Windows 10: Facebook Live slows down my browser

Discus and support Facebook Live slows down my browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Here are my computer specs: CPU: 5960x Mobo: ASUS Rampage V Extreme RAM: 16 GB @ 2800MHz GPU: GTX 980 SC That said, I'm using Google Chrome (it's... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JOSHSKORN, May 23, 2020.

1. JOSHSKORN Win User

Facebook Live slows down my browser

Here are my computer specs:

CPU: 5960x
    Mobo: ASUS Rampage V Extreme
    RAM: 16 GB @ 2800MHz
    GPU: GTX 980 SC

That said, I'm using Google Chrome (it's always fully updated), supposedly it's a 64-bit browser, as far as I can tell (it doesn't specify 32-bit in the Task Manager)

When Watching a Facebook Live streamed in HD (720p), the rest of my browser gets very slow. In looking at my Task Manager, my CPU is bouncing around 10%-11%, and my RAM is at roughly 54%, with Google Chrome occupying nearly 2GB of RAM. All other performance percentages are anywhere from 0% to 2% (Disk, GPU).

Why on Earth would my browser slow so much if it was truly 64-bit and if my system resources are not maxed? Maybe there are RAM usage limits on Chrome that I'm unaware of? Or other reasons?

:)

JOSHSKORN, May 23, 2020

2. Facebook Notifications and Live Tile Not Working

Hi Nyima,

Thank you for your reply. To answer your questions:

• Yes, I am using the official Facebook app from Windows Store for both PC and Phone.
    • No change was made on my phone. The only change on my PC is I uninstalled the Facebook app and reinstalled it because it was running slow - I was hoping reinstalling it would help.
    Step 1: I ran the troubleshooter as you suggested, and it told my that my UAC was turned off - so I turned that back on. It did not make a difference.

Step 2: Facebook does not show as an option under Notifications & Actions. It is my understanding that it will not show there until you receive your first notification - which I am not getting.

What is really weird is that both my PC and my Phone stopped receiving notifications and live tile updates at the same time. It's like something is "broken" in my Microsoft account. I have spent a great deal of time searching and looking at all the settings
    in my Microsoft account, but cannot find anything that would cause this. No account settings were changed in my Microsoft account.

Thank you for your help!

TerryCM Coombs, May 23, 2020
  3. Facebook Notifications and Live Tile Not Working

Hi Terry,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "Notifications and the Facebook Live Tile stopped", are you using Facebook app from Windows Store?
    • Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?

If you are using Facebook app from Windows Store, then I suggest you to follow the methods below to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter to check for any changes in app settings on the computer
    and turn on app notification.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: I recommend you to follow the steps below to turn on app notification and check if it helps.

Select Settings > System > Notifications & actions >
    Turn on Show app notifications.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with issue with getting Facebook notifications, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 23, 2020
  4. Facebook Live slows down my browser

Slow Browser

Hi Susan,

To address your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Have you already performed a speedtest for your internet connection?
    • Does your other devices experience the same slowness in browsing?
    • Have you turned off your addons on your browsers?

For the meantime, you can perform a reset on your Internet Explorer 11 / Microsoft Edge by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards.

ErwinJames San, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Facebook Live slows down my browser

1. Facebook Live slows down my browser - Similar Threads - Facebook Live slows

2. Is Facebook Down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Facebook Down?: Was opening facebook and got this: Sorry, something went wrong.We're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can. Go Back Facebook 2021 Help 177356
  3. Photos slowing down browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos slowing down browser: Split from this thread. I am a Microsoft user not a technician. How am I supposed to follow all those instructions to eliminate al those photos that slow down my browser? I do not want them and do now know how to get rid of them. Why have them there anyway. If I want...
  4. Edge Chromium browser slowing down

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium browser slowing down: About three weeks ago I downloaded the new Edge Chromium browser. It was noticeably faster than my older Edge browser. I look a a lot of E-Bay photos each day from the same seller. They are usually the same digital size, and now my Edge Chromium is displaying them on my...
  5. Opening Facebook from Live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening Facebook from Live mail: When opening Facebook from Windows live mail just the top left hand side of the page shows on the lower right hand side of my screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-facebook-from-live-mail/d3efc26e-ce66-45d2-80d2-63f518887572
  6. live video facebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    live video facebook: When i click on the live video tile, the live video page is not loading. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-video-facebook/f00cef4a-f000-4c9d-bf55-ec949332128e
  7. Facebook live problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Facebook live problems: trying to use droidcam and mobile phone to livestream on facebook. camera not recognised but permissions are on? help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-live-problems/29168911-530a-4a58-a8f6-e6798518aa41
  8. how to get facebook live to work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to get facebook live to work: facebook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-facebook-live-to-work/981b1da0-c4e4-4868-95c8-b1e76f3629a1
  9. My Browser is slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Browser is slow: My Google Chrome browser is getting slow. No matter what I do. It used to be very fast, but now it just crawls. I can't even upload a photo on Facebook without it taking forever. I can clear the casche, but it's still slow. What can I do? I really don't want to use...
  10. Facebook Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Facebook Browser: Which browser do I have now? I clicked on Edge. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-browser/3f316119-6b38-48a4-acbf-20adf9b00501