Windows 10: Facebook app for Windows 10 keeps crashing

Discus and support Facebook app for Windows 10 keeps crashing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This has been happening quite a lot here lately. But today, it's much worse. Every time I try to open the Facebook app for Windows 10, it crashes. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jesse Williams, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Facebook app for Windows 10 keeps crashing

This has been happening quite a lot here lately. But today, it's much worse. Every time I try to open the Facebook app for Windows 10, it crashes. Is there any way I can fix it? I know uninstalling and reinstalling might help, but I figured I would come here to see if y'all might have other suggestions.

:)

Jesse Williams, Jun 14, 2016

2. Facebook App on Windows 10 computers keeps crashing

Facebook keeps crashing. Fix is to uninstall facebook and then reinstall it!
    I tried that and it still keeps crashing

any other ideas?

I think they should put out an update to fix this issue

Stephen J. Mayer, Jun 14, 2016
  3. Facebook App on Windows 10 computers keeps crashing

Facebook keeps crashing. Fix is to uninstall facebook and then reinstall it!

MitchellCrompton, Jun 14, 2016
  4. Facebook app for Windows 10 keeps crashing

Bump! I hope I made myself logical. Sounded like it made sense to me.

5. davidhk Win User
    I don't use facebook because I do NOT trust it.
    To me, it's just a glorified Gossip Column.

I have a newbie question to ask : Is there such a thing as facebook desktop version ?
    What I mean is ....................
    Instead of using the fb app from the Store, how about uninstall it.
    Go the website > google for fb > sign up.

Will that makes a difference ?
    Remember, I don't use fb. My question can be totally irrelevant.

davidhk, Jun 14, 2016
  6. RWOne Win User
    You're hardware is giving you a hint ....

AFAIK no universal W10 desktop FB app yet. One can always bookmark and use the website itself.

I hate FB as well...

" I know uninstalling and reinstalling might help, but I figured I would come here to see if y'all might have other suggestions."

Uninstall and reinstall, report back if the issue remains.

RWOne, Jun 14, 2016
  7. Okay. Will do! Thank y'all.

8. Facebook app for Windows 10 keeps crashing

yeah I agree on your Facebook definition. I don't care what someone had for dinner earlier and it always spoils sports results or television twists because someone blurts it!!! I use it only very sparingly now.

Scottyboy99, Jun 14, 2016
  9. Well, I like Facebook. It keeps me up to date with what is going on with my family and friends whom I don't see that often. I did fix the problem as y'all suggested by deleting the app and reinstalling.

Jesse Williams, Jun 15, 2016
  10. Winuser Win User
    Glad to hear that uninstalling and reinstalling the app worked. I always access Facebook through my browser.

Winuser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Facebook app for Windows 10 keeps crashing

1. Facebook app for Windows 10 keeps crashing - Similar Threads - Facebook app keeps

2. Facebook Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Facebook Keeps Crashing: Hi everyone. I have a problem with Facebook, every time I open Facebook it shuts the browser unexpectedly. I don't know why but every other site works just fine. I use Microsoft Edge ( Chromium ) I have a stable version, it does the same with Facebook and even Google Chrome...
  3. Facebook app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Facebook app on Windows 10: hello, I looked for Facebook app on Microsoft App store. They only have the Messenger App. I hesitate to download from 3rd party. please advise. thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-app-on-windows-10/876b76bf-1ab2-4105-971e-b30729b0eceb
  4. Facebook App for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook App for Windows 10: when I click on the Facebook App shortcut on my desktop I get the message "App No Longer Available - The Facebook app for Windows is no longer available. Please go to www.facebook.com in your browser." When I do that Facebook opens in my Microsoft Edge browser. Is Facebook...
  5. windows 10 apps keep crashing

windows 10 apps keep crashing: For over a year now, my programs will start crashing. When they do, it shuts all of them off. Afterward, even settings are running out of whack. I run the windows store apps troubleshooter first. Most of the time, it will fix it on the first attempt. However, if it has...
  6. Windows 10 Facebook App

Windows 10 Facebook App: Hi, Windows 10 Facebook App was working fine. It suddenly stopped working, below Error message from Event Viewer. Faulting application name: WinUAPEntry.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c70abde Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.356, time...
  7. Windows 10 apps keep crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 apps keep crashing: My windows 10 apps (Mail, Help, Microsoft Store, etc.) all crash at launch. I can select one, say mail, the splash screen pops up and very briefly(~100ms) a white screen appears behind the app and then both close. I can never see the white screen as its just a flash behind...
  8. facebook app on win 10 crashes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    facebook app on win 10 crashes: i have tried to open it several time but it closed after 2 seconds. I cannot log in. some windows app had facebook profile connected to the game and now i cannot log in with my infos. what has happened to the facebook app?...
  9. facebook app crashing.

facebook app crashing.: Hi guys. After upgrading to the latest build my facebook app in windows 10 keeps crashing roughly 5 seconds after starting it. Does anyone know the cause? I dont mind this particular problem but it is iritating... Sfc shows no integrity violations. What could this be?...
  10. Windows 10 Facebook & Messenger Apps

Windows 10 Facebook & Messenger Apps: Hi All Just touching base on Windows 10 Facebook & Messenger Apps. They still aren't working on my end. Even after the latest update. Which was Sat 15/10/ 2016. Any suggestions & ideas, would be appreciated. Thankyou. Cheers & Good Day....... *Smile *Smile *Smile...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. facebook keeps crashing windows 10

2. facebook app crashes windows 10

3. facebook app crashing on windows 10

4. facebook keeps crashing on my desktop,
  5. facebook app crashing windows 10,
  6. facebook crashes on windows 10,
  7. windows 10 keeps closing facebook and other apps,
  8. FACEBOOK IS CRASHING ON MY SURFACE PRO,
  9. facebook crashing on windows 10,
  10. windowsphone facebook crashing,
  11. facebook windows 10 app,