Windows 10: face recognition peroblem in photos windows 10

Discus and support face recognition peroblem in photos windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello in previous version of my windows i had face recognition in my windows photo. but when i updated my windows it's gone and there is nothing in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by The Master13142, Aug 12, 2019.

1. face recognition peroblem in photos windows 10

Hello
    in previous version of my windows i had face recognition in my windows photo. but when i updated my windows it's gone
    and there is nothing in settings so i can bring it back
    face recognition peroblem in photos windows 10 572f5bdc-b025-4e83-b35b-e70642fc7d48?upload=true.jpg

:)

The Master13142, Aug 12, 2019
  2. bro67 Win User

Windows 10 Photos app face recognition problems

It has been an ongoing complaint since 10 came out. Until Ms sees more people using the app for Facial Recognition, they are not going to improve it much. You can seek an alternative. Try out Tag That Photo Software | Face Recognition Tagging & Privacy which replaced fotobounce. There are others out there.

bro67, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Ank59 Win User

Hello,

I already posted my problem on the official Windows forums in April this year but MS staff are apparently not very keen on solving issues and helping their paying customers. They sent one standard response and did not respond further. Box ticked, next, I guess..

Hopefully someone on this forum has any suggestions. Since I posted the below, I have done more reinstalls of the Photo app, did a reset of the 'people' app, renamed the photo folder and had the photos app rescan it, and had the computer on for days without even looking at it, but the problem persists..

Original message:

I recently switched to Windows 10. Clean install on a formatted disk. Everything is working perfectly but the photos app:

I pointed the photos app at my photo directory with approximately 20-30K pictures. All of these have been indexed and are visible in the 'collection' tab and the app created all kinds of albums. The face recognition functionality however is problematic as the app only detects 21 faces (interestingly almost the same group each time I tried) while there must be hundreds and it for example detects only 200 and 50 photos respectively from my kids while there should be thousands for each of them.

I tried all kinds of fixes for other issues people are having with the photos app, including:

- stop, restore and reset from the settings - apps - photos menu.

- completely removing the app with the powershell command and reinstalling a fresh copy from the windows app store.

- deleting the MediaDb.v1.sqlite file from the C:\Users\X\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe folder and restart the app in order to have it rebuild the index / dbase and completely deleting the content of this folder.

Since the last reinstall my computer has been running non-stop (with energy saving for the hdds switched off in case this would make a difference) for almost three days but the number of faces for a limited amount of persons is the same as after the initial couple of hours and the MediaDb.v1.sqlite file seems to no longer increase in size, so I get the impression that the face recognition process is simply stuck. Initially this happened when it reached appr 20 faces and at that stage the MediaDb.v1.sqlite file is approximately 400MB. My latest two attempt led to only 4 faces with 163, 23, 8 and 2 photos respectively and again a MediaDb.v1.sqlite of almost 400MB.

Many thanks

Ank59, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Ank59 Win User

face recognition peroblem in photos windows 10

Thank you. I'll check out some of the alternatives.

Ank59, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

face recognition peroblem in photos windows 10

1. face recognition peroblem in photos windows 10 - Similar Threads - face recognition peroblem

2. face recognition in Microsoft Photo's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    face recognition in Microsoft Photo's: Hi I have over 30,000 photos and I am in the process of importing this into Microsoft Photos After a night of waiting, all photos with examples were included in the people folder. Given the large number, I think this is fast These photos include many upgrowing children and...
  3. Disable Face Detection and Recognition in Windows 10 Photos app

in Windows 10 News
    Disable Face Detection and Recognition in Windows 10 Photos app: [ATTACH]The exclusive Photos App on Microsoft’s latest operating system Windows 10 is the default photo-sharing application that allows users to conveniently view all your stored […] This article Disable Face Detection and Recognition in Windows 10 Photos app first appeared...
  4. Windows Photos Face Recognition Across multiple computers

Windows Photos Face Recognition Across multiple computers: Hi I have executed Face Recognition in one of my computers but when I try to use it in a second computer, there is nothing there. Environment: Windows 10 Same account across computers Pictures are in OneDrive One Drive as in c:\Users\<me>\Onedrive\is listed in the...
  5. Photos : How to start the face recognition?

Photos : How to start the face recognition?: Hello, I have questions about the photos application. My environment: Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 19628.1 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.10601.30.3 I have problems starting the People face search. Sometimes it starts, but very often it does not start. Is there...
  6. Face Recognition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Face Recognition: I have a surface pro used by my husband and myself. As I clicked on my account to sign in, my 2yo daughter was standing infront of the screen while I was standing. To my surprise, the laptop signed in using my daughter’s face. And I tried it so many times. Is this normal?...
  7. Windows 10 Photos app face recognition problems

Windows 10 Photos app face recognition problems: Hello, I already posted my problem on the official Windows forums in April this year but MS staff are apparently not very keen on solving issues and helping their paying customers. They sent one standard response and did not respond further. Box ticked, next, I guess.....
  8. MS Photo Face Recognition

MS Photo Face Recognition: I recently replaced an old HP PC with a new Dell PC, both run/ran Windows 10. The photos and albums transferred ok but the face recognition feature is not functioning on the new Dell. Is there something I need to do? I don't remember doing anything in particular before, but...
  9. Photos app vs. Privacy (face recognition)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Photos app vs. Privacy (face recognition): On Windows 10... What, if any data is uploaded from my PC when my Photos app recognizes faces in my photos? I see that it's auto-recognized faces and grouped them together based on recognizing the same people across my photos. I see that it is asking for permission to my...
  10. face recognition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    face recognition: My face Recognition was uninstalled by a microsoft tech, how do I reinstall it???????????? I have windows 10 and it has worked since I bought my computer and just stopped. It said camera could not be turned on before he uninstalled it. All my setting were on. I spend over an...