Windows 10: Facebook introduces new Messenger 4 app

Discus and support Facebook introduces new Messenger 4 app in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Starting today, we’re rolling out a new, simplified version of Messenger: Messenger 4. In a recent Messenger study, 7 out of 10 (71%) people told us... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Facebook introduces new Messenger 4 app

Familiar: Keeps What You Know and Love
    While Messenger 4 is all about simpler and easier-to-use messaging, we’re still keeping all of the features that help you connect with the people you care about. Whether you want to poll your friends on which movie to see, split the bill for last night’s dinner, share your live location to find friends at a music festival, challenge them to your favorite games, or catch up in a group video chat, we aren’t changing anything about what you’ve always loved about Messenger.

Facebook introduces new Messenger 4 app messenger-4-dark-mode-ios.png

Personal: Created With You in Mind
    It can take time to get used to changes in an app you rely on every day, which is why we’re rolling out Messenger 4 in phases. We have a handful of new features we’re planning to introduce in the near future, like Dark Mode, a re-skinned interface that cuts down on the glare from your phone. So take your time, settle in, and we’ll be back with more soon.

Welcome to the new Messenger.

Source: Say Hello to the New Messenger: Introducing Messenger 4 | Facebook Newsroom

:)

Brink, Oct 24, 2018

2. I want to remove Facebook Messenger

They just brought that out. Although, I rarely use the web version of Facebook since I use Windows 10's Facebook app and Messenger app as well the Facebook app and Messenger app on my phone. I did notice on my grandmother's computer when she had Facebook pulled up on the web that they had replaced Facebook's old messaging interface to the new Facebook Messenger interface.

Facebook Messenger: A New Review (review) | AndroidGuys

Facebook for Desktop Removes Messages, Adds Messenger Interface? | SocialTimes

Jesse Williams, Oct 24, 2018
  3. thomcats Win User
    I want to remove Facebook Messenger

Thank you for the links. I can see - with a small bit of comfort - that I'm not alone in hating it.
    *Wink

thomcats, Oct 24, 2018
  4. EmazAnwar Win User

Facebook Messenger Discontinuation

As announced in Facebook blog, they said:

With over 1B people using Messenger every month, our team spends countless hours making it the best way to message your friends and family. One of the ways we continue to improve is by consistently introducing
    rich features, like voice and video calling, games, and bots for Messenger. Using older versions of apps means that experiences won’t work well or sometimes not at all. As a result, we are asking people who are using older versions to upgrade so they can enjoy
    more of the delightful features of Messenger.

We will be ending support for messaging in some older mobile app versions of Messenger and Facebook. We have proactively reached out to those affected and have also offered suggestions right in Messenger. These
    include updating your app to the latest version, loading an OS update for your device or migrating to Facebook Lite. If your devices do not support the newest versions of Facebook, we recommend going to Facebook.com through your mobile browser.

By the end of March, we will be ending support for messaging on the following older mobile app versions:

• Android
      • Facebook for Android v55, released on November 16, 2015, and below.
      • Messenger v10, released on August 14, 2014, and below.
    • iOS
      • Facebook for iPad v26, released on October 10, 2011, and below.
      • Messenger v8, released on July 14, 2014, and below.
      • Facebook for iOS, released on October 10, 2011, and below.
    • Windows
      • Facebook for Windows Phone.
      • Messenger for Windows Phone 8 and 8.1.
      • Facebook for Windows 8 and 8.1 desktop app.

EmazAnwar, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Facebook introduces new Messenger 4 app - Similar Threads - Facebook introduces Messenger

2. Facebook Messenger App Logs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Facebook Messenger App Logs: I found a folder labeled "logs" that has nearly 4gb of text documents just sitting on my PCusername>AppData>LocalLow>Messenger>logsis it safe to delete the contents of this folder? seems like a massive paperweight to me....
  3. Facebook introduces Vanish Mode for Messenger and Instagram

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook introduces Vanish Mode for Messenger and Instagram: Sometimes a message is just spontaneous – something you want to say in the moment without worrying about it sticking around. That’s why we’re excited to introduce vanish mode on Messenger, which lets you send messages that disappear...
  4. Facebook introduces Watch Together on Messenger

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook introduces Watch Together on Messenger: Some things are simply better together. Earlier this year, we rolled out several new tools to help you stay more connected with your friends and family, no matter where they are. And today, we’re announcing Watch Together so you can enjoy Facebook Watch videos...
  5. Facebook introduces a Forwarding Limit on Messenger

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook introduces a Forwarding Limit on Messenger: [ATTACH] As a part of our ongoing efforts to provide people with a safer, more private messaging experience, today we're introducing a forwarding limit on Messenger, so messages can only be forwarded to five people or groups at a time. Limiting forwarding is an effective...
  6. Facebook Messenger Introduces App Lock and New Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook Messenger Introduces App Lock and New Privacy Settings: [ATTACH] Privacy is at the heart of Messenger - where you can be yourself with the people who matter most to you, whether that's through a message, video chat, call or a Messenger Room. Today, we're announcing new privacy and security features that give you more control....
  7. Facebook introduces Business Inbox in Messenger for iOS and Android

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook introduces Business Inbox in Messenger for iOS and Android: Today we’re launching a new business inbox in Messenger to help businesses respond to customer messages and easily toggle between their personal and business accounts in the Messenger app. According to our research, over 90% of Facebook business admins already use...
  8. Facebook Introducing Messenger Rooms and More Ways to Connect

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook Introducing Messenger Rooms and More Ways to Connect: Facebook’s products have always been about connecting people. Over the years we’ve focused on how to help people feel present with one another even when they’re not in the same place. Today, video helps most of us bridge the distance....
  9. Facebook messenger app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook messenger app: The facebook messenger app keeps saying "an error has occurred when trying to get access to microphone: hardware access error" However it only says this when I try to do a video call. when I go an audio call it won't let me turn on my camera. I've made sure both are turned on...
  10. Uninstalled Facebook & Messenger App.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled Facebook & Messenger App.: Facebook & Messenger have not worked at all since the last two updates. They are still working on my Asus Laptop & Lumia 950xl smart phone. The apps are just not to work on my PC. Which is running Window 10 Pro. Have tried just about everything I can think of. I think it's...