Windows 10: Facebook App video links will not display when played.

Discus and support Facebook App video links will not display when played. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using the Facebook app from the Microsoft store. When I browse through the news feed or home page, whatever it is called, the posts that have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cobra7au, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Cobra7au Win User

Facebook App video links will not display when played.

I am using the Facebook app from the Microsoft store. When I browse through the news feed or home page, whatever it is called, the posts that have a video attached, scroll up and as they start to appear on the screen I see the image clearly, but then when the whole window is on the page, it is just a black screen. I have audio and if I move the mouse around a little sometimes I see a flicker of the video. If I enlarge it nothing changes except the size of the black square. When I scroll further down and this video now exits of the screen at the top of the page and half of the window is gone, the video is now partially visible again.
    I have updated every driver on my system, using "Driver Easy", one of the first to actually work I must say. Anyhow my system starts way faster and runs much better, but nothing helps the video playing issue.
    Outside of the Facebook App, there is no problem and even to the point of launching Facebook in a browser, when I follow the same tasks, I can actually see the videos running. It would however be good if I can solve the App issue as I find it more convenient and there are a few benefits to it over the browser version.
    If anyone has an answer as to why this issue is occurring and a remedy, I would appreciate it.

Jeff

:)

Cobra7au, Sep 12, 2017

2. can't download file windows phone doesn't support this file type

I have 2 Samsung Focus WP7 phones with YouTube and Facebook apps installed. When I click on a YouTube link from the Facebook app sometimes the video plays but most of the time IE opens a new tab with the YouTube link and I get a message which reads "can't
    download file windows phone doesn't support this file type". The Facebook app does show a thumbnail/snapshot of the video but doesn't have the play icon on it.

On one focus I have the lazyworm installed.

One device points to desktop versions of sites and the other to mobile versions.

How can I see all the YouTube videos from the Facebook app using my wp7 phone?

I use Win 7 with Zune installed although don't see how that will matter. I did some searching and verified that the embedded videos on some websites play correctly when I click the thumbnail but it doesn't happen from within the Facebook app.

This is annoying to say the least and a very big disadvantage.

Amit Nangare, Sep 12, 2017
  3. Why don't YouTube links work in Facebook app?

**I want to preface this post by pointing out that the Facebook app for Windows Phone is developed by Microsoft and so regardless of if this is a problem with the app or the OS, I believe it is appropriate to be brought up in this forum. Furthermore,
    I believe this could be fixed either in the OS or in the app.

Steps to reproduce:
    1) Install YouTube and Facebook apps from Marketplace
    2) Launch Facebook app
    3) Find (or create, then find) a wall post that links to a YouTube video
    4) Click on the video link

Expected Result: Video plays

Actual Result: Page loads informing user that the phone can't handle the type of file being downloaded

Additional notes: If you open a YouTube video link from the "What's New" feed, the video will play. There seems to be a problem with either the OS knowing that the file coming in from the Facebook app can be handled by the YouTube player or the Facebook
    app not calling the right URL or API to open the link so that the OS handles it properly.

I think this is a fairly easy-to-fix bug that would resolve a pretty visible malfunction. My friends and I exchange video links via Facebook regularly and the current behavior leads users to believe WP7 doesn't support YouTube videos, even if they download
    the YouTube app. This may be why the YouTube app has such low ratings in the marketplace.

Philthy1402, Sep 12, 2017
Thema:

Facebook App video links will not display when played.

1. Facebook App video links will not display when played. - Similar Threads - Facebook App video

2. wifi keeps disconnecting when using youtube or playing videos on facebook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi keeps disconnecting when using youtube or playing videos on facebook: hey. i have a big problem whenever i try to watch youtube or do other heavy stuf, my internet then just suddenly disconects. i have tried multiple things without any successLike i've tried a lot of things but it still keeps happening. i don't know when this started to happen...
  3. wifi keeps disconnecting when using youtube or playing videos on facebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi keeps disconnecting when using youtube or playing videos on facebook: hey. i have a big problem whenever i try to watch youtube or do other heavy stuf, my internet then just suddenly disconects. i have tried multiple things without any successLike i've tried a lot of things but it still keeps happening. i don't know when this started to happen...
  4. wifi keeps disconnecting when using youtube or playing videos on facebook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. problem displaying phots or playing back videos in facebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem displaying phots or playing back videos in facebook: think the problem is facebook is locked to 2.4ghs wifi speed so if your wifi had-s the higher speed facebook has a problem wit ht he connectivity.....facebook is stupid this guy Zucjkerburg neglects to solve this type of problem, he hires stupid support, since he has alrady...
  6. Problem with display when playing video games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with display when playing video games.: Hello, I have a gaming laptop and I have an annoying problem with the display for some time. Whenever my laptop is plugged in charger and running any game assassin's creed for example my screen goes dim. However when it's not plugged in, the brightness of my screen stays...
  7. Color is changing when playing video on Facebook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Color is changing when playing video on Facebook: The color of video changes when I play it on Facebook, it fades and sometimes turns black and white. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-is-changing-when-playing-video-on-facebook/4f9027aa-2c00-4205-be25-5ee005b50e50
  8. regarding playing videos and showing photos on facebook

in Windows 10 Customization
    regarding playing videos and showing photos on facebook: Hi I do not know what has happened, but suddenly my computer will not show photos or play videos on facebook. The videos on Youtube is ok, but the picture is a bit blurry...
  9. Video won't play in Facebook, Amazon Video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video won't play in Facebook, Amazon Video: I have a new Dell laptop with Windows 10. I can't get any video to play on Facebook and Streaming services, have waded through multiple help pages and cannot find a solution....
  10. Not all Videos Play on Facebook

in Browsers and Email
    Not all Videos Play on Facebook: Upgraded a Windows 7 desktop to Windows 10, now many videos do not play. The screen is green but the sound plays. Any suggestions? It seems to be on Facebook only. 15093