Windows 10: face recognition - Sorry, something went wrong, use pin

Discus and support face recognition - Sorry, something went wrong, use pin in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I fire up my Surface Pro 6 (which has face recognition and PIN set up) I often get the error message, "Sorry, something went wrong, please sign in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lmod, Apr 17, 2019.

1. lmod Win User

face recognition - Sorry, something went wrong, use pin

When I fire up my Surface Pro 6 (which has face recognition and PIN set up) I often get the error message,
    "Sorry, something went wrong, please sign in with your PIN."
    Has anyone else had this problem, and has a solution been found?
    Googling hasn't unearthed a specific item about this issue.
    It is not specific to my SP6, my previous SP4 had the same issue.
    Sliding the screen up and entering the PIN invariably works, but is an annoyance. I have found that if I touch the screen, sometimes a double (or triple) touch, that the camera usually (not every time) turns on and my face is recognized. If instead of entering my PIN I select face recognition from the sign in options, the camera turns on and I'm recognized.
    I wonder if it is a driver loading sequence.
    I am running Windows Security and Malwarebytes Premium. No other AV or anti-malware.

Version 1809 Build 17763.437

:)

2. Ramon CQ Win User

face recognition and PIN login problem

I have a brand new Microsoft Surface Laptop running Windows 10. After the initial startup and setting of a new PIN and face recognition the it automatically updated. On attempting to login face recognition attempted to engage and login several times until
    that locked as a sign in option. The next logical step is the PIN, but the message on the start screen reads "Your PIN no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. You can setup your PIN again by going to Settings\ Accounts\
    Sign-in options."

This obviously is not accessible as the PIN appears to have been disabled after the update. How do I login to the laptop without a PIN or facial recognition? There is notan option available to reset PIN or password. And, how do I avoid this conundrum in
    the future.

Thank you, RC

Ramon CQ, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Face recognition not working

Hi,

Recently my face recognition stopped working on my laptop and was asking for my pin instead. Since then I have attempted to get it to work again, I’ve reset my pin and attempted to setup face recognition again. The system goes
    through all of the steps, once I hit OK at the end, it exits out the window and applies nothing.

All help would be brilliant,

Many thanks.

NickWoolley94, Apr 17, 2019
  4. RLAR Win User

Improve Windows Hello Face Recognition in Windows 10

Thnx. I did try turning off the "Automatically dismiss the lock screen if we recognize your face" button. (That wording is a little different then your screen is showing.) When I restarted my computer, the face recognition mode came up with a dismiss comment, red lights flashing and it just sat there. Eventually it said welcome, but then the screen went black...for about 10 minutes. I thought I was dead in the water. So kinda chicken to try it again. And chicken to attempt step 2....way out of my league. Maybe under face recognition, above the turn on/off auto face button, I should select "remove," and it would defaut to my pin? Seems odd that something that should be so simple isn't.

Thema:

1. face recognition - Sorry, something went wrong, use pin - Similar Threads - face recognition Sorry

2. Something went wrong with my PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something went wrong with my PIN: I have a problem with my computer, I can't get into it The code is not accepted when I put it they tell me something went wrong and your PIN isn't available status: 0x80090011, substatus: 0x0. And I try to format it and I can't, and I try to delete updates as well, I can't...
  3. Something went wrong with my PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something went wrong with my PIN: I have a problem with my computer, I can't get into it The code is not accepted when I put it they tell me something went wrong and your PIN isn't available status: 0x80090011, substatus: 0x0. And I try to format it and I can't, and I try to delete updates as well, I can't...
  4. sorry something went wrong couldn't turn on the camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    sorry something went wrong couldn't turn on the camera: Hi I am used Microsoft Surface labtop3, I few week ago Window hello used face logon it still work propoly. After update patch Window10, Face logon it not work. I try to remove Window hellp face and set up again . It cannot setup after key PIN and then shown "sorry...
  5. search in Chrome gets "sorry something went wrong..."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    search in Chrome gets "sorry something went wrong...": Every search I do in Chrome does not do the search but issues message "sorry something went wrong at our end..." I open a new tab and the message is repeated. I've cleared browsing data, reset settings. No joy. Any suggestions? Thanks. SweetTasha....
  6. Windows Hello: Sorry - Something went wrong Asking for a pin

Windows Hello: Sorry - Something went wrong Asking for a pin: Hello, I have just recently attempted to improve my Windows Hello recognition. I also changed my windows Hello PIN. After I did this I tried to log in for better recognitions. It says Hi, dismiss the lock screen, but then asks me for the pin which does not normally occur,...
  7. Window Hello face recognition setup - 'Sorry, something went wrong.'

Window Hello face recognition setup - 'Sorry, something went wrong.': Hey, Some time ago function face recognition in Windows Hello stopped working. When I run setup face recognition, I get a message 'Sorry, something went wrong.' I can't delete my remembered faces. I tried to reset the settings as described below but it didn't help....
  8. Trying to use Windows Hello Face Recognition but I get the error of "Something went wrong...

Trying to use Windows Hello Face Recognition but I get the error of "Something went wrong...: Long ass title I know. But I am sick of vague titles and I AM NOT GETTING ANY RESULTS. Let's start from the beginning of my hell. A little while ago I used my laptop (HP 360 Spectre 13t) on a plane and was able to log in with facial recognition. About 3 days later I went to...
  9. Windows Hello "Sorry, something went wrong, please sign in with your PIN"

Windows Hello "Sorry, something went wrong, please sign in with your PIN": Every time I turn on my SP6 when it comes to sign me using Windows hello I get the "Sorry, something went wrong, please sign in with your PIN" If I log out or do a restart it works fine. Only when the SP is powered off & restarted. So I tap the screen and now it's asking...
  10. Sorry, something went wrong. Microsoft Rewards issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sorry, something went wrong. Microsoft Rewards issue: When I try to redeem a $5 Starbucks Gift Card, it gives me the following message: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while. Please help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sorry something went wrong use pin

2. something went wrong please use your pin

3. something went wrong try again later error in wndows hello face recognition

4. face recognition something went wrong