Windows 10: facebook locks up

Discus and support facebook locks up in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; don't use facebook much but tried it a few time now with IE and each time it fugged up when typing a message as soon as I click on the reply button ,it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by caperjack, Oct 3, 2014.

1. caperjack Win User

facebook locks up

don't use facebook much but tried it a few time now with IE and each time it fugged up when typing a message as soon as I click on the reply button ,it fixed it self but all I typed was gone

:)

caperjack, Oct 3, 2014

2. Why does my Facebook webpage lock up on me? Cursor locks up.

Original Title: Facebook

Why does my Facebook webpage lock up on me? Cursor locks up.

AlvinArmbruster, Oct 3, 2014
  3. Web Browser Crashing

Locked up again today opening a picture on Facebook.

Peter Weedon, Oct 3, 2014
  4. Rickkins Win User

facebook locks up

Have ya tried with a different browser..??

Rickkins, Oct 3, 2014
  5. Koub777 Win User
    Internet explorer is the best browser to download another one.

So try a different browser and tell us what is happening ...

Koub777, Oct 3, 2014
  6. caperjack Win User
    I assume a typo
    I like and use IE 11 on my win8.1 install ,only browser installed actually ,I guess its all what you get use to .but I did install chrome on win10 and will give it a try later ,on win8 right now , thanks

caperjack, Oct 3, 2014
  7. Hi and welcome to TenForums,
    Try getting rid of Microsoft compatibility view lists,
    Open ie,
    Use Alt+TB or Gear symbol on the top right and click on Comp-view Settings,
    Uncheck use Microsoft lists,

After unchecking and saving/ Close.

use Alt+TD or Gear symbol/ Safety/ Delete browser history,
    Uncheck the top box and check All others/ Delete.

Close ie and re-open and test the issue,
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Oct 4, 2014
  8. caperjack Win User

facebook locks up

thank you for the info ,did as suggested ,but cant check it out till I use facebook for chat again .*Cool

caperjack, Oct 4, 2014
  9. ThrashZone, Oct 4, 2014
  10. caperjack Win User
    I just used it to send message and it didn't freeze up, but I have to add that last night i did a system restore back to before I install any 3rd party apps, because it stopped sleeping when I install malwarebytes pro and the new ccleaner

caperjack, Oct 4, 2014
  11. Hi and thanks for the update,
    Did you have to use anything from my post # 7 ?

Yikes a little early for ccleaner *Shock
    As far as MBAM is that the new Beta version ?
    Please say No *Smile

ThrashZone, Oct 5, 2014
  12. caperjack Win User
    lol, I live on the edge ,just install what ever ,not using 10 now as most of the stuff I use is on my win8 drive .thank for your help

caperjack, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

facebook locks up

1. facebook locks up - Similar Threads - facebook locks

2. Two-Step Authenticator has locked me out of my facebook - no help from Facebook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two-Step Authenticator has locked me out of my facebook - no help from Facebook: Hello I have been desperately trying for months to access my facebook account that runs my personal business but I have done literally everything I can to try and access it with no progress. I have contacted facebook a handful of times regarding this issue. I have received no...
  3. Two-Step Authenticator has locked me out of my facebook - no help from Facebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two-Step Authenticator has locked me out of my facebook - no help from Facebook: Hello I have been desperately trying for months to access my facebook account that runs my personal business but I have done literally everything I can to try and access it with no progress. I have contacted facebook a handful of times regarding this issue. I have received no...
  4. Locked out of my Facebook Account

Locked out of my Facebook Account: Because Ive locked myself out of Facebook and cannot longer use my old mobile number I did previously use my Microsoft email to access my Facebook, I am just asking if I can stilll be able to use this as Proof that's it's really me? I've tried to use my old outlook email...
  5. Locked out of my Facebook Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of my Facebook Account: Because Ive locked myself out of Facebook and cannot longer use my old mobile number I did previously use my Microsoft email to access my Facebook, I am just asking if I can stilll be able to use this as Proof that's it's really me? I've tried to use my old outlook email...
  6. How can I unlock my Facebook account which was locked through no fault of my own?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I unlock my Facebook account which was locked through no fault of my own?: How can you unlock a Facebook account that was locked through no fault of my own? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-unlock-my-facebook-account-which-was/0dd56fbb-15ee-42ed-8feb-ca5f90210d39
  7. How can I unlock my Facebook account which was locked through no fault of my own?

How can I unlock my Facebook account which was locked through no fault of my own?: How can you unlock a Facebook account that was locked through no fault of my own? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-unlock-my-facebook-account-which-was/0dd56fbb-15ee-42ed-8feb-ca5f90210d39
  8. How can I unlock my Facebook account which was locked through no fault of my own?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Facebook Messenger Introduces App Lock and New Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook Messenger Introduces App Lock and New Privacy Settings: [ATTACH] Privacy is at the heart of Messenger - where you can be yourself with the people who matter most to you, whether that's through a message, video chat, call or a Messenger Room. Today, we're announcing new privacy and security features that give you more control....
  10. 7 to 10 upgrade, Facebook video locks up computer

in Windows 10 Support
    7 to 10 upgrade, Facebook video locks up computer: As per subject, using Chrome or Windows Edge, if I play a Facebook video, more often than not, the computer locks up and I need to do a hard shutdown. Have manually installed latest driver for AMD Video card, does anyone have any ideas of how to solve this? Running a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. facebook locks up