Windows 10: face recognition not working

Discus and support face recognition not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello I purchased my surface pro 4 last year in september from USA and curently i am in india and recently my windows crashed and had to reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sapna k, Sep 22, 2018.

1. sapna k Win User

face recognition not working

Hello

I purchased my surface pro 4 last year in september from USA and curently i am in india and recently my windows crashed and had to reinstall windows 10. now i am unable to use face recognition with my new windows 10. Can anybody help me with the same.

Thanks

:)

sapna k, Sep 22, 2018
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Face recognition not working.

Hi,

There are a lot of factors for this matter to occur. One factor is outdated drivers for the camera. To isolate the
    issue, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Does face recognition works perfectly before?

• Have you checked for the latest driver update available on your manufacturer's website?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Face recognition not working

Hi,

Recently my face recognition stopped working on my laptop and was asking for my pin instead. Since then I have attempted to get it to work again, I’ve reset my pin and attempted to setup face recognition again. The system goes
    through all of the steps, once I hit OK at the end, it exits out the window and applies nothing.

All help would be brilliant,

Many thanks.

NickWoolley94, Sep 22, 2018
  4. face recognition not working

Windows Hello Face Recognition Set up

Hi,

Please provide us below details to assist you better,

• How exactly you are trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?
    • What is the error you are getting, while trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?

A regular webcam will not work with Windows Hello. Windows 10 features Windows Hello, which provides new ways to authentication using biometrics including facial recognition.
    Since this is essentially 3-d detection, a camera with a specialized illuminated infrared camera is required.

I suggest you to try the below steps to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition and check if it helps.

• Open up "Settings" and click on "Accounts," then "Sign-in options."

• You need to set up a PIN code before you're allowed to use Windows Hello. So hit the "Add" button under "PIN" to set that up. Once you've done that the options to set up Windows Hello will unlock.

• You'll now see which options are available to set up under Windows Hello, Since we're looking at facial unlock you'll see an option for "Face." Click on "Set Up."

• The next screen will give you a little background on what Windows Hello is. Click on "Get started".

• The next step could happen incredibly quickly. Position yourself so your face is in the center of the frame that appears on screen. The camera will then do what it needs to do to register your face.

• Once you're set up you have an option that allows you to improve recognition.

• Now, when you go back to Settings you'll have the option again to improve recognition, remove your face, a toggle to turn on unlocking your PC when it sees your face and an added security option that will require you to turn your head
        left and right for verification.

For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17215/windows-10-what-is-hello

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

face recognition not working

1. face recognition not working - Similar Threads - face recognition working

2. Face recognition does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Face recognition does not work: Hello, recently I can't login with face recognition anymore. Windows also asks for a pincode. When I go to the procedure to make a pincode, Windows thereafter says there is a mistake, please try it later. I've tried many times but the problem is still there. Can somebody help...
  3. Face recognition does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Face recognition does not work: Hello, recently I can't login with face recognition anymore. Windows also asks for a pincode. When I go to the procedure to make a pincode, Windows thereafter says there is a mistake, please try it later. I've tried many times but the problem is still there. Can somebody help...
  4. Face recognition log in not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Face recognition log in not working: Hello, I have an Acer laptop, and the facial recognition log in has never worked. It just says 'We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face'. I looked at other threads and tried stopping, backing up relevant docs, and restarting Windows Biometric Service...
  5. camera not working for face recognition

camera not working for face recognition: here there my camera isn't working for face recognition only i don't what it wrong i have tried everything at this link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/how-to-fix-face-recognition-cannot-open-camera/c76574a5-a354-4d26-882e-7f57b8f0f115....
  6. face recognition not working to sign in

face recognition not working to sign in: Face recognition stopped working on Surface Pro 4. Login screen always tells me to login with PIN. Then I choose password option and that works. I have gone to Settings->Account->Sign-in Options. That tells me Windows Hello Face is not currently available. I click on "learn...
  7. Face Recognition

Face Recognition: I have a surface pro used by my husband and myself. As I clicked on my account to sign in, my 2yo daughter was standing infront of the screen while I was standing. To my surprise, the laptop signed in using my daughter’s face. And I tried it so many times. Is this normal?...
  8. PIN and Face recognition not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN and Face recognition not working: So the other day my computer prompted me to restart and update the computer, so it restarted and did a regular windows update. Once the update was completed everything was working ok until another update was prompted about 20 minutes later, and this one did not seem like a...
  9. face recognition stops working

face recognition stops working: Face recognition became very unreliable, for no reason that I can see. Sometimes it works, but more often, it does not. I have to wait for a long time until it gives up and I can enter the PIN. I tried to delete my recognition information and started again, but this did not...
  10. face recognition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    face recognition: My face Recognition was uninstalled by a microsoft tech, how do I reinstall it???????????? I have windows 10 and it has worked since I bought my computer and just stopped. It said camera could not be turned on before he uninstalled it. All my setting were on. I spend over an...