Windows 10: Facebook Announces New Tools to Better Control Bullying and Harassment

Discus and support Facebook Announces New Tools to Better Control Bullying and Harassment in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Everyone deserves to feel safe on Facebook, and it’s important that we help people who encounter bullying and harassment online. Today, we’re... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Facebook Announces New Tools to Better Control Bullying and Harassment

People will also be able to appeal decisions on cases involving bullying and harassment. Earlier this year we announced a process that allows people to request another review of their photo, video or post that has been taken down for violating our Community Standards for nudity, sexual activity, hate speech or graphic violence. We have now extended these reviews to bullying and harassment violations – this means that if your content has been taken down for bullying or harassment, you will have the opportunity to request another review. And if you’ve reported a piece of content for bullying or harassment, and we don’t take it down after our initial review, you’ll soon be able to ask for a second review if you think we made a mistake.

Better Protections for Public Figures

Our bullying and harassment policies protect private individuals, but we permit open and critical discussion of people who are featured in the news or have a large public audience based on their profession or chosen activities. We’ve talked to people who use Facebook as well as safety experts to find ways we can better protect these public figures from harassment. Earlier this year, we expanded our policies to guard against the harassment of young public figures on Facebook. In the coming weeks, we will further expand our policies to better protect public figures against harassment regardless of age. For example, severe attacks that directly engage a public figure will not be allowed under the new policy. If anyone experiences unwanted behavior on Facebook, they can report the person who is bullying or harassing them, anonymously ignore unwanted messages, and block someone without them being notified.

Partnerships and Education

People around the world participate in Facebook’s online safety and anti-bullying programs, built in partnership with experts and community organizations. We recently introduced a new partnership with the National Parent Teachers Association in the US to facilitate 200 community events in cities in every state to address tech-related challenges faced by families, including bullying prevention. Working with partners, we also offer a peer-to-peer online safety and anti-bullying program to every secondary school in the UK. And we support a program in India that has educated tens of thousands of young people about online safety, thoughtful sharing, and privacy and security.

We hope the additional steps we’re taking will help people who face bullying and harassment on Facebook. We know our job is never done when it comes to keeping people safe, and we’ll continue listening to feedback on how we can build better tools and improve our policies.

Visit our Bullying Prevention Hub to learn more.

Source: Protecting People from Bullying and Harassment | Facebook Newsroom

:)

Brink, Oct 2, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Facebook Announcing New Tools to Prevent Harassment

Source: New Tools to Prevent Harassment | Facebook Newsroom

Brink, Oct 2, 2018
  3. does Xbox and Microsoft promote online bullying and harassment?

so as you know microsoft is responsible for xbox and xbox live, with this new generation of gaming they came out with something new. the "xbox live enforcement team" and it is nothing more than regular people who are participating in "keeping the comunity
    "clean" and "safe"... or so they thought. but intern they created something much worse. they have created a gaming community that is run by bullies and people who love to harass people. with the new system the "enforcement team" reads the complaints against
    a person through the person(s) who filed a report agaisnt the person. was a xbox player for many many years, i have had xbox live for 6 years and just paid 60$ for a 7th year. but less than a month after i get a communication suspention. for no reason i had
    not harrassed anyone, i had not cursed, i had not used homophobic slurs. i have not done anything wrong.. unless you call lery very light trash talk wrong. such as saying someone needs to get good, or get some skill. or say they are trash at the game. even
    the enforcement team told me they allowed it because i still have a report saying they do if you would want to proof to it. but that wasnt my first offence. my very first offence happened in 2015 when a group of people got together and reported me until i
    was suspended from xbox live for 2 weeks. even after i had done nothing and bocked them and reported them for false reports. but xbox did nothing agaisnt them even though they followed me around and bullied me in game and harassed me constantly. the next offence
    was just for a very minor message. telling a player to play the objective (ptfo) nothing more. an acronym got me communication suspended? tell me would anyone get in trouble for that in real life? no they wouldnt unless they were in grade school but considering
    the game was rated 18+ they are adults. and the rest are for things as stupid as the previous things. so this leads me to now where my account has been targeted by bullies and harrasers who are just mad that i am actually good at gaming and who have all reported
    me for no reason other than to get me off xbox. now my account has been permantly banned for no reason. so does xbox give the power to the bullies and harassers on xbox who can cause serious repercussions on people who have done nothing? and why does microsoft
    allow this to happen? i thought they cared about the customers and the safety of the people who use their products. im upset that i will not be able to play on my xbox profile again. but im even more sad that microsoft and xbox doesnt care enough about the
    comunities they create to stop bullies and harassers, but instead they allow them to group up and then get good players suspended or banned. also i would ask that my xbox account would be unbanned so i can return to console i enjoy and have used for many many
    years.

paradoxed117, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Introducing New Tools for Facebook Fundraisers

Facebook Announces New Tools to Better Control Bullying and Harassment side-by-side-1.png

More Ways to Make an Impact for Personal Causes

People on Facebook have raised money for many personal causes, including loved ones who need critical surgery, teachers needing school supplies for their students, and families in need after losing everything in a fire. We’ve added more categories for fundraisers for personal causes to give people more options to raise critical funds for themselves, a friend, or something or someone not on Facebook.

Based on feedback from our community, we’re adding fundraiser categories for family (like adoption or new baby supplies), faith (like missions or religious community events), travel (like educational trips or travel for medical needs), and volunteering (like volunteer programs or supplies) causes. We’ve already seen examples of people using these new categories, like Lauren Pyskoty who started a fundraiser to support her first mission trip and raised $1,328. These are in addition to existing categories for personal fundraisers: community projects/groups, sports/competitions, education, medical, pets/animals, personal emergency, crisis relief, and memorial/loss.

We’re inspired by the many ways people have come together to support one another. In the coming weeks, we’re eliminating the platform fee on all fundraisers for personal causes, so that people can maximize their fundraising support. There will still be a small fee charged for payment processing and applicable taxes.

To create a fundraiser for a nonprofit or a personal cause, visit facebook.com/fundraisersor tap the Fundraisers bookmark on your Facebook app. You can choose the cause you want to support, share why it’s important to you, and follow the steps to set up your goal.

We know people care a lot about the organizations and causes they support. We’re grateful for their passion and for the feedback that helps us build better tools to help them reach their fundraising goals.

Downloads:

Source: Introducing New Tools for Facebook Fundraisers | Facebook Newsroom

Brink, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Facebook Announces New Tools to Better Control Bullying and Harassment - Similar Threads - Facebook Announces Tools

2. HOW DO THE MODERATORS DETERMINE WHAT IS OR IS NOT CONSIDERED BULLYING AND/OR HARASSMENT...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW DO THE MODERATORS DETERMINE WHAT IS OR IS NOT CONSIDERED BULLYING AND/OR HARASSMENT...: How do the moderators determine what is or is not bullying and/or harassment? It's very ambiguous. I tried posting a response to a comment and it got flagged as bullying and harassment. None of that was true. Why are keywords used in a comment deemed as bullying or harassment...
  3. HOW DO THE MODERATORS DETERMINE WHAT IS OR IS NOT CONSIDERED BULLYING AND/OR HARASSMENT...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW DO THE MODERATORS DETERMINE WHAT IS OR IS NOT CONSIDERED BULLYING AND/OR HARASSMENT...: How do the moderators determine what is or is not bullying and/or harassment? It's very ambiguous. I tried posting a response to a comment and it got flagged as bullying and harassment. None of that was true. Why are keywords used in a comment deemed as bullying or harassment...
  4. New Facebook Oversight Board announces its first members

in Windows 10 News
    New Facebook Oversight Board announces its first members: [ATTACH] Today, Facebook’s new Oversight Board announces its first members, marking a fundamental change in the way some of the most difficult and significant decisions around content on our platforms will be made. As Mark Zuckerberg put it when he first...
  5. Announcing the new Bing Webmaster Tools

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing the new Bing Webmaster Tools: Over the last few months, we have heard from the webmaster ecosystem that Bing Webmaster Tools user interface is slow and outdated. With our user first focus, we have taken your feedback and have been working on modernizing the tools. We are delighted to announce the first...
  6. Instagram Announces New Restrict Feature to Deal With Online Bullying

in Windows 10 News
    Instagram Announces New Restrict Feature to Deal With Online Bullying: Our mission is to connect you with the people and things you love, which only works if people feel comfortable expressing themselves on Instagram. We know bullying is a challenge many face, particularly young people. We are committed to leading the industry in the fight...
  7. Facebook announces new Calibra digital wallet for Libra cryptocurrency

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook announces new Calibra digital wallet for Libra cryptocurrency: [ATTACH] A New Digital Wallet for a New Digital Currency Today we’re sharing plans for Calibra, a newly formed Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide financial services that will let people access and participate in the Libra network. The first product Calibra will...
  8. New Tools to Manage Your Time on Facebook and Instagram

in Windows 10 News
    New Tools to Manage Your Time on Facebook and Instagram: Today we are announcing new tools to help people manage their time on Facebook and Instagram: an activity dashboard, a daily reminder and a new way to limit notifications. We developed these tools based on collaboration and inspiration from leading mental health experts and...
  9. Facebook Announcing New Tools to Prevent Harassment

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook Announcing New Tools to Prevent Harassment: Today we are announcing new tools to prevent harassment on Facebook and in Messenger – part of our ongoing efforts to build a safe community. Based on feedback from people who use Facebook, as well as organizations representing groups who disproportionately experience...
  10. Introducing New Tools for Facebook Fundraisers

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing New Tools for Facebook Fundraisers: Every day, people start Facebook Fundraisers to support the causes that matter to them. Today, we’re announcing new features to make your fundraisers more impactful: People can pledge to match donations to their nonprofit fundraiser. This is a first of its kind tool in...