Windows 10: Facebook crashes after only scrolling a few hours on my news feed

Discus and support Facebook crashes after only scrolling a few hours on my news feed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, It appears this issue has come up before on this forum, but not in this particular form. My Facebook crashes after only scrolling a few hours... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bigbeardedbuddy, May 3, 2020.

1. Facebook crashes after only scrolling a few hours on my news feed

Hi,

It appears this issue has come up before on this forum, but not in this particular form. My Facebook crashes after only scrolling a few hours into my news feed. It used to go back 24 hours or more, and even then it would just not go any farther, it wouldn't crash. Now, it starts to slow down after only 5 or 6 hours in, videos won't load, then stops altogether after 8 to 10 hours. Half the time now, it will also crash. Looks like it's just not able to handle the load anymore. It did this on my previous computer Windows 10 Home, and I just purchased a new computer also Windows 10 Home, and it's still happening. This has only been happening for a couple of months now. Repeated messages to the Facebook support team have of course gone unanswered. Can you think of any reason why Windows 10 Home is unable to bear the Facebook load any longer? All other apps on my system are working fine, it's only Facebook that has this problem. Hope you guys can help. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

bigbeardedbuddy

:)

bigbeardedbuddy, May 3, 2020
  2. bheiser Win User

Facebook news feeds

What application are you using to try and view the Facebook new feed?

bheiser, May 3, 2020
  3. facebook news feed problem

the news feed in my facebook app isn't updating since 5 feb 2015. it is showing new feeds in the people hub but not in the official facebook app. lumia 520 windows phone 8.1 denim.

AashishVinayak, May 3, 2020
  4. 7thSense Win User

Facebook crashes after only scrolling a few hours on my news feed

FACEBOOK NEWS FEED

Do you mean the Facebook app or the news feed in the People Hub? The feed in the People Hub counts as a third-party app and therefor won't show posts by people that don't allow their posts in third-party apps.

7thSense, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Facebook crashes after only scrolling a few hours on my news feed

1. Facebook crashes after only scrolling a few hours on my news feed - Similar Threads - Facebook crashes scrolling

2. How do I show only news in the taskbar news feed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I show only news in the taskbar news feed?: Short of turning the whole thing off, how do I get that system tray news feed to show only "real" news articles?I've turned off all interests except for world news, and yet I still get puerile nonsense like the "5 things that are going viral right now!" or "You won't believe...
  3. How do I show only news in the taskbar news feed?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I show only news in the taskbar news feed?: Short of turning the whole thing off, how do I get that system tray news feed to show only "real" news articles?I've turned off all interests except for world news, and yet I still get puerile nonsense like the "5 things that are going viral right now!" or "You won't believe...
  4. Facebook gives you more control and context in News Feed

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook gives you more control and context in News Feed: [ATTACH] Control What You Share Today we’re introducing a new tool to give you more control over what you share to News Feed by managing who can comment on your public posts. Now, you can control your commenting audience for a given public post by choosing from...
  5. Facebook Now Prioritizing Original News Reporting on News Feed

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook Now Prioritizing Original News Reporting on News Feed: [img] When we ask people what kind of news they want to see on Facebook, they continually tell us they want news stories that are credible and informative. Today, we’re updating the way news stories are ranked in News Feed to prioritize original reporting and...
  6. MSN News Feed

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSN News Feed: How do I remove the MSN News Feed in my Windows 10 Edge Browser? The MSN news Feed is not to my taste and I would prefer to use the BBC News Feed. If I can...how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-news-feed/b13b602d-6aab-49bd-b1f7-1baaefc6acd0
  7. Facebook introduces 'Why am I seeing this post' in News Feed

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook introduces 'Why am I seeing this post' in News Feed: News Feed is always personalized to you — and starting today you’ll have even more information and control over your experience. We’re introducing “Why am I seeing this post?” to help you better understand and more easily control what you see from friends, Pages and Groups...
  8. NEWS FEED PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NEWS FEED PROBLEM: Recently, News Feed has not been working. It is set to "most recent" but the posts that show are days old and the "recent" are way down there. Also, if you set this to show "recent", why doesn't it remain that way? Also, it notes when you log in, do you want to save the...
  9. hide news feed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hide news feed: How can I permanently hide news feed from edge start page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_news/hide-news-feed/6641b9fd-57f7-4d4b-a752-67ee843e7319
  10. Facebook News Feed update will prioritize faster loading webpages

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook News Feed update will prioritize faster loading webpages: We’re always listening to our community to understand how we can improve their experience of News Feed. We’ve heard from people that it’s frustrating to click on a link that leads to a slow-loading webpage. In fact, even more broadly on the internet, we’ve found that when...