognition not working to sign in in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Face recognition stopped working on Surface Pro 4. Login screen always tells me to login with PIN. Then I choose password option and that works. I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DaveRadtke, Feb 19, 2020.

1. face recognition not working to sign in

Face recognition stopped working on Surface Pro 4. Login screen always tells me to login with PIN. Then I choose password option and that works.

I have gone to Settings->Account->Sign-in Options. That tells me Windows Hello Face is not currently available. I click on "learn more" and which tells me "We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face"

The camera hasn't changed since I bought the Surface Pro. I can take pictures with the camera. I also tried to update the driver, but I'm told I'm already using the latest driver.

I suspect something changed with the latest Windows update. The online help I have tried has not been useful

:)

DaveRadtke, Feb 19, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook

Privacy Matters

We’ve continued to engage with privacy experts, academics, regulators and people on Facebook about how we use face recognition and the options you have to control it.

We’ve made the steps to update your settings clearer and you can opt to leave your setting off right in the notice, as opposed to having to go to a separate screen. If you do nothing, face recognition will remain off for you.

face recognition not working to sign in face-recognition-notice.png

There’s also an opportunity to review information about our technology and the features it powers so that you can make the choice that’s right for you.

Finally, Facebook’s face recognition technology still does not recognize you to strangers. We don’t share your face recognition information with third parties. We also don’t sell our technology.

These changes will be effective globally starting today.

Source: An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook | Facebook Newsroom

Brink, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook

Privacy Matters

We’ve continued to engage with privacy experts, academics, regulators and people on Facebook about how we use face recognition and the options you have to control it.

We’ve made the steps to update your settings clearer and you can opt to leave your setting off right in the notice, as opposed to having to go to a separate screen. If you do nothing, face recognition will remain off for you.

face recognition not working to sign in face-recognition-notice.png

There’s also an opportunity to review information about our technology and the features it powers so that you can make the choice that’s right for you.

Finally, Facebook’s face recognition technology still does not recognize you to strangers. We don’t share your face recognition information with third parties. We also don’t sell our technology.

These changes will be effective globally starting today.

Source: An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook | Facebook Newsroom

Brink, Feb 19, 2020
  4. keshavj Win User

face recognition not working to sign in

face recognition sign in doesn't work

original Title: face recognition sign in

i have a lenevo ideapad 500, my face recognition sign in doesn't work now. my camera doesn't turn ON at the time of signing in. but my camera works in other webcam software.

my drivers are uptodate .

please help

keshavj, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

face recognition not working to sign in

1. face recognition not working to sign in - Similar Threads - face recognition working

2. Face recognition does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Face recognition does not work: Hello, recently I can't login with face recognition anymore. Windows also asks for a pincode. When I go to the procedure to make a pincode, Windows thereafter says there is a mistake, please try it later. I've tried many times but the problem is still there. Can somebody help...
  3. Face recognition does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Face recognition does not work: Hello, recently I can't login with face recognition anymore. Windows also asks for a pincode. When I go to the procedure to make a pincode, Windows thereafter says there is a mistake, please try it later. I've tried many times but the problem is still there. Can somebody help...
  4. Sign in with face recognition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in with face recognition: Hello, I have windows 10 since I bought computer few months ago. I set for sign in face recognition and it work perfect since month ago when some updates were made. I try many thing to resolve this but unsucesfully. Can somebody help me how to resolve that issue?...
  5. camera not working for face recognition

camera not working for face recognition: here there my camera isn't working for face recognition only i don't what it wrong i have tried everything at this link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/how-to-fix-face-recognition-cannot-open-camera/c76574a5-a354-4d26-882e-7f57b8f0f115....
  6. Setting up Face Recognition for Sign In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up Face Recognition for Sign In: I just purchased a new HP Pavilion x360 and I am trying to set up the face recognition. I get a message that says that a camera compatible to Windows Hello Face could not be found. I have gone to the settings and it will not let me do the set up because the camera can not be...
  7. PIN and Face recognition not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN and Face recognition not working: So the other day my computer prompted me to restart and update the computer, so it restarted and did a regular windows update. Once the update was completed everything was working ok until another update was prompted about 20 minutes later, and this one did not seem like a...
  8. face recognition stops working

face recognition stops working: Face recognition became very unreliable, for no reason that I can see. Sometimes it works, but more often, it does not. I have to wait for a long time until it gives up and I can enter the PIN. I tried to delete my recognition information and started again, but this did not...
  9. face recognition not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    face recognition not working: Hello I purchased my surface pro 4 last year in september from USA and curently i am in india and recently my windows crashed and had to reinstall windows 10. now i am unable to use face recognition with my new windows 10. Can anybody help me with the same. Thanks...
  10. face recognition - sign in option

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    face recognition - sign in option: Hello everyone, Please i need help with face recognition on sign in option. the face recognition option itself is not exist on sign in option page. would anyone help please?...