Windows 10: facebook app crashing.

Discus and support facebook app crashing. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys. After upgrading to the latest build my facebook app in windows 10 keeps crashing roughly 5 seconds after starting it. Does anyone know the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Marko1401, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Marko1401 Win User

facebook app crashing.

Hi guys. After upgrading to the latest build my facebook app in windows 10 keeps crashing roughly 5 seconds after starting it. Does anyone know the cause?

I dont mind this particular problem but it is iritating...

Sfc shows no integrity violations. What could this be? corrupt win user profile?

This is getting to be a drag

:)

Marko1401, Nov 26, 2015

2. Facebook app crashing, Exception code: 0xc000027b

I experienced same issue. And, I just knowing something about this issue (0xc000027b).

In last few days, I can't use facebook app 'cause it crashing after few seconds.

Today, Facebook app lost my login information. So, I made new login.

As result, Facebook app launched without crashing issue. But, If I made scroll down to old contents (news feed), it's crashing again. I think this issue 'caused by it's contents. If facebook app once crashed, Facebook app will be crashed continuously because
    app reads local cached contents.

Anthony T. Kim, Nov 26, 2015
  3. Facebook app on windows 10 crash immedietly.

Started happening to me too. About two weeks ago Facebook Beta started crashing on startup. I then downloaded the normal Facebook app and all was okay. Then a few days back there was an update and it now crashes on startup. The new Facebook Messenger app
    crashes on startup as well.

I have tried uninstall and reinstall and also Microsoft App Troubleshooter - nothing fixes the issue.

mikeyjames1967, Nov 26, 2015
  4. chideock Win User

facebook app crashing.

chideock, Nov 27, 2015
  5. Marko1401 Win User
    Does not solve my problem. the app crashes all the time.

Marko1401, Nov 27, 2015
  6. Have you tried uninstall it and then download and install it again.
    Uninstall it through the Start Menu
    Download and install it through the Store App
    That should work ok

hTconeM9user, Nov 27, 2015
  7. Marko1401 Win User
    Yeah, first thing I did. Nada. Still crashes.
    But I noticed that app kept user data, so that my be a problem too.
    Any way to completely clear it? and then reinstall?

Marko1401, Nov 27, 2015
  8. facebook app crashing.

See my post above yours
    I have posted how to uninstall it
    Then reinstall it again.
    Go to start
    Then All Apps
    Scroll down to find face book
    Right click and it will you will see that you can uninstall it.
    Once uninstalled
    Go to Store
    Find Apps
    There you will find Face Book
    Then just download and install it
    That should then allow you to log onto face book
    If you get stuck once you are on Face Book
    I will try and help you more

9. chideock Win User
    My wife has same problem with the App. No fix yet after doing all of the suggestions above and in the other thread. IMHO it is a buggy app.

chideock, Nov 27, 2015
  10. Sorry about that.
    I myself finds it works ok but I am using Browser Edge.
    Don't know what else to suggest
    Only is all your drivers up to date

11. chideock Win User
    Using any browser for Facebook works Ok
    But - the windows 10 App for Facebook does not.

Oh well just use a browser!!!!

chideock, Nov 27, 2015
  12. Ok have tried mine and it works from both,
    What I have to do through the App is go to my profile click on it
    Then scroll down till I find Activity Log and that takes me to the face book I use when I go through my browser.

13. Almighty1 Win User

facebook app crashing.

1) Uninstall/delete the app
    2) Delete the folder in C:\Users\<$username>\AppData\Local\Packages for the app
    3) install app

Almighty1, Nov 28, 2015
  14. chideock Win User
    App does not stay open long enough to do anything

chideock, Nov 28, 2015
  15. chideock Win User
    Will give that a try. Let you know what happens.

chideock, Nov 28, 2015
Thema:

facebook app crashing.

1. facebook app crashing. - Similar Threads - facebook app crashing

2. Facebook Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Facebook Keeps Crashing: Hi everyone. I have a problem with Facebook, every time I open Facebook it shuts the browser unexpectedly. I don't know why but every other site works just fine. I use Microsoft Edge ( Chromium ) I have a stable version, it does the same with Facebook and even Google Chrome...
  3. Facebook messenger app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook messenger app: The facebook messenger app keeps saying "an error has occurred when trying to get access to microphone: hardware access error" However it only says this when I try to do a video call. when I go an audio call it won't let me turn on my camera. I've made sure both are turned on...
  4. Facebook APP

Facebook APP: WHY would you stop supporting this APP on Windows10??? Poor decision. NOT happy! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-app/7790bb2b-37c5-485b-a0e5-c466bab256d2
  5. Facebook APP

Facebook APP: hi i have a problem i have install Facebook in my desktop when i try to go to the group part it wont load i try to reset and uninstall the application but nothing change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-app/8aab7373-bd80-4adf-b528-d8e999f02cf8
  6. Windows Facebook app

Windows Facebook app: Recently got a new laptop with Windows 10 in Safe Mode installed. I installed the Windows FB app and am having some problems. 1. When there is an abundance of comments and some are hidden with the message "see # more comments". I cannot open these comments 2. Emojis are...
  7. Store App, Facebook app, and Facebook Messenger app are all unresponsive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store App, Facebook app, and Facebook Messenger app are all unresponsive: The apps in the subject line don't open. They're on the screen, but suddenly aren't. I forgot the word for it... but CAN try demonstrating what I mean via photos (attached). [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I hope you understand what I mean. If you need further clarification, I'd...
  8. facebook app on win 10 crashes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    facebook app on win 10 crashes: i have tried to open it several time but it closed after 2 seconds. I cannot log in. some windows app had facebook profile connected to the game and now i cannot log in with my infos. what has happened to the facebook app?...
  9. Facebook app for Windows 10 keeps crashing

Facebook app for Windows 10 keeps crashing: This has been happening quite a lot here lately. But today, it's much worse. Every time I try to open the Facebook app for Windows 10, it crashes. Is there any way I can fix it? I know uninstalling and reinstalling might help, but I figured I would come here to see if y'all...
  10. Facebook App Notifications

Facebook App Notifications: Hi, Hoping someone with knowledge of Facebook can help (not sure if its the App or FB in general, not a big user of it) I like the way the app integrates so use this over the website, but i keep getting a message in Action Centre about unread Notifications Today it...