Windows 10: facebook closing firefox when I type

Discus and support facebook closing firefox when I type in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi, facebook closes firefox when I am typing. all my text is lost. I have to continually copy what I've typed every couple of sentences. then reopen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kibbeegary, May 11, 2019.

1. facebook closing firefox when I type

hi, facebook closes firefox when I am typing. all my text is lost. I have to continually copy what I've typed every couple of sentences. then reopen firefox and FB and paste it in. I can't find anyone else with the same problem. windows 10. Icould not find a topic that fits my question. please help... thank you!

:)

kibbeegary, May 11, 2019

2. Unable to load the Facebook page completely on Chrome and Firefox browsers on Windows 10.

Hello Janne,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you have trouble accessing the Facebook webpage on Chrome and Firefox browser, and similar issue persists on desktop and laptop but not on iPad or phone. The issue persists even after clearing the cache, uninstalling
    and re-installing the Chrome browser.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if similar issue persists on Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer browser?
    • Does the issue persists only on Facebook webpage?

You may be facing the above issue due to the browser components conflicting with the internet connection or the internet connection received on the computer on connecting to the webpage

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists on logging in into the Facebook social webpage using Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer browser. Also check if similar issue persists on logging in into other social accounts using Chrome or Firefox
    browser.

Step 1: If the issue persists on other social networking webpages also, run the
    Internet connection troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is fixed.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Internet Connections,
      click on Advanced and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooter to complete.
    • Check the status after the troubleshooting is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: If the issue persists only on using Facebook webpage, I suggest you to get in touch with the Facebook support forum group for further assistance as you have already contacted them before.

http://www.facebook.com/help/community/

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 11, 2019
  3. caperjack Win User
    facebook locks up

thank you for the info ,did as suggested ,but cant check it out till I use facebook for chat again .*Cool

caperjack, May 11, 2019
  4. facebook closing firefox when I type

Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, May 11, 2019
Thema:

facebook closing firefox when I type

1. facebook closing firefox when I type - Similar Threads - facebook closing firefox

2. search automatically close when typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search automatically close when typing: I have a sudden issue on my Windows. My search box automatically close when typing. It is weird and I cant do anything on it. How can I address it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-automatically-close-when-typing/ca3cf3b9-5d8b-469f-8f14-72deb8e74208
  3. When I type in the taskbar it immediately closes?

in Cortana
    When I type in the taskbar it immediately closes?: Whenever I try to type in the search menu it closes, when I open settings via right clicking on the desktop and clicking display settings, there is a black bar outlining the about section. When I try to open the search, it just refuses to open. It also happens with right...
  4. Browsers closing when I type!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Browsers closing when I type!: When I type in a browser I use Chrome something in the Keystroke closes the browser. I have tried using Firefox, Edge and Explorer with the exact same results. I can type in an app that is not on a browser and there is no issue. Do I need to do a reset? Frustrated!...
  5. Mozilla Facebook Container extension for Firefox

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla Facebook Container extension for Firefox: Even with the ongoing #deletefacebook movement, not everyone is willing to completely walk away from the connections they’ve made on the social platform. After all, Facebook — and its subsidiary Instagram — is where the mountain biking club...
  6. Facebook videos crashing Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Facebook videos crashing Firefox: Hi, folks Since 2 weeks videos in FB which are being played automatically crash the browser for couple of seconds. Then I have to refresh it. I am using not the latest drivers for AMD and Intel but also with the newest it is still the same. Can anyone please tell me what...
  7. Facebook videos crashing Firefox

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Facebook videos crashing Firefox: Hi, folks Since 2 weeks videos in FB which are being played automatically crash the browser for couple of seconds. Then I have to refresh it. I am using not the latest drivers for AMD and Intel but also with the newest it is still the same. Can anyone please tell me what...
  8. Problems posting on Facebook with Firefox.

in Browsers and Email
    Problems posting on Facebook with Firefox.: I'd stopped using Firefox on my laptop for several month's due to multiple issues. However, yesterday I opened FF and everything was working fine. I started posting on FB and everything worked perfectly, then one of my posts just disappeared (the primary reason I stopped...
  9. Firefox Keeps Closing

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Keeps Closing: The last 2 days FF keeps closing after 1-2mins. I don't even get the crash report now it just closes and upon opening it takes me the restore session. I have done a fresh install of it deleting all known traces of FF and although better it still closes but now maybe...
  10. New Facebook Container Extension for Firefox

in Windows 10 News
    New Facebook Container Extension for Firefox: Our Multi-Account Containers extension has been a game changer for many users, letting them manage various parts of their online life without intermingling your accounts. To help Firefox users have more control of their data on Facebook, we’ve created the Facebook Container...