Windows 10: Face Recognition

Discus and support Face Recognition in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My Windows Hello stopped working suddenly. I tried to set it up again but it will not let me take a picture in the Windows Hello setup... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ChristianaChristou, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Face Recognition

My Windows Hello stopped working suddenly. I tried to set it up again but it will not let me take a picture in the Windows Hello setup

:)

ChristianaChristou, Feb 20, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook

Privacy Matters

We’ve continued to engage with privacy experts, academics, regulators and people on Facebook about how we use face recognition and the options you have to control it.

We’ve made the steps to update your settings clearer and you can opt to leave your setting off right in the notice, as opposed to having to go to a separate screen. If you do nothing, face recognition will remain off for you.

Face Recognition face-recognition-notice.png

There’s also an opportunity to review information about our technology and the features it powers so that you can make the choice that’s right for you.

Finally, Facebook’s face recognition technology still does not recognize you to strangers. We don’t share your face recognition information with third parties. We also don’t sell our technology.

These changes will be effective globally starting today.

Source: An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook | Facebook Newsroom

Brink, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook

Privacy Matters

We’ve continued to engage with privacy experts, academics, regulators and people on Facebook about how we use face recognition and the options you have to control it.

We’ve made the steps to update your settings clearer and you can opt to leave your setting off right in the notice, as opposed to having to go to a separate screen. If you do nothing, face recognition will remain off for you.

Face Recognition face-recognition-notice.png

There’s also an opportunity to review information about our technology and the features it powers so that you can make the choice that’s right for you.

Finally, Facebook’s face recognition technology still does not recognize you to strangers. We don’t share your face recognition information with third parties. We also don’t sell our technology.

These changes will be effective globally starting today.

Source: An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook | Facebook Newsroom

Brink, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Face Recognition

Face Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as the facial recognition is accepting your two year old daughter’s face to unlock the Surface. Ideally this should not happen.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to reconfigure/recalibrate Windows Hello with Facial recognition.

1. Login to surface on your account.
    2. Press Windows + I key to open
      Settings
    3. Click on Accounts and then
      Sign in options.
    4. In that see Section
      Face Recognition and then select Remove.
    5. Restart the PC and login with PIN or Password.
    6. Then Press
      Windows + I key to open Settings.
    7. Click on Accounts and then
      Sign in options.
    8. In that see Section
      Face Recognition and then select Set up.

Note: Make sure when you are setting up the facial recognition, your daughter or any other person should not be in front of the PC.

As an additional information, you can refer this doc article:
    Windows Hello face authentication

Hope it helps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

Face Recognition

1. Face Recognition - Similar Threads - Face Recognition

2. face recognition or Sign in through internet not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    face recognition or Sign in through internet not working: My windows page will only allow me to login with face recognition or Sign in through internet. Neither option is working. How can I get into my computer?...
  3. face recognition or Sign in through internet not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    face recognition or Sign in through internet not working: My windows page will only allow me to login with face recognition or Sign in through internet. Neither option is working. How can I get into my computer?...
  4. face recognition or Sign in through internet not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Face recognition does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Face recognition does not work: Hello, recently I can't login with face recognition anymore. Windows also asks for a pincode. When I go to the procedure to make a pincode, Windows thereafter says there is a mistake, please try it later. I've tried many times but the problem is still there. Can somebody help...
  6. Face recognition does not work

Face recognition does not work: Hello, recently I can't login with face recognition anymore. Windows also asks for a pincode. When I go to the procedure to make a pincode, Windows thereafter says there is a mistake, please try it later. I've tried many times but the problem is still there. Can somebody help...
  7. Windows hello biometrics and face recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello biometrics and face recognition: Hello,I have a Dell Latitude 5300 2in 1Online my laptop says that it supports windows hello for fingerprint and face ID,However, in settings it says its unable to find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello and the same but with face recognition. SEE PHOTOI have...
  8. Windows hello biometrics and face recognition

Windows hello biometrics and face recognition: Hello,I have a Dell Latitude 5300 2in 1Online my laptop says that it supports windows hello for fingerprint and face ID,However, in settings it says its unable to find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello and the same but with face recognition. SEE PHOTOI have...
  9. Why did my fingerprint sign-in and face recognition suddenly stop working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my fingerprint sign-in and face recognition suddenly stop working?: I've been using my 11th generation Ideapad Slim 7 laptop for about 1.5 years, and it's been great. However, around 2 months ago, both the fingerprint sign-in and face recognition suddenly stopped working. Now, I have to enter a password every time I want to use my laptop....
  10. Why did my fingerprint sign-in and face recognition suddenly stop working?

Why did my fingerprint sign-in and face recognition suddenly stop working?: I've been using my 11th generation Ideapad Slim 7 laptop for about 1.5 years, and it's been great. However, around 2 months ago, both the fingerprint sign-in and face recognition suddenly stopped working. Now, I have to enter a password every time I want to use my laptop....