Windows 10: facebook loads very slowly in chrome

Discus and support facebook loads very slowly in chrome in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; facebook loads very slowly in chrome (Version 83.0.4103.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)) in my account on my laptop works fine in new edge this only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by makhan10, Jun 13, 2020.

1. makhan10 Win User

facebook loads very slowly in chrome

facebook loads very slowly in chrome (Version 83.0.4103.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)) in my account on my laptop

works fine in new edge

this only happens in my account

i tried loading fb in my daughter account in chrome on same laptop works fine

this only happens with fb other websites works fine

:)

makhan10, Jun 13, 2020

2. Unable to load the Facebook page completely on Chrome and Firefox browsers on Windows 10.

Hello Janne,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you have trouble accessing the Facebook webpage on Chrome and Firefox browser, and similar issue persists on desktop and laptop but not on iPad or phone. The issue persists even after clearing the cache, uninstalling
    and re-installing the Chrome browser.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if similar issue persists on Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer browser?
    • Does the issue persists only on Facebook webpage?

You may be facing the above issue due to the browser components conflicting with the internet connection or the internet connection received on the computer on connecting to the webpage

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists on logging in into the Facebook social webpage using Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer browser. Also check if similar issue persists on logging in into other social accounts using Chrome or Firefox
    browser.

Step 1: If the issue persists on other social networking webpages also, run the
    Internet connection troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is fixed.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Internet Connections,
      click on Advanced and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooter to complete.
    • Check the status after the troubleshooting is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: If the issue persists only on using Facebook webpage, I suggest you to get in touch with the Facebook support forum group for further assistance as you have already contacted them before.

Zum Anzeigen anmelden oder registrieren

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Facebook will not load on Chrome or Firefox since last Windows 10 update

Since the last Windows update Facebook will not load on either Chrome or Firefox, but loads on Edge. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both and cleared cookies to no avail. the loading either times out or comes up with an error message. If I didn't
    know better (!) would think it was a cunning ploy to edge out other browsers. Any suggestions?

WendyJoint, Jun 14, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Thumbnails load slowly in Explorer

Hi, have you done any research on this? A general search for
    thumbnails load slowly
    suggests e.g.
    How to Speed Up a Windows Folder that Loads Very Slowly

But there are so many factors: how large a file is each image: where are the files located: what is the speed of access to that location: what else is the PC doing at the same time..... (check your task manager).

Another angle:
    When Windows 10 thumbnails seem to be missing or slow to load, try this | PCWorld

Please also feel free to search the forum.

Note: forum rules prohibit thread bumping... thanks.

dalchina, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

1. facebook loads very slowly in chrome - Similar Threads - facebook loads very

2. My Windows 10 settings app is loading very slowly

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Windows 10 settings app is loading very slowly: Recently, my Windows 10 22H2 settings app has been loading extremely slowly and navigating inside the app is very laggy as well. How do I fix this?...
  3. Desktop is loading very slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop is loading very slowly: The issue began about 12 hours ago. My computer simply failed to respond so I turned it off. When I attempted to turn it back on it send me to the log on screen still loading slowly then I was brought to a black screen. I restarted my computer several times tried to intervene...
  4. Desktop is loading very slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop is loading very slowly: The issue began about 12 hours ago. My computer simply failed to respond so I turned it off. When I attempted to turn it back on it send me to the log on screen still loading slowly then I was brought to a black screen. I restarted my computer several times tried to intervene...
  5. Desktop is loading very slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Chrome starts slowly

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome starts slowly: Hello, Recently my Google Chrome browser has begun taking a few seconds to start up. I believe the problem started with a recent Windows Update. I think it was the following update, but I am not sure: KB5003173. Before the update Chrome took maybe 2 seconds to start the first...
  7. facebook loads very slowly in chrome

in Browsers and Email
    facebook loads very slowly in chrome: facebook loads very slowly in chrome (Version 83.0.4103.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)) in my account on my laptop works fine in new edge this only happens in my account i tried loading fb in my daughter account in chrome on same laptop works fine this only happens with fb...
  8. Control Panel's "Programs and Features" loads very slowly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Control Panel's "Programs and Features" loads very slowly: When I open Programs and Features via control panel, it takes a good 15 seconds to load. I have other PCs that don't have this issue - they load instantly. Why is this happening and how can i resolve this issue? Thanks! submitted by /u/wafflewrestler [link] [comments]...
  9. Files very often load only very slowly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Files very often load only very slowly: The CPU of my PC is an i7-6700 with 16 GB RAM running Windows 10 Pro 1809 Build 17763.379. I have my data on several internal SSDs and several NAS with Gigabit Ethernet connections. My antivirus software is the built in Defender from MS. My Windows 10 File Explorer is getting...
  10. no IPv6 connection -websites load very slowly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no IPv6 connection -websites load very slowly: I noticed late last night..no IPv6 connection, only IPv4. and from that, some web pages load very slowly. I checked download /upload speed and registered very abnormal results. download: 5.25% and upload: 1.90% the normal stats would be download: 95.78% and upload: 6.88%...