Windows 10: Facebook is using all my memory

Discus and support Facebook is using all my memory in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I don't want to spend hours looking for a match, so am posting here. Please advise if this is the proper way, or if there is a better way to go... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bigbeardedbuddy, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Facebook is using all my memory

Hi, I don't want to spend hours looking for a match, so am posting here. Please advise if this is the proper way, or if there is a better way to go about it. My concern is this: Facebook will shut down on me and advise me to refresh my page, after only a coupe of hours use. It's been doing this for a year or more. It says that I am out of memory. I have 8 gigs of RAM, this should not happen. My present computer is an Acer Aspire 5 series, running Windows 10 Home build 19042.865. I have only had this computer for a few months, and this problem was occurring well before this latest computer. Could anybody explain why 1 app seems to be using all my memory? Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

:)

bigbeardedbuddy, Jan 3, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 3, 2021
  3. Mark_W. Win User
    facebook

Hello narendrapatel1980:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding the issues you are having using Facebook chat on your phone. We may need more information regarding exactly what you are seeing, what is working with Facebook and what is not working. Below you will find a couple
    troubleshooting steps for Facebook issues, we hope they will help.

The first thing we suggest you do when a Facebook account is not working as it should is to remove the Facebook account from your phone. After you have removed the Facebook account from your phone, uninstall the Facebook application, if currently installed.
    Once you have deleted the account from your emails + accounts settings we suggest you unlink the Microsoft account and Facebook account and then relink them. You can manage this from
    Outlook – free personal email and calendar from Microsoft. Once you are signed in here go to
    permissions > manage other accounts > edit > remove this connection completely. At this point I would suggest you sign out of this site and then sign back into the account and relink the Microsoft account and the Facebook account.

Once you have completed the above steps, go to the phone and tap settings > applications > Internet Explorer > delete history > restart the phone. After the phone reboots, add your Facebook account back to the phone and reinstall the
    Facebook application. Go to the messaging application to see if you are able to start a Facebook chat.

If you continue to have issues please provide the following details:

• Do you receive any error messages or codes?
    • Do you see your friends listed? Are they showing as Offline?
    • Do you see anything different when viewing your Facebook friends via the application?
    • What country are you located?
    • What is the current OS version running on your phone, tap settings > about > more info.?
    Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Jan 3, 2021
  4. Facebook is using all my memory

Memory issues

Thank you for updating us. We suggest that you run the Memory Diagnostics Tool, this is to check your system for memory problems. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel and type memory in the search bar.
    • Click on Diagnose computer memory problems to open it.
    • If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

Facebook is using all my memory

1. Facebook is using all my memory - Similar Threads - Facebook using memory

2. In use Compressed Memory using all of my ram.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In use Compressed Memory using all of my ram.: My compressed ram keeps increasing to use all of my ram. When I restart, it my computer works for a while then becomes unusable. I have had ram issues in the past bluescreens, crashing, pc shutting down without warning but I replaced my motherboard and RAM which seemed to...
  3. In use Compressed Memory using all of my ram.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In use Compressed Memory using all of my ram.: My compressed ram keeps increasing to use all of my ram. When I restart, it my computer works for a while then becomes unusable. I have had ram issues in the past bluescreens, crashing, pc shutting down without warning but I replaced my motherboard and RAM which seemed to...
  4. I cant use all my ram memory

I cant use all my ram memory: I cant use all my ram memory asus rog strix G512 LI intel core i7 , i have 16 GB it only uses 4700 MB i tried to maximize in RUN msconfig but when I press apply it says system configuration cannot save the original boot configuration for later restoration, boot changes will...
  5. I cant use all my ram memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant use all my ram memory: I cant use all my ram memory asus rog strix G512 LI intel core i7 , i have 16 GB it only uses 4700 MB i tried to maximize in RUN msconfig but when I press apply it says system configuration cannot save the original boot configuration for later restoration, boot changes will...
  6. Something using up all my memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something using up all my memory: If I close Opera, it would be just 50-60%. Is it Windows using the memory or is it something hiding from me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-using-up-all-my-memory/dc04de06-8ad1-4d92-81ce-91249173589d
  7. Something using up all my memory

Something using up all my memory: If I close Opera, it would be just 50-60%. Is it Windows using the memory or is it something hiding from me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-using-up-all-my-memory/dc04de06-8ad1-4d92-81ce-91249173589d
  8. Something using up all my memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Service Host using all my memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Host using all my memory: Ever since i got my computer, service host has been using all my memory for no apparent reason, I have tried to change my paging file limit and I have disabled windows intelligence transfer, and I have disabled the super fetch service. help [ATTACH]...
  10. ALL MY SUBJECTS ON FACEBOOK ARE GONE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ALL MY SUBJECTS ON FACEBOOK ARE GONE: I KNOW THIS IS A MISTAKE AND I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO FIX ITI HAVE BEEN ON FACEBOOK FOR YEARS AND WILL NEVER GET THIS BACK UNLESS THEY DOWNLOAD IT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-subjects-on-facebook-are-gone/d1dc7f99-bc80-44e6-b4f0-43ab6396dbbf"