Windows 10: facebook, hacked, passwords

Discus and support facebook, hacked, passwords in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Do you know anything about facebook? I have been totally locked out of my account. It's so sad that I can bring it up as a friend but it's not my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KathyIle, Nov 17, 2018.

1. KathyIle Win User

facebook, hacked, passwords

Do you know anything about facebook? I have been totally locked out of my account. It's so sad that I can bring it up as a friend but it's not my account anymore. I've tried many different ways. It gives me the wrong questions. It wants to know what is in the subject line. I don't what I put in subject lines. When I try to fix it, it will send my info to an account that account is long gone. It got hacked. I had that email basically since email was started. It's just really sad because I don't know that much about computers. I get taken advantage of because I don't know what's going on with my computer most of the time. I lost the account years ago but when I go to a site I find out I've been there before & again there's password issues. I just keep getting caught up in passwords. over this summer I have had my Id stolen, I had computer issues, I get horribly hacked and icing on the cake. My wallet got stolen from a worker that I can't say to much about. If there's anything you can help me do. I would so appreciate it.

:)

KathyIle, Nov 17, 2018

2. Make your Facebook hack-proof

The social media firm has announced it now supports the FIDO U2F security key - a physical key that's plugged into the USB-port on a computer and is tapped to confirm login, alongside a password to open Facebook.

Facebook says that using the key will make accounts 'immune' to hackers.

Mobile users will also be able to use NFC (near-field communication) technology - the same software that powers contactless services - to connect the key with some Android devices.

Facebook says it is still working on support for its official app.

Once activated via Facebook's security setting, both the key and the password are needed to log in - a set-up that's known as two-factor authentication - and a set-up Facebook also says will make remote hacking into accounts impossible.

Facebook said that if users have a U2F security key, they can register it with their account via the site's settings and do not have to use it again to log in to Facebook on that device until they clear the browser's cache.

Keys can also be bought online, and cost around £16.99 ($21).

The social network's security team has previously estimated that around 0.06 per cent of Facebook accounts - around 600,000 profiles - are compromised every day.

facebook, hacked, passwords 00578-4160712-Facebook_said_that_if_users_have_a_U2F_security_key_they_can_reg-a-2_1485503474059.jpg

http://indianexpress.com/article/te...ical-security-key-to-counter-hacking-4495579/

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Major_A Win User
    NVIDIA Forums Hack: Passwords Not Salted

After having a few friends get their email accounts hacked I started using 16-32 character passwords. I know that they are still vulnerable but the hope is they are harder to crack than lazier people. Kind of like the expression about 2 people and a bear, "I don't have to run faster than the bear, just faster than you".

If you want a totally random password then I'd suggest using PCTools Secure Password Generator.
    Norton - My Subscription

Major_A, Nov 17, 2018
  4. facebook, hacked, passwords

Epic Games Forums Hacked; Over 800,000 Passwords Stolen

What they are really saying is : they stole the user database but we don't store passwords, we store password hashes ... emails will be added to all global spam lists though.

BiggieShady, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

facebook, hacked, passwords

1. facebook, hacked, passwords - Similar Threads - facebook hacked passwords

2. How recover my facebook account hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How recover my facebook account hacked: julius alindogan <removed> password account. <removed>* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-recover-my-facebook-account-hacked/19ca99e7-1efa-4cbb-846d-a43148096934
  3. How recover my facebook account hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How recover my facebook account hacked: julius alindogan <removed> password account. <removed>* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-recover-my-facebook-account-hacked/19ca99e7-1efa-4cbb-846d-a43148096934
  4. My Facebook been hacked and accounts too .cant even get onto my Facebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Facebook been hacked and accounts too .cant even get onto my Facebook: My Facebook been hacked by meta infringement * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-facebook-been-hacked-and-accounts-too-cant-even/94176f43-8830-4d40-bc1a-7eac704fce37
  5. My Facebook been hacked and accounts too .cant even get onto my Facebook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Facebook been hacked and accounts too .cant even get onto my Facebook: My Facebook been hacked by meta infringement * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-facebook-been-hacked-and-accounts-too-cant-even/94176f43-8830-4d40-bc1a-7eac704fce37
  6. Hacked my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hacked my password: Hi Microsoft, I got some emails from someone that knows my real password, how did he do this i didnt know, but he said full of nonsense that isnt true, i know its funny because the most of things its not true, like he said facebook i even dont have that, only thing where im...
  7. Serious Facebook Messenger virus/hack question

Serious Facebook Messenger virus/hack question: Hi, This is an important question... If you do now know the answer who might I contact about this? The situation: There was a Facebook messenger video that I received from 1 friend then forwarded to approx. 20+ other friends some individually some in groups. One of my...
  8. Facebook hacked?

Facebook hacked?: I am being hacked 3 times a day I know as I have security notifications turned on. I have got other to check who don’t have that turned on and they are showing they are hacked. Can everyone check your not hacked in FB goto settings, security and login look at your logged in...
  9. hacked email and password change

hacked email and password change: A few days ago my hotmail, which is linked to my laptop, was hacked and my password was changed by the hacker. The yahoo mail i had for verification was closed because of unusual activity so i dont have access to that either. I have also tried to answer these verification...
  10. Laptop Hacked - Password Changed

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Laptop Hacked - Password Changed: My brother's best friend is a nice enough guy, but FAR from being the sharpest knife in the drawer.... A couple days ago he got a call from 'Microsoft', telling him that his computer was infected with a multitude of viruses. Not only did he take the call, but he agreed to...