Windows 10: Face Recogniton Not Working (Hello Face)

Discus and support Face Recogniton Not Working (Hello Face) in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My face recognition software was working fine. Yesterday I turned on my laptop and I received an error message that the face recognition was not... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JeffreyNykerk, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Face Recogniton Not Working (Hello Face)

My face recognition software was working fine. Yesterday I turned on my laptop and I received an error message that the face recognition was not working and to use my pin.

I opened device manager and updated the version of the items under Camera and Biometric Devices. That didn't fix it. I uninstalled the item under Biometric Devices, but did NOT check to remove the file from my computer. I then hit rescan thinking the Biometric Devices would re-appear, and it did NOT.

I spoke with Windows 10 support and they said there is a bug in the latest build. However, I had Biometric Devices in the Device Manager after the Windows update. How can I add it back in with Windows 10 Home? Gpedit.msc is not recognized on my laptop.

Any other suggestions?

Win 10 Home

Version 1903

Build 18362.175

:)

JeffreyNykerk, Jun 29, 2019
  2. Edwin Win User

windows hello face problem...

List of Windows Hello supported Dell Laptops:

Face Recogniton Not Working (Hello Face) [​IMG]

Edwin, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Face Recogniton Not Working (Hello Face)

My face recognition software was working fine. Yesterday I turned on my laptop and I received an error message that the face recognition was not working and to use my pin.

I opened device manager and updated the version of the items under Camera and Biometric Devices. That didn't fix it. I uninstalled the item under Biometric Devices, but did NOT check to remove the file from my computer. I then hit rescan thinking the Biometric
    Devices would re-appear, and it did NOT.

I spoke with Windows 10 support and they said there is a bug in the latest build. However, I had Biometric Devices in the Device Manager after the Windows update. How can I add it back in with Windows 10 Home? Gpedit.msc is not recognized on my laptop.

Any other suggestions?

Win 10 Home

Version 1903

Build 18362.175

JeffreyNykerk, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Face Recogniton Not Working (Hello Face)

windows hello face problem...

i have a webcam intergrated on my machine
    biometrics service running...

windows hello face gives me this message:
    you do not have a camera on this device to use for windows hello face

any ideas?

Steven Campoli, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

Face Recogniton Not Working (Hello Face)

1. Face Recogniton Not Working (Hello Face) - Similar Threads - Face Recogniton Working

2. Windows Hello Face Not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Face Not working: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 series laptop. I recently updated it to the latest windows 10 21h2 version. When opened the windows hello face option it shows this option is currently unavailable. I tried editing in the group policy editor. But the problem didn't resolve....
  3. Hello face?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hello face?: Why does my teams account now require me to enter a "hello face" pin number when I have never used "hello face", never heard of "hello face", never set a pin number for "hello face" and not actually got "hello face" on my computer? Totally baffling that I am now told to type...
  4. Hello Face

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Face: My camera works on my hp envy. I can take pictures, I can zoom. I CANNOT get Hello Face to recognize I have a camera. It says it can't find a camera compatible. I had hello face before on this same practically new computer. Please help....
  5. hello face

hello face: windows hello face is showing it's currently unavailable we couldnot find camera compatible with windows hello face help me sorting this out! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-face/37899076-cf89-4e8b-beb7-2fb317d5f77a
  6. windows hello face not working

windows hello face not working: hello i have been having a problem with windows hello for quite a while now and whenever i try and fix it the problem is still there. whenever i try logging in with windows hello face it says "Before you can start using windows hello, you have to set up a pin" even though i...
  7. hello face

in Windows 10 Customization
    hello face: it says that no compatible camera found but I do have a webcam and it works just fine what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-face/012ad146-955f-4a25-a44e-43066244f38c
  8. windows hello face not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows hello face not working: hello my windows hello face is not working. when ever i tried to setup hello face it shows [ATTACH] but according to my laptop is compatible of this my laptop is dell vostro 15 3000....
  9. hello face

hello face: hey pipls… my window hello face isn't working \ whenever I try to set up the hello face sign in option, there is an error saying that the camera isn't compatible with window hello face. The camera doesn't have any problem and I do have updated the files, but its still not...
  10. Hello Face

Hello Face: Hi, I accidentally deleted hello Face from my computer. can you please help to re-install it? Below I put everything I could think of that you may need to help with this problem. Thank you, Jason Dell XPS 15 Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8705G CPU @ 3.10GHz Windows...